PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  transfer to extension based on attribute

Posted 07-16-2019 13:24
    We are currently in the middle of switching from a different phone system to pureconnect and we will be moving half of our users over to pureconnect soon and i am trying to get our attendant profiles working correctly.

The issue i am having is in our main attendant menu i am trying to get extension dialing to work correctly. Ive used caller data entry and to save the number to the attribute Eic_AttDynamicExternalNumber so i can use the external transfer to transfer off to the other system using a logical transfer because the olf numbers are 3 digits. The issue is getting it to transfer to local pureconnect users. I dont see a way to transfer to an internal extension using an attribute.
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Jason Martin
    MacNeil Automotive Products Ltd

• 2.  RE: transfer to extension based on attribute

Posted 07-16-2019 15:32
    If it were me, I would create all the extensions on the other system as Remote Stations in PureConnect. Then you can use the built-in extension dialing functionality in Attendant.

• 3.  RE: transfer to extension based on attribute

Posted 07-16-2019 16:01
    Can you expand on this idea? I tried creating a remote station but it doesnt seem to have an extension so im not sure how this works.

thank you,

Jason Martin

• 4.  RE: transfer to extension based on attribute

Posted 07-16-2019 19:42
    Depending on your use case, you can try to catch this all within Attendant. "Easiest" is to create / modify handlers to check a dialplan and route calls accordingly internal. If there's no match (so you know you don't have the user local on PureConnect yet) you can default back to your existing functionality within the Attendant.

At 3Fiftynine impossible is just a challenge

We provide kick-ass products on top of Genesys platforms

• 5.  RE: transfer to extension based on attribute

Posted 07-17-2019 14:56
    We have the dialplan set so that 3 digit numbers go to the remote system and 4 digit go to internal extensions, but when i try to send a 4 digit extension using the external transfer it doesnt transfer to the extension it just hangs up.

It seems to me like there should be a simple way to transfer to an extension in attendant and that it should have an option to do it from an attribute.

Jason Martin

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources