PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Syncing lower environments with Production

Posted 04-13-2020 12:41
    I've been tasked with setting up a process for syncing some parts of our Production environment with our Stage and Dev environments. We are looking to sync Users, Roles, Workgroups, Skills, Wrap-up Codes, Status Message, Attendant, etc. Not any system settings or parameters. I've read thru the Migrator documentation but it seems to really only address new installs or upgrades. I know that you can do this all manually with DSEditU, but that is not recommended by Genesys.

I wanted to get some feedback to see what other organizations might be doing to sync their environments. Thanks in advance.
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Michael Bishop
    UnitedHealth Group/Optum

• 2.  RE: Syncing lower environments with Production

Posted 06-19-2020 13:09
    We're looking to do the same thing. After going live back in December our Dev environment hasn't been touched since it was configured by PS...Now it's time do some testing and we're missing users, workgroups, etc..

Really hoping there is an easy automated way of keeping the two environments in sync...

Chris Means
    The MathWorks, Inc.

• 3.  RE: Syncing lower environments with Production

Posted 06-22-2020 09:29
    Edited by Paul Simpson 06-22-2020 09:30
    Hey Mike!

Ok, so you haven't said how automated you want this to be, or how frequent....

My gut tells me to go with Migrator. Yes, it was originally written to allow you to move a system to new Hardware / OS (like when upgrading from the W2K3-based 3.0 to 4.0) but it can be used to do most of what you request.

Some points to note...

1. I'm not sure if it handles Attendant, but that can be done (fairly) easily within Attendant itself by going down the export / import route.
    2. You can choose what to export so it isn't an "all or nothing" approach.
    3. The file it produces is actually a ZIP file containing (if memory servs me correctly) XML files. You can change the file extention, unpack it, modify / edit if needed, re-pack and then re-name back....
    4. I don't believe it can update existing objects, so you may need to delete your users, Workgroups etc prior to importing to avoid duplication.

HTH, let us know how it goes!

Paul Simpson
    Senior Technical Instructor

• 4.  RE: Syncing lower environments with Production

Posted 06-23-2020 10:25
    Yes you can use Migrator for this, we do this for our DR environment daily via Schedule Task and it works out good. For Handlers you can have a script that runs to copy them over to the destination server and then activate them on the new server all via CLI. Let me know if you need more detail.

Sheldon Breading-Goodrich
    Edelman Financial Engines, LLC

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources