PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  MRCP ASR server error

Posted 10-31-2019 05:19
    Hello All,

We currently run out MRCP ASR Server alongwith Nuance Recognizer / Volulizer on Windows 2008 Server.
    As Win 2008 is EOL, we are now moving to Win 2012-R2 as recomended by Genesys support.

I have raised a ticket to Genesys support for this but while I wait for them to get back, I am hoping someone can help me here.

I have installed Nuance software and then MRCP as per the KB mentioned by support.

After install, when I start MRCP server, any version up-to 2019-R2, the server seems to be running on windows services but when I check the logs, there is an error. If I install 2019-R3, this does not even start on windows services and crashes (this is not a concern at this time).
    Looking at logs, I get the below errors when the MRCP server starts. It seems the server is not able to talk to itself from different ports to 5060. I even added a local firewall rule to allow all ports to talk to all ports for both TCP & UDP, but does not seem to make any difference. I am not sure if I am missing anything on the server itself that needs to be enabled to allow this to work. The below is even before I setup the MRCP server to connect to the CIC Notifier server.

i3inet::impl::ClientTransaction::on_failure() : failure at step #2:
    ErrorCode: error.i3inet.transport.tcp.connectionFailure
    Description: No viable connection for <TCP/xx.xx.xxx.xxx:49152-65535/127.0.0.1:5060(localhost:5060)/QoS.DSCP=-1>
    Hostname: AAAAAAAAAA
    Function: i3inet::impl::TcpTransportConnector::on_connect_complete()
    File(Line): //core/2017r4_p00/int/src/i3inet/transport_manager.cpp#1(352)
    Parameters: 'transport' => "<TCP/xx.xx.xxx.xxx:49152-65535/127.0.0.1:5060(localhost:5060)/QoS.DSCP=-1>"
    Nested:
    ErrorCode: error.errno.1225
    Description: The remote computer refused the network connection.
    Function: i3inet::impl::TCPConnectionGuts::on_connect_complete()
    File(Line): //core/2017r4_p00/int/src/i3inet/connection_tcp.cpp#1(177)
    Parameters: 'errno' => "1225"

MrcpApp::trace_sip_options_capabilities() : The MRCP server is not responding to SIP OPTIONS requests. Verify that the MRCP server is running and the SIP settings are configured correctly. Afterwards, this service may need to be restarted before it can be used by any IC servers.

MrcpPort::open_port() : Error sending SIP Invite request.
    ErrorCode: error.i3sip.transport
    Description: Transport layer failure
    Parameters:
    Nested:
    Description: No viable connection for <TCP/xx.xx.xxx.xxx:49152-65535/127.0.0.1:5060(localhost:5060)/QoS.DSCP=-1>
    Parameters: 'transport' => "<TCP/xx.xx.xxx.xxx:49152-65535/127.0.0.1:5060(localhost:5060)/QoS.DSCP=-1>"
    Nested:
    Parameters: 'errno' => "1225"

MrcpApp::Initialize() : Error while attempting to test capabilities of MRCP server: Event='error.com.inin.reco.asr', Message="Error sending SIP Invite request.
    ErrorCode: error.i3sip.transport
    Description: Transport layer failure
    Hostname: UKFIL8949WIN
    Parameters:
    Nested:
    Nested:
    Parameters: 'errno' => "1225""

Regards
    Vineet
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Vineet Kakroo
    FIL Investment Management Ltd

• 2.  RE: MRCP ASR server error

Posted 10-31-2019 09:57
    Vineet,

It's been forever since I installed the Nuance ASR product but I think your problem is that the Nuance piece is not running, or if it is running its not listening for MRCP requests. Review the Nuance install documents and there should be reference to the watchdog service which you should be able to open in a browser to show the status of the different Nuance components. I'm betting the configuration file is going to need to be tweaked a bit to make this work. Sorry I can't be more help but its been a long time since I looked at this.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk. If my comment helped you or solved your problem please consider marking my comment as best answer.

• 3.  RE: MRCP ASR server error

Posted 10-31-2019 10:04
    Thanks Mark.
    Yes I am looking at logs but there is nothing much I can see.
    I have now uninstalled all the applications, Nuance & MRCP and am in the process of reinstalling it again, just to ensure I did not mess it up last time.

Regards

Vineet Kakroo

• 4.  RE: MRCP ASR server error

Posted 10-31-2019 10:48
    Vineet,

Do you have any other Nuance software running on the server, maybe the Nuance TTS engine. I know there is a very specific set of steps you need to take when you have multiple pieces of Nuance software installed.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk. If my comment helped you or solved your problem please consider marking my comment as best answer.

• 5.  RE: MRCP ASR server error

Posted 10-31-2019 11:45
    Hi Mark,

Yes i have other Nuance products on the same server and i am following the steps as per the KB article given by Nuance/Genesys.

Regards

Vineet Kakroo

• 6.  RE: MRCP ASR server error

Posted 11-01-2019 13:42
    Hi Vineet,

Do you have the ININ ASR MRSP service set to delay start?  That is Something that got me the first time i installed Nuance and Genesys ASR software. It seems you have to make sure the Nuance Services start first then have the ININ ASR MRCP service start .

Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

• 7.  RE: MRCP ASR server error

GENESYS
    Posted 11-13-2019 11:58
    Hi Vineet,

Thanks for posting your question and providing thorough details. In the most recent episode of the PureConnect Q&A Show, our experts discuss it. Check it out here!

Cole Callahan
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Coordinator

• 8.  RE: MRCP ASR server error

Posted 11-13-2019 15:16
    Thanks everyone for there valued inputs.
    Yes it was tough getting it setup and in the end with some excellent help from Genesys Support Engineer, we managed to setup the new environment. I have just listened to the Q&A show and will check the testlab as per Brian's comments.

The issue I encountered was with the number of licesces were not correct on the config files based on how many license we had for the environment. The KB articles does mention about the license but does not mention how to check the number of lincese ports. I had no idead how to check that and was helped by the Genesys Engineer. It would be easy if this was also mentioned in existing KB articles.

Also as Scott mentioned, MRCP needs to start last after the Nuance services start-up because otherwise MRCP does not work.

The last issue I encountered was a local server issue where the MRCP server was not loading Grammar and it turned out to be an issue with the MRCP server not able to reach the VXML server. It turned out this was blocked on our network for some reason and as soon as this was fixed, it Worked !

Thanks again for help.

Regards

Vineet Kakroo

• 9.  RE: MRCP ASR server error

Posted 12-03-2019 12:02
    Hi Vinnet,

I have the same problem. What configuration did you change? You're right, I don't know how to look at the number of ports related to my license, how did you do it?

Thanks in advance

Laura Torres
    Team Vision S. A.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources