PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  UDL Dialer Oracle

Posted 08-22-2019 05:51
    Hi Team,

While running dialer Udl file from the dialer server we are  getting the error
     As for the Genesys Document 

If you use Microsoft SQL Server, select Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server.

If you use Oracle, select Oracle Provider for OLE DB.  DO NOT select Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle.  Oracle Provider for OLE DB is listed only if the Oracle Client is installed.   can any help me in dialer I need to install any client software? Please let  me know if anyone having an idea on this case

I didn't find any Oracle Provider for OLE DB in provider tab
    Pure connect
    This is the error we are getting 
    Pureconnect
     for CIC Server, its connect from dialer only it's not done.
    Pure connect

#Implementation

------------------------------
    Naveen Sunkara
    Customer Experience Lab

• 2.  RE: UDL Dialer Oracle

Posted 08-23-2019 09:46
    Naveen,

Its been a really long time since I did anything with Oracle but if I remember correctly you need to ask the Oracle DBAs for the client side installer for windows. They should give you the installation package for the version of Oracle that is running and once it's installed you will see the Oracle provider for OLE DB.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 3.  RE: UDL Dialer Oracle

Posted 09-04-2019 06:05
    Hi Mark Tatera,

I am very thankful for your reply. Mark Tatara

From client-side, from the DB perspective post installing the ODBMS, they only provided the container details and the tnsname.ora file. So please let me know from where we can download the Oracle provider for OLE DB. for UDL file. and help me. I believe, This needs to be installed in the dialer server (CCS). So, what are the prerequisites needed before installing  Oracle provider for OLE DB?  And u can see the screenshot my previous message regarding UDL file Oracle provider for OLE DB. This is not showing in UDL file, so please help me in this. if it is possible please provide the steps. to connect the oracle UDL file to oracle database.

Naveen Sunkara
    Customer Experience Lab

• 4.  RE: UDL Dialer Oracle

Posted 09-04-2019 11:39
    Naveen,

Please review the following document paying special attention to pages 13-17. The guide will explain what you need to do to install the CCS server and configure the system to work with Oracle. You may need to talk to your Oracle DBAs to get a copy of the Oracle client software, otherwise it looks like Oracle makes all the client software available on their webpage but you should probably run the installers past your DBAs.

https://help.genesys.com/cic/mergedProjects/wh_dlr/desktop/dlr_pdfs/dialer_icg.pdf
    https://www.oracle.com/database/technologies/instant-client/downloads.html

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 5.  RE: UDL Dialer Oracle

Posted 10-12-2020 09:57
      |   view attached
    Hello Naveen,

Can you please update the case with the solution whihc helped you to resolve this case

As currently i am facing same error where customer has 12 64 bit database and  I installed 12c client 32 bit but couldnt not open UDL file using the command 

I right click on the created UDL file i find the Oracle provider for OLE DB  and when i select i get error "Provider is no longer available and ensure that the provider is installed properly "

The UDL file works after installing oracle client 12c 64 bit but dialer ods doesnot load

Look forward for your inputs

Reagrds

MM

• 6.  RE: UDL Dialer Oracle

Posted 10-12-2020 10:35
    Hello  Mirza,

Please find the below  details 

Note: before connecting the Dialer to the Database we need to install an oracle client in the Dialer server and need to copy the TNS.ora file to a specific location and also we have to install native client 2008 r2 as well.

Open Notepad with run as administrator.

image.png

Then save as OraclePRO.UDL as we have shown below.  
    image.png

Then we need to open the OraclePRO.UDL file with the help of the cmd as we have shown below

C:\windows\system\syswow64\rundll32.exe "C:\Program Files(x86)\common File\System\Oledb32.dll"OpenDSLfile D:\I3\Ic\Server\OraclePRO.UDL run this Command in command Prompt 

image.png

Then UDL will open now  select the Oracle Provider for OLE DB from Provider then click next  

image.png

Then add Oracle Datasorce :XXXXX as we have shown below for your reference.

image.png
    After adding all details just click on test connection we will get this popup as shown below.

image.png

Interaction administrator dialer connection 

image.png

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources