PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  How to change status while on hold

Posted 01-28-2020 11:41

Hello,
    Does anyone knows how to automatically change agent status while on hold (and revert it)? Via handler we were successful changing the status when the call is placed on hold but we are not able to revert it...
    Thanks!

#Handlers

------------------------------
    Diana B.

• 2.  RE: How to change status while on hold

Posted 01-29-2020 10:45
    I did this back in the day with a custom Button and handler.

The custom button was used to do the hold and set a status used for a timer and then click it again it verifies call state then removes the hold and based on that action changes the users status back.

I am sure you can hi jack the built in hold logic for this it, when i did it i just needed it for one group so just made them this custom hold button to call the handler to do it. SInce it was only like 20 agents out of 1,200 that needed it.

ryan hedlund
    Stericycle

• 3.  RE: How to change status while on hold

Posted 01-30-2020 10:39
    Diana,

To add what Ryan says every time I try to build a customization in handlers where I'm changing agent statuses based on events it always ends poorly. The reason for this is unfortunately there are too many variables to account for on possible end conditions to what I was trying to do that I could not account for every condition or if I could sometimes I just could not get the status to revert back. Every time I would do something like this it would go in for a few weeks/months but would ultimately be pulled out.

I think you would have better luck building a client plug in to do this or even a IceLIB/ICWS application to provide these services. Can I ask what the use case for this customization is, what are you trying to solve for? Perhaps there is another way to get what you want without changing statuses.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk. If my comment helped you or solved your problem please consider marking my comment as best answer.

• 4.  RE: How to change status while on hold

Posted 01-31-2020 11:47
    Hello! Thanks for your answer!
    A customer needs to issue an agent activity report that shows exactly what the agent is doing  by the second (thus we tought of using the states to reflect what they are doing: ACD call, manual outbound, on hold, break, etc)...
    We already manage to set up states when they enter in calls but we are having troubles with teh hold function (in the same line you mentioned)...
    We tried with the customized button and have the same issues...

Diana B.

• 5.  RE: How to change status while on hold

Posted 02-03-2020 09:55
    Diana,

I've had a couple of customers try something similar to what you are looking to do with status messages and in the end the customers never ended up using it due to numerous issues with the statuses not reflecting really what the agent was doing. Also since statuses can be changed manually by the agent there is always a high probability for the agents to get "smart" and change the status to pad their numbers.

Might I suggest you look into a WFM/RTA product. RTA (Or real time adherence) products are designed to monitor what agents are doing and report if they are doing the activities they should be doing as well as allow you to generate reports which show what an agent has done all day. Of course the requirement to catch when the agent has the caller on hold is a little bit deeper than my customers have done with their RTA products but I suspect the "big guys" of WFM/RTA can probably do this for you.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk. If my comment helped you or solved your problem please consider marking my comment as best answer.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources