PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  E-mail survivability Re-queuing

Posted 11-22-2019 10:05
    We are looking into using E-mail in Pureconnect and a question. If an e-mail is accidentally deleted in Pure-connect, how do you have the system re-pull that e-mail into queue? do you simply go into the mailbox and mark it as unread?
    #Integrations
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

• 2.  RE: E-mail survivability Re-queuing

Posted 11-22-2019 10:52
    Scott,

Marking the email as unread will not requeue the email. I don't know exactly what CIC does but it must be changing an attribute on the emails to keep track of the ones it has processed. How would someone accidentally delete an email? You may need to adjust rights so agents can't accidentally delete emails.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk. If my comment helped you or solved your problem please consider marking my comment as best answer.

• 3.  RE: E-mail survivability Re-queuing

Posted 11-22-2019 11:21
    I think we have a similar issue. I can get an email sent to an agent but if, for example, they simply disconnect the email and not action it, after 5 minutes the email disappears from the inbox. As they had made no reply to it the email is essentially lost. In this instance the email isnt deleted by an agent but they have actively just disconnected it and moved to the next email.

Tom Walters
    PRA Group UK Ltd

• 4.  RE: E-mail survivability Re-queuing

Posted 11-22-2019 12:04
    Tom,

This is very interesting that you point out the disappearing emails. I'm currently piloting something with my customer and I noticed that the emails were disappearing out of the inbox some time after the email was deallocated from the system. I tried to follow the email interaction through the handlers and couldn't figure out what handler is deleting the email. I now think this is not coming from handlers but from somewhere else in the system. I actually whipped up a quick handler that is called from CustomEmailDisconnect which moves the email from the inbox to another folder within the mailbox. I can confirm that emails moved with the handler stay in the other folder forever.

In theory doing something like this in your environment would allow you to recover the email but of course you would need to know exactly which one was accidentally deleted as there would be other emails in the folder which were actually processed. You could probably modify the disconnect logic to see if the email was actually answered and move the email to different folders depending on if an agent actually opened the email. Interesting enough if you move the email from a different folder within the mailbox then to the inbox CIC will reprocess the email so perhaps this is your "Solution" to your problem.

There is also something to be said about properly training the agents to not close out of emails. I know this is often easier to say than actually do. Sometimes we can get real crazy trying to code around agent behavior when it usually is best to put something in place such as coaching to change the agent behavior.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk. If my comment helped you or solved your problem please consider marking my comment as best answer.

• 5.  RE: E-mail survivability Re-queuing

Posted 11-22-2019 13:20
    Yes by deleting e-mail i meant disconnecting it without replying and how we can get it re-queued.

Right now we are doing our own version of E-mail, where we have them log into our website and fill out a form. This is dropped into a database where a custom handler pulls that information out and builds an e-mail interaction. Because we have this going through the database, we are able to track e-mails that were disconnected as we have an acknowledge column and a reply column.

We are looking to expand our business to use outside e-mails, but the limitation i was seeing was e-mails being disconnected without replying and re-queuing them.

Scott Williams

• 6.  RE: E-mail survivability Re-queuing

Posted 11-22-2019 16:56
    It's kind of like disconnecting any other interaction without properly actioning it. I'm uncertain how IC is supposed to know if the interaction was actioned, or not?

How do you deal with an agent just disconnecting a Phone Call, or a Web Chat? You may argue that it could check for a reply, but not all e-mails need (or deserve!) a reply, What if it is incoming SPAM, for example?

I would suggest that this is more about Agent training and possible could be addressed by recording and reviewing agent activity.....

• 7.  RE: E-mail survivability Re-queuing

Posted 11-25-2019 09:34
    I am not asking about a way to prevent it, mistakes happen.  what i am looking for is a way to recover it when that does happen. E-mail Communication has many Laws regulating response times, IE Illinois has a law that say we need to reply to any e-mail within 5 days. If an agent accidentally disconnects an e-mail, we need to have a way to recovery it.

Scott Williams

• 8.  RE: E-mail survivability Re-queuing

Posted 11-25-2019 10:16
    We use Salesforce and our users will set the Salesforce case back to New Status and it will generate a new interaction.

Brad Goff
    Palo Alto Networks, Inc.

• 9.  RE: E-mail survivability Re-queuing

Posted 11-27-2019 09:35
    Scott,

What is your criteria for an email which is disconnected? Also have you done the basics to lock down agents rights so they can't directly interact with items in queue. I would assume a simple customization to CustomEmailDisconnect would allow you to catch these types of emails (Off the top of my head I would say looking at Eic_LastConnectedAgent to see if the value is blank chances are someone deleted the email from queue) and if the email matches the criteria you create a copy and add it back to the inbox. Obviously no matter what you try here is not "bulletproof" and chances are agents will still continue to find ways to "break" this and get emails to be disconnected and lost.

I've done plenty of customizations over the years like this where I go crazy trying to catch all these exceptions, in the end usually the entire customization is scraped. However there has been a tiny number of customizations that do work, or work enough to catch 98%, that do get deployed so I do always suggest at least trying to solve for something like this.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

• 10.  RE: E-mail survivability Re-queuing

Posted 11-25-2019 22:38
    I have faced this issue, it seems pureconnect pulls emails once actioned from the mailbox, the way I dealt with was had created two mailboxes one to be monitored by CIC and the other to hold a duplicate copy of any mail coming to the main mailbox (CIC monitored Mailbox).incases of any deletion I can go and use the duplicate one. Can be done using exchange or making a rule in outlook.

Regards 
    Reeshan

Mohamed Reeshan Abdeen
    Cloud Solutions for Telecommunications and Information Technology

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources