Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  SSL/TLS with IMAP server

Posted 06-04-2021 03:33
    #MailIntegration
    #install
    #IMAP
    #Security

Hello,

I'm struggling with SSL/TLS and IMAP server. Tried to install certificates with commands bellow but have no success. After executing test in IA->System.Conf->Mail->Attendand Mailboxes->imap account->Test, in testing window there is error: 
    //

//
    Before that I executed a couple of commands to get certificates from IMAP server.
    E:\I3\IC\Server>ssl_app-w32r-21-2.exe s_client -showcerts -connect imap.server:993
    WARNING: can't open config file: /usr/local/ssl/openssl.cnf

E:\I3\IC\Server>ssl_app-w32r-21-2.exe x509 -in E:\I3\IC\Certificates\Email\cer2.cer -out E:\I3\IC\Certificates\Email\temp2.cer -trustout

E:\I3\IC\Server>ssl_app-w32r-21-2.exe x509 -in E:\I3\IC\Certificates\Email\cer1.cer -out E:\I3\IC\Certificates\Email\temp1.cer -trustout

E:\I3\IC\Server>ssl_app-w32r-21-2.exe x509 -in E:\I3\IC\Certificates\Email\temp1.cer -hash -noout
    d761ef89

E:\I3\IC\Server>ssl_app-w32r-21-2.exe x509 -in E:\I3\IC\Certificates\Email\temp2.cer -hash -noout

then renamed temp1.cer and temp2.cer with corresponding hash names.

So files in certificates folder for email looks:

But after above test there is error in imapconnector log

CI3MailIMAPTransport::CheckCommand() : received error:Failure in TLS handshake - os-error code:0

CI3MailIMAPTransport::CheckCommand() : Throwing exception:IMAP_API_ERROR: CI3MailIMAPTransport::CheckCommand - command (ConnectTLS) failed to execute. [d:\builds\eic_2021r2_p01\products\eic\src\UMMessaging\CI3MailIMAPTransport.cpp:227]
    Error (10):TLS Handshake Error

Please can you share your knowledge about configuring SSL/TLS with IMAP and CIC? Is there anything what I missed to configure in CIC?

Thank you very much for help, hints and advice

Best regards

Pavel​​​​
    #Integrations
    #Security
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Pavel Broska
    Alcasys Slovakia a.s
    ------------------------------

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources