PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Database Migration

Posted 07-24-2019 12:05
    Hello,

I posted the similar subject few weeks ago and have received good responses from the Genesys community. Thank you!

I have additional questions, but more specific.  

What tool can we use to migrate a database to a new CIC server but only keep last 3 years of data?
    Reason:  We neglected to turn on some of the reports logs auto purging and our database has become gigantic in size.  We would like to prune the database before migrating to the new 2019Rx CIC server and will start the auto purging

Will DBMigrationAssistant be able to do what I am asking above in 2019Rx?
    We are being informed that DBMigrationAssistant can only be used to migrate the database from CIC 3.0 to 4.0.

#Implementation

------------------------------
    Thank you,

-Sanjaya

• 2.  RE: Database Migration

Posted 10-26-2020 10:31
    we are also going through a similar situation, how you have done this?
    Regards,
    Santhosh koroth

Santhosh Koroth
    Cognizant Technology Solutions

• 3.  RE: Database Migration

Posted 10-28-2020 18:25
    Hi,
    I do not think there is an easy way, especially with large size of database and only want to keep few years worth of data.  We have contacted Genesys Support as well but no real solution but only theory.
    We ended up with building a brand new database but keep the old CIC and database for 6 months to retrieve recordings/other configuration then keep the database for additional times for historical data.  Importantly our method met the business requirements but for few months, we have to access two systems as needed.

-Sanjaya

Sanjaya

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources