PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Increase the priority of the Email interaction at regular interval of time

• 1.  Increase the priority of the Email interaction at regular interval of time

Posted 11-26-2019 08:18
    Hi team,

we have requirement to increase the priority of the email interaction at regular interval of time if not answered by the agent,
    I have achieved this by customizing the "CustomAcdEmailHolding" handler.But the problem here is i used the sleep tool to sleep for say 12 hours at first and bump up the priority and again used the sleep tool to sleep for 24 hours and bump up the priority to next level.
    This approach is not suitable in production as handler will pause for 12 hours, 24 hours, 36 hours like that. can anyone please help with me with the  best way to achieve this?

Regards
    Halesha sn
    #Handlers

------------------------------
    Halesha Nagarajappa
    Accenture India

• 2.  RE: Increase the priority of the Email interaction at regular interval of time

Posted 12-02-2019 11:35
    Hi Halesha,

Your best bet would probably be to use Custom ACD and then alter the weightings. I would be inclined to mess with the interval and weight for the time in Queue, rather than playing with Priority. (The end result should be the same, but this way, once the interaction is in the queue, ACD will just handle it for you.)

• 3.  RE: Increase the priority of the Email interaction at regular interval of time

Posted 12-02-2019 12:20

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the repose. I have achieved  the below requirement using queue-timeout. I am setting the queue timeout to 12 hours when I initiate the ACD processing and when this time out occurs , I am catching the interaction at the CustomQueueTimeOut handler and bumping the priory and setting the next time out value and again initiating the ACD processing on the same queue . Like this I am looping until I achieve desired  Priority  of the interaction at a regular interval of time. Do you see any issue with solution?

Regards,

Halesha sn

accenture

Capability network|Customer & Channel

Phone:+91 9743192422

E-mail: Halesha.sanningappal@accenture.com

This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise confidential information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of the e-mail by you is prohibited. Where allowed by local law, electronic communications with Accenture and its affiliates, including e-mail and instant messaging (including content), may be scanned by our systems for the purposes of information security and assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy. Your privacy is important to us. Accenture uses your personal data only in compliance with data protection laws. For further information on how Accenture processes your personal data, please see our privacy statement at https://www.accenture.com/us-en/privacy-policy.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________

www.accenture.com

• 4.  RE: Increase the priority of the Email interaction at regular interval of time

Posted 12-02-2019 12:57
    Actually, I am somewhat confused as to why you need to do any of this?

I am going to verify on a test system, but as far as I am aware, you are duplicating functionality already present and, depending on exactly what you mean by "the next level" may actually be having the opposite effect to the one you desire!

Is the queue shared between Calls and E-mails, or is it E-Mail only? If E-Mail only, are the agents logged in to multiple queues handling multiple media types?

I can guess the answer to the next question, but would like you to verify. What problem, exactly, are you trying to solve?

• 5.  RE: Increase the priority of the Email interaction at regular interval of time

Posted 12-02-2019 21:59
    hi Paul,

Here is the answer to your questions and why i am trying to do this.
    Yes. we have separate the custom work groups for email and calls but agents are shared between these groups. Purpose of routing calls and emails only based on the priority is to have real interaction answered first and provide the non real time interaction to agent only when there are no calls in the queue.Since we dont  want email to get stuck in queue in as they have less priority than calls , we are slowly increasing the priority and bringing priority level that of calls so that they can get answered before their SLA breached 
    And also please note that ,we are setting the weight for time in queue to zero in both calls work group and email workgroup, so it doesn't increase the interaction score based on the time spent in queue and should route only based on the priority how we increase. 

Regards
    Halesha sn

Halesha Nagarajappa
    Accenture India

• 6.  RE: Increase the priority of the Email interaction at regular interval of time

Posted 12-04-2019 11:50
    OK,

So what you are actually doing is replicating the "time in queue" part of the calculation!

Obviously, I don't know what change you are making to the Priority every 12 hours, but let's say it's increasing by 10.

If you use Custom ACD and set the Queue time interval to 43200 (number of seconds in 12 hours) and the weight to 10, or the interval to 4320 and the weight to 1 (which would add a total of 10 every 12 hours, but gradually) the you would achieve the same effect as setting the time in queue weight to 0 and then increasing the priority by 10 every 12 hours.

In addition, since the interaction will remain in the queue, your reports will be correct. Using your current system, emails never stay in the queue for more than 12 hours, so your reports will all be wrong.

HTH

• 7.  RE: Increase the priority of the Email interaction at regular interval of time

Posted 12-05-2019 05:19
    Hi Paul,

I cant use the" time in queue" part as interval at which I increase the priority is dynamic for each interaction based on some condition.
    And reading reports, I checked the queue summary report, I dont  see any difference over their, as i am not taking the interaction out of the queue.
    Could please tell me how reports will be wrong with my approach?

Regards
    Halesha sn

Halesha Nagarajappa
    Accenture India

• 8.  RE: Increase the priority of the Email interaction at regular interval of time

Posted 12-06-2019 12:09
    Halesha,

Perhaps if you could provide us with a higher-level overview of what you are trying to achieve, we could be of more help. We are doing our best to provide you with ways forward, but you keep throwing additional requirements at us!

For example, you mention "some condition". Is this pre-known, or does that condition change as time progresses?

If you are using the queue timeout and then re-queuing the interaction, then as far as I am aware, the time in queue is reset. This means that any reports that give information on how long an interaction waited in the queue will be wrong. I would need to dig into specific cases to see if and how the effect manifests itself but, in general, it's not a good idea to re-queue interactions for this reason.

So far, it does seem to be increadably complicated and I'm wondering if that compexity is actually needed? I often see folks asking questions like this one, but we discover on full analysis that the percieved requirement does ot actually exist, when you take into account both the functionality of PureConnect and the real-world conditions. Regularly, this comes about due to an existing system being replaced that didn't benefit from the power of PureConnect and so there is an attempt to migrate all the existing work-arounds and customizations over.

• 9.  RE: Increase the priority of the Email interaction at regular interval of time

Posted 12-02-2019 16:50
    Halesha,

OK, I set up some tests just to make sure I was correct. I am...

Lets assume for a moment that there are no skills involved (which for the purposes of this discussion, would only complicate the calculation without affecting the outcome.)

If there are multiple interactions waiting in the queue and an Agent becomes available, then the ACD engine will choose the most appropriate interaction to give to that agent. Using default values, that calculation will be the Priority plus the number of multiples of 30 seconds that the interaction has been waiting in the queue.

So, the interaction that has been waiting the longest (assuming everything else is equal) will be the one that is selected.

No, let us consider an interaction that has been waiting for 12 hours (usuing your example). The default priority is 50, so it will have a score of 50 + 12 * 60 * 2 = 1490. If you change it's priority at 12 hours, even to the maximum of 100, and re-queue it, then it's score will be 100, since it's time in queue will be reset. 1 minute later it will be 102 and so on. In other words, an interaction that has been waiting for 11 hours will be selected ahaead of the one you bumped up the priority on!

I am assuming that you have an issue with emails waiting for extended periods and are trying to push them forward every 12 hours? If so, then actually leaving the ACD engine to do its thing is doing exactly that.

If you want / need to, you can set the Queue type to "Custom" and then use the CustomIVRWorkgroupQueueEmail customization point to change the default weightings. (For example, you may want the score to increase more rapidly with time.)

Of course, if I am misunderstanding the problem you are trying to solve, then please clarify and I will try to help further.

• 10.  RE: Increase the priority of the Email interaction at regular interval of time

Posted 12-03-2019 16:45
    FYI priority takes much bigger numbers than 100.

Tarquin Bell
    Precision Administration Services (Pty) Ltd

• 11.  RE: Increase the priority of the Email interaction at regular interval of time

Posted 12-04-2019 11:45
    Thanks for the update, I was ot aware of that (actually, I have never tried!)

Do you happen to know if there is a maximum and, if so, what it is?

• 12.  RE: Increase the priority of the Email interaction at regular interval of time

Posted 12-04-2019 22:19
    Paul we have items with priorities of 1,000,000 +

Tarquin Bell
    Precision Administration Services (Pty) Ltd

• 13.  RE: Increase the priority of the Email interaction at regular interval of time

Posted 12-05-2019 10:01
    Thanks, Tarquin.

Wow! I'd love to see the reasoning behind that. Interesting to hear that you've had success with that kind of range :-)

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources