PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  How to deliver an Interaction only to a specific Available status

Posted 11-28-2019 06:13
    Hello Community,

I have a question on ACD and status messages and hope I can get some help here.

We are implementing Generic objects as new interactions that can come through to PureConnect.
    These interactions get ACD delivered to agents when they are in "Available" status and have the right skills/workgroup assigned. This part is working fine.
    These agents are skilled to receive a normal call and the new generic interaction.

We now have a requirement to control what the agent can receive at any time, call or generic interaction, based on what their status is.
    So if they are "Available" they will receive a call and if they are "Available for Generic" (new status code) they can only receive Generic interactions. The new status code has been setup as "Status allows ACD Calls" but I think this may be the issue.
    If we switch this off, we do not receive any interaction but if we switch this on, we receive both call and Generic interactions.

What we need is to be able to deliver the Generic interactions to an agent with status "Available for Generic" and then when they change the status of "Available", they will receive the call.

Is this possible to do ? Custom ACD Handlers maybe ?

Appreciate your help.

Regards
    Vineet
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Vineet Kakroo
    FIL Investment Management Ltd

• 2.  RE: How to deliver an Interaction only to a specific Available status

Posted 12-02-2019 11:39
    Hmmm,

OK, off the top of my head, I'd probably use ACD Categories. You could write a Handler that adds / remove a category to the Agent when they change Status. Then you could add the category to the interaction. I'm not clear if you want it to be ONLY Calls or ONLY generic, ot if it's both in one status and only one in the other. The answer would dictate whether you would need one or two categories....

HTH

• 3.  RE: How to deliver an Interaction only to a specific Available status

Posted 12-03-2019 14:47
    Vineet,

As Paul mentions you are going to have to do something on status changes in order to try to customize this behavior. Another idea that comes to mind is control workgroup activation based on status message. Of course both Paul's change and my change makes you add a customization to the status change handler which is fired off for EVERY status change in the system so you will want to be real selective at the top of the handler to make sure you only execute your code if absolutely necessary. Also remember you have to figure out how to recover from whichever method you use in the sense that if you add categories or change activation you have to be able to revert the change based on another triggered event. 

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk. If my comment helped you or solved your problem please consider marking my comment as best answer.

• 4.  RE: How to deliver an Interaction only to a specific Available status

Posted 12-04-2019 11:53
    I would also add to Mark's caution that you need to consider server reboots and ensuring that everything is set correctly afterwards...

• 5.  RE: How to deliver an Interaction only to a specific Available status

Posted 12-12-2019 10:40
    Thans Paul and Mark for the suggestions.
    I tried using the workgroup activation/deactivation but that turned out to be too complicated as there are so many workgrous in our environment that I needed to cater for.
    I then tried the category solution and it seem to be working fine now, still testing.
    Two steps I did;
    - New custom handler that monitors agent status and assigns/removed category based on specific status
    - CustomACDProcessCategories handler changed to add category to specific types of interactions

Regards
    Vineet

Vineet Kakroo
    FIL Investment Management Ltd

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources