PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Issues with multiple choice questions in Interaction Feedback Module "Transaction execution failed"

Posted 08-19-2021 09:17
    Hey Guys, 

New member of the community and have been working with Genesys Pure Connect for 8 months, although my company has been using Genesys pure connect for 4+ years. 

It has always been on our roadmap to utilize the interaction feedback module to allow CSAT after our phone calls. I wanted this to match as closely as possible our method and scoring system we have in place for our Chats and Emails, which operate on a 1 - 5 rating system with 1 being the lowest and 5 being the highest. 

The only way to achieve this would be to have a multiple-choice question with 5 weighted answers from 1 - 5, with each DTMF key representing a weighted choice. This sounds simple and would be the perfect solution - However, this does not work. The multiple choice seems to only allow two choices? If I go above two choices, I receive the error "Transaction Execution Failed".

So although in theory it allows me to add multiple choices, it does not in practice do this, as it only allows me to pick 2 options. If I create the question with only 1 or 2 choices then it successfully creates the question, anything above 2 choices and I get an error.  ​

Has anyone else faced this error? Or has anyone successfully created a multiple choice question within a survey that has more than two choices attached to it? 

Please let me know any advice or suggestions you might have (I am already two weeks over my deadline in getting this setup).

Thanks 

Gavin Nelson
    #QualityManagement

------------------------------
    Gavin Nelson
    Cassava Enterprises (Gibraltar) Ltd.

• 2.  RE: Issues with multiple choice questions in Interaction Feedback Module "Transaction execution failed"

GENESYS
    Posted 08-19-2021 12:09
    I can create them.  Can you include a screen shot to look at?

Rick Lyndon
    Staff Software Engineer - Team Lead

• 3.  RE: Issues with multiple choice questions in Interaction Feedback Module "Transaction execution failed"

Posted 08-20-2021 05:45
    Hey Richard, 

Thank you for the reply. I will post snips of the entire journey, from Survey setup to finalizing the question, and please tell me if anything looks out of place or different to how you set yours up 

Survey Setup 

Next, Question Settings 

Gavin Nelson

• 4.  RE: Issues with multiple choice questions in Interaction Feedback Module "Transaction execution failed"

Posted 08-20-2021 05:50
    I will continue with the post   

Next we have the DTMF keys choices and the associated weighted scoring. If I choose more than two choices at this section, then the question will not be created. 

Next, we are given the option for catogries, but as this is my first CSAT survey on our phone system, currently we have none so this is left blank.

After, that I hit create and I am presented with this error 

This error appears only when I enter more than two choices at the multiple-choice section. If i create it with two it works fine, however if i then try and edit the question to add more options, this does not work, as it always defaults back to the first two choices and removes the additional choices added ( A screenshot can be provided if this is relevant) 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks 

Gavin Nelson 

Gavin Nelson

• 5.  RE: Issues with multiple choice questions in Interaction Feedback Module "Transaction execution failed"

GENESYS
    Posted 08-20-2021 13:21

I am unable to reproduce this error.  

I even added the % incase it was causing the issue.   

You might be able to find an error in the surveyservice or transaction server logs that might explain the issue?  What database are you using?

This is not a misunderstanding on your part, something is not working.   If you are on a currently supported version and database vendor, please open a case with care so we can investigate the logs and find a resolution for you.

Rick Lyndon
    Staff Software Engineer - Team Lead

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources