PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Remote Access - to enable unplanned schedule

Posted 04-20-2020 22:18
    I have enabled remote access and have access to "Option 9 administrative options" as I have admin rights.
    Under this menu, I have the ability to manage ALL "unplaned" schedules

I like to grant other users/supervisors with the ability to: 
    1. activate/deactivate  unplaned schedules remotely
    2. only have access to activate/deactivate selected schedules

The problem is that I do not want to give them admin rights.  How can this be achieved?  Is there remote access or tui access privileges under the user profile that I can enable? 

is this better addressed with a custom handler? I am not good with handlers :(

Thank you in advanced

#Handlers
    #PlatformAdministration
    #Security
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Vathsan Sarma
    Shoppers Drug Mart Corporation

• 2.  RE: Remote Access - to enable unplanned schedule

Posted 04-21-2020 08:26
    The ability to activate unplanned schedules only requires the Access Control Modify permission for the Attendant profiles in question. See this page for details: https://help.genesys.com/cic/mergedProjects/wh_iat/desktop/remotely_activate_an_unplanned_schedule.htm

The user does not require the "Remote Access" Security Right (this is for things like the Switchover Control Panel or IC System Manager). This also does not require any Administrator permissions.

But it does require the Attendant schedules to use the Unplanned tab - they cannot be linked to System Schedules.

This can work in a pinch, but my preference is to use a custom handler application that uses System Schedules and allows permission to be given by role to manage those specific schedules (so that the users do not have permission to actually modify the Attendant profiles) and also gives them the ability to modify a recording associated with the unplanned schedule.

David Currier
    cpi.solutions

• 3.  RE: Remote Access - to enable unplanned schedule

Posted 04-21-2020 20:33
    thank you!!

Vathsan Sarma
    Shoppers Drug Mart Corporation

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources