PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Will CIC 2019 R3 be released next week?

Posted 08-15-2019 06:07
    Hello to all,
    I know that there could not be any commitment, but considering regular 3 month release cycle, can we expect that next week CIC 2019 R3 will be available for download?
    The reason I'm asking is of course "PureConnect Maintenance and Support Cycle" because we need to install the new version atcustomer site, and they are willing to wait for another week. So if it will be released and we wait for one week will get another 3 months of included support, but we can't wait more due to agreed milestones. So it's not that we are aiming for specific New Feature, bur rather to have longer support period.

Is there anyone from Genesys that may comment on this (or anyone else with information). I know that there are no guarantees and confirmation on this, but if this follows regular cycles this should be the case. Of course, if anyone knows that it will be slightly postponed due to a summer vacations, that is valuable information as well, so that we know not to wait for it.

Thanks anyone for the comment
    #Roadmap/NewFeatures

------------------------------
    Раско Радојевић
    Rasko Radojevic

• 2.  RE: Will CIC 2019 R3 be released next week?

Posted 08-15-2019 11:11
    Rasko,

Its been my experience you don't really want to deploy GA versions of CIC. There always seems to be quirks and large bugs in the initial release. I normally wait until about patch 5 or so and then look to see what sort of issues are being fixed. If there are still major type bugs being fixed I hold off for a few more P releases, otherwise I would then consider installing the R release.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 3.  RE: Will CIC 2019 R3 be released next week?

Posted 08-16-2019 05:35
    Hello Mark,
    thanks for the comment. Yes, I'm aware of the caveats of applying the GA, but it this case we are in favor of applying it. It's just matter now of release time and we could not wait longer than next week. I just hope that someone from Genesys team could confirm or decline it will be available next week.

And in case we get it I promise I will provide you some feedback if we face any problems or big issues

RASKO

Раско Радојевић
    Rasko Radojevic

• 4.  RE: Will CIC 2019 R3 be released next week?

Posted 08-16-2019 09:52
    Rasko,

I'm excited to see what new things show up in the new version and I look forward to your report should you end up installing it.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources