PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Linking Callback Interactions to Inbound/Outbound Calls

Posted 08-26-2020 10:26
    At this time, it appears that there is no native capability to link a callback interaction to either the inbound call that generated it, or to the outbound call as the result of the callback request.

I'm looking for any and all feedback on how some of you may have found solutions to resolve for this.  As of now, the lack of ability to link these related interactions creates challenges from both a reporting and QA aspect.

Thanks in advance!
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #Handlers
    #PlatformAdministration
    #Reporting/Analytics
    #Roadmap/NewFeatures

------------------------------
    Barry Farrington
    PureConnect Cloud Administrator
    FedPoint
    fedpointusa.com

• 2.  RE: Linking Callback Interactions to Inbound/Outbound Calls

Posted 08-26-2020 10:37
    Edited by Dieter Wijnen 08-26-2020 10:38
    Hello Barry,

We solved this by creating a customization which involves some handlers and a SQL table.
    We can log the following:
    - Relation between an inbound call and a callback.
    - Relation between an outbound call placed as a result of a callback requested by a customer.

We can see all relations starting from the inbound call which resulted into a callback, and all the outbound calls placed as a result of that callback.

Kind regards,

Dieter

Dieter Wijnen
    Telenet BVBA

• 3.  RE: Linking Callback Interactions to Inbound/Outbound Calls

Posted 08-26-2020 10:50
    Since you're creating the callback, you can put in your own logic to copy attributes from the original interaction to the callback interaction via handlers.  If needed, you can log these in the custom attributes table for later user in the database.

I understand that this isn't "out of the box" functionality, but it is present in handlers.

As for connecting the callback to the outbound call placed, Eic_CallbackAssociatedCallId is the system attribute for this.  You can see it's definition in the Attributes TR document.  We automatically place the outbound call on the agent's station when the callback is assigned to them, as well through handlers.

AARON LAEL
    State of Utah

• 4.  RE: Linking Callback Interactions to Inbound/Outbound Calls

Posted 08-26-2020 16:33
    I did confirm that we can identify these attributes in the SQL tables and we're currently writing logical queries that can extrapolate this data.  As a next step, I would like to have the attributes cross-written to the respective call ID logs, so that an ICBM user with tracker access could look these up and see the IDs linked together.

Do you happen to know which system handlers current handle these attributes?

Barry Farrington
    PureConnect Cloud Administrator
    FedPoint
    fedpointusa.com

• 5.  RE: Linking Callback Interactions to Inbound/Outbound Calls

Posted 08-27-2020 04:57
    Hi Barry,

Since I was doing exactly this yesterday for a customer :), I can tell you that you can use the custom handler "CustomIntAttRequestCallbackPostCreate"

In there you will get both Interaction1 and Interaction2 and all the attributes that go with them.  And you can cross write anything you need I believe.

Egill Palsson
    Advania Sverige AB

• 6.  RE: Linking Callback Interactions to Inbound/Outbound Calls

Posted 08-27-2020 10:16
    Aaron,
    The documentation for Eic_CallbackAssociatedCallId states: "This attribute is set by Interaction Web Tools to the Call ID of the last call made as a result of a Callback"    Is this attribute populated for CallBacks generated from Inbound Attendant generated CallBacks?

Pete Schroeder
    American Customer Care, Inc
    pschroeder@accare.com

• 7.  RE: Linking Callback Interactions to Inbound/Outbound Calls

Posted 08-27-2020 10:45
    Hey Pete,

Seems that this attribute is indeed populated for callbacks created by the Attendant. Just did a small test and I can see in the notifier logs the attribute being populated.

Dieter Wijnen
    Telenet BVBA

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources