PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Interaction Dialer - System Hangup Calls

Posted 11-11-2018 05:33
    Hello Community,

We're using Interaction Dialer 2018R3 with power dialing mode and skill-based dialing. We have one user per each skill.
    I noticed by end of the day there's a high percentage of system hangup calls (Around 5%). While I investigate this from Dialer, ACD and Notifier logs. I found @ dialer logs system hangup call due to no agent available with required skill. Checking ACD logs, I found agent due time for a scheduled callback is matched and his status changed from "Available" to "Awaiting Callback" while there's still an active call (in dialing status) for this skill. Suddenly call initiated by dialer get answered and the agent wasn't active for ACD calls due to his status was "Awaiting Callback" and this call will be hanged up by the system as abandoned after 10 seconds.

What I believe is Dialer change agent status to "Awaiting Callback" when scheduled callback due time matched without checking if there is any call the already initiated for the same skill.

Is there any configuration should be marked/checked to make sure dialer won't change user status to "Awaiting Callback" when schedule callback time due unless any active call for same skill ends?

Any advice is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
    #Outbound

------------------------------
    Youssef Atef
    Advanced Technology Solutions Int

• 2.  RE: Interaction Dialer - System Hangup Calls

Posted 03-14-2020 11:31
    Hello Yousef,

Did you find a solution for this 

Thanks 
    Mahmoud

Mahmoud Kamal
    IST Integration Services And Technologies Co.

• 3.  RE: Interaction Dialer - System Hangup Calls

Posted 03-14-2020 14:42
    Youssef,

I'm curious. Is this a test setup or a production campaign? You say you only have one agent per skill, which isn't quite how it's supposed to work! Certainly, if you are in that position, then I would advise against using Predictive or Power dialing and instead use Preview dialing (possibly with a timer set to make the call happen immediately) or using a pre-call policy to make the calls Precisely dialed (which more or less amounts to the same thing.)

Let us know if this helps.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources