PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Whisper Tone Change

Posted 02-12-2020 03:35
    Hi Community,

I have a requirement, I have enabled the auto answer for incoming calls under user>acd>Optinos for acd calls. There is Whisper tone alert playing to the agent before connecting the call. I need to change that Whisper Tone with a file provided by customer.

Kindly need your advice on this how can i do this.

Regards
    #Handlers

------------------------------
    Mohammad

• 2.  RE: Whisper Tone Change

Posted 02-12-2020 09:35
    Take a look at the handler "AcdProcessEventCall".  In this handler, an attribute is taken in "Eic_CustomWhisperFile" which is evaluated to see if the file named exists, and if it is, it will be played by the alert toolstep for the call to the agent.  I'm not recommending you make any changes to this handler, as it is a base handler.  What I am recommending is that you look at setting this attribute in your callflow before the agent is alerted.

• 3.  RE: Whisper Tone Change

Posted 02-13-2020 01:34
    Hi Aaron,

Thanks a lot for your response, Yes i did find the handler and the tool as well but i am getting little hard time while configuring the Alert tone like how to configure the tool. 

Some how i have found that using the same attribute "Eic_CustomWhisperFile" in the attendant we can play whisper tone we want to play.

But still i want to know how to configure the Alert tool for knowledge. if any one assist me on this that would really appreciated. i have a lab environment to test.

Regards

Mohammad

• 4.  RE: Whisper Tone Change

Posted 02-17-2020 11:28
    Mohammad,

It's been a while since I used the node in Attendant but the Set Attribute node should do what you want. The attribute you would use is "Eic_CustomWhisperFile" and then the value will be the wav file to reference including the extension. For example CustomWhisper.wav. The system will look in the Resources folder for the wav file referenced in the attribute.

Thanks, 

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk. If my comment helped you or solved your problem please consider marking my comment as best answer.

• 5.  RE: Whisper Tone Change

Posted 02-18-2020 01:35
    HI  Mark,

Appreciate your response, Yes i have already done using the Set Attribute option which i posted in my previous update. Now my concern is how to configure the Alert tool in the Handler. 

It would be really helpful  if you can share the steps for the same.

Regards

Mohammad

• 6.  RE: Whisper Tone Change

Posted 02-18-2020 09:25
    Mohammad,

I am somewhat confused.What is it you wish to configure the Alert Tool to do?

My reading of the thread is that you want to change the whisper tone and that you have achieved this using the Set Attribute operation in Attendant, so I'm struggling to understand what additional requirement you have?

• 7.  RE: Whisper Tone Change

Posted 02-18-2020 09:37
    Hi Mohammad,

I am not sure why you are wanting to configure the Alert Tool Step for, you shouldn't want to touch anything in this handler. All it does is reference different Attributes on the call to determine what and how to play. So everything you want to change or play differently you will do by using the Set Attribute in Attendant or custom Handlers you have running prior to transferring to the Workgroup.

If you are just wanting it for your own knowledge to put in  a custom handler you are building i would first suggest taking Handler Training if you haven't already. While this won't go into detail on every tool-step, the course will give you  good foundation on handlers and comes in handy when trying to figure out how a toolstep works. The second is to use the Help button on the tool-step; this will tell you about each field you can configure, but the help is really only helpful if you have a good understanding of how handlers work, which is why the course is probably needed.

Thank you​

Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources