View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Interaction Connect Pain points

• 1.  Interaction Connect Pain points

GENESYS
    Posted 04-07-2020 09:51
    Hi PureConnect Customers,

We at Genesys are committed to solving customer problems. One area which we understand that we have some gaps is Interaction Connect. Not all the features are available from Interaction Desktop over to Interaction Connect. I am the Product Manager for Interaction Connect and in order to close the gaps I seek your inputs. 
    I need you to provide us with your top 5 pain points or issues that you see with Interaction Connect and want us to resolve.

You can send your points in priority order over to my email id: Bishay.Bishesh@genesys.com
    #Roadmap/NewFeatures

------------------------------
    Bishay Bishesh
    Genesys - Employees

• 2.  RE: Interaction Connect Pain points

GENESYS
    Posted 04-08-2020 09:30
    Bishay! Good to hear from you.

Is it still true that eventually Interaction Connect will become the "One App To Rule Them All"?  At one time I had thought eventually in PureConnect there would only be the Interaction Connect app, and depending on permissions a user would be able to see certain things pertaining to Agent, Supervisor, or Administration functions.  Is that true?

• 3.  RE: Interaction Connect Pain points

GENESYS
    Posted 04-08-2020 09:43
    Hi Trent,

That is what we wish to do. But that's not straight forward. Our current aim is to make Interaction Connect the UI for agent experience. We will eventually get all other capabilities like supervisor and admin in Connect but not in immediate future. That is why I want to make it clear we have no plans to EoL Interaction Desktop or ICBM in near future.

Bishay Bishesh
    Genesys - Employees

• 4.  RE: Interaction Connect Pain points

Posted 04-08-2020 11:11
    Hi Bishay - as a direct-to-PCC client, I would assume that you would also want feedback from clients who have only been on IC?

Barry Farrington
    PureConnect Administrator
    Long Term Care Partners, LLC

• 5.  RE: Interaction Connect Pain points

GENESYS
    Posted 04-08-2020 11:15
    Yes, please. Thanks for asking :)

Bishay Bishesh
    Genesys - Employees

• 6.  RE: Interaction Connect Pain points

Posted 04-08-2020 11:37
    One other question - is there a end date by which you need to have the information gathered?

Barry Farrington
    PureConnect Administrator
    Long Term Care Partners, LLC

• 7.  RE: Interaction Connect Pain points

GENESYS
    Posted 04-08-2020 11:41
    Haven't decided on that. This should be active until I have sufficient feedback.

Bishay Bishesh
    Genesys - Employees

• 8.  RE: Interaction Connect Pain points

Posted 04-08-2020 11:49
    Hi Bishay,

Two "features" that regularly crop up in class, that are present in Desktop, but not Connect, are Configuration Templates and Client Templates. Mahy students would like to see these ported over.

I know that the last time this question as asked, I made some enquires and was told that these were on the roadmap, but I was wondering if you are able to comment?

• 9.  RE: Interaction Connect Pain points

Posted 04-08-2020 12:19
    This feature was on roadmap but I don't know exactly release date. It should be before Tracker in Connect (customer journey). It will be nice to have it by default. Another feature is auto-change status when logoff or on screen blocked - it is not possible to achieve native -  without any addins for chrome. 

Sometimes agens says that they see that they Connect is freezed - they can close window to hibernate it.

Rafal Gaworski
    Telefonix Sp. Z o.o

• 10.  RE: Interaction Connect Pain points

GENESYS
    Posted 04-08-2020 12:55
    We have noted Auto status change in our wish list, thanks!

Bishay Bishesh
    Genesys - Employees

• 11.  RE: Interaction Connect Pain points

GENESYS
    Posted 04-08-2020 12:51
    Edited by Bishay Bishesh 04-08-2020 13:09
    Client Templates is now work in progress and a Dev team is working on it. It's coming soon, yey!!

Part of configuration template functionalities is already in Connect but not available via templates. Noted.

Bishay Bishesh
    Genesys - Employees

• 12.  RE: Interaction Connect Pain points

Posted 04-09-2020 09:27
    We have some customers using Interaction Connect with Softphones.  Some agents forget to start the softphone and are attempting to receive calls without the phone being provisioned (they cannot pick up the call).  It would be nice if IC could display a message to the agent that their phone/station is not provisioned when logging in or when they are in Available state with a possibility to receive an interaction of type "Call".

Thank you

Marc-Andre

• 13.  RE: Interaction Connect Pain points

Posted 04-09-2020 17:28
    Hello,

The client template that has already been identified is much needed.  Being able to sort on the directory by status or other columns besides the first 4 displayed left to right would be helpful to all users.  

It is great to know there are improvements on the way!

Thank you,
    Tina

Tina Yocum
    NorthWestern Corporation

• 14.  RE: Interaction Connect Pain points

GENESYS
    Posted 04-23-2020 10:08
    I was working on this with our IP team who I think you are in contact with, Bishay.  But a document that I keep an eye on that may help here, as well as others if they are unaware, is the Client Comparison Doc.

https://help.genesys.com/cic/desktop/pdfs/client_comparison_qr.pdf

It was last updated for 2020 R1.  So, really good to see that it hasn't been forgotten!

• 15.  RE: Interaction Connect Pain points

Posted 05-01-2020 15:55
    Memo/Toast Alerts. In Interaction Desktop these alerts stacked, so you could see all the alerts without clearing them. When we tested these alerts in Interaction Connect, it seems they would only show 1 at a time and due to changes in Microsoft there is a timer on when they would auto close and prevent any other alerts that might have popped from showing.

It would be great if these alerts could be sent to the Active Alert View as well, so that you can see the alerts in that view.

Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

• 16.  RE: Interaction Connect Pain points

GENESYS
    Posted 05-04-2020 03:47
    Hi Scott,

I would want to talk more about this, can you please email me at: Bishay.Bishesh@genesys.com

Bishay Bishesh
    Genesys - Employees

• 17.  RE: Interaction Connect Pain points

GENESYS
    Posted 05-07-2020 06:20
    Hi Scott,

Yes, Client Memo in Interaction Connect behaves differently due to browser limitations. And putting it under Active alerts will need Supervisor licenses. I suggest using "Show in Notification area" option for Client Memos in Interaction Connect instead of "Desktop Alerts". The Memos do stack in Notification area and can be expanded.

Bishay Bishesh
    Genesys - Employees

• 18.  RE: Interaction Connect Pain points

Posted 06-01-2020 18:06
    Hi Bishay,

What I want is ease of deployment.

I tried Windows server and IIS or nginx, and with the help of the support team, I was able to install each.
    I think that it is difficult to install with the description of the document library.

In addition, the method to operate on multiple servers (installation of load balancer and Failover Cluster etc...) is an issue.
    I also think there should be documentation on how to scale out, etc.
    The lack of sizing indicators is also one of the factors that make proposals difficult.

I would like to be able to easily add a server for large-scale users by supporting containers and autoscaling in environments such as Kubernetes.
    I also want testlab to add support for Linux servers.

(My English isn't so good so feel free to ask me if there is anything unclear.)

Yusuke Higashino
    Itochu Techno-Solutions Corporation(CTC)

• 19.  RE: Interaction Connect Pain points

Posted 07-20-2020 16:20
    Hi Bishay,

I know this is an older thread, but as we have just recently started using this, we are slowly finding more pain points. One that came up today is dial pad access if you are in the consult transfer screen.  Our Agents have to do a warm transfer, but have to select an option before they will reach an agent. When they attempt this through Interaction Connect, the dial pad is not accessible and there for are not able to complete the transfer.

If our agents were in an office, where they had physical phones i could direct them to utilize that, but they are not. Our agents are at home on laptops, we are a virtual environment so they are logged into the work image while the SIPSoftphone is installed physically on the laptop, so they do not have easy access to the SipStation dialpad.

I would like to see a dialpad button on the consult transfer screen, that an agent could press and it pop out a dial pad to use.

Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

• 20.  RE: Interaction Connect Pain points

GENESYS
    Posted 07-21-2020 02:32
    Hi Scott- I will reach out to via email.

Bishay Bishesh
    Genesys - Employees

• 21.  RE: Interaction Connect Pain points

Posted 07-21-2020 02:58
    Hi Bishay,

I have a concern here about Interaction properties. In Interaction Desktop i can see the attribute in the interaction properties easily which will help me to do customization in a very easy way but in Interaction Connect its a pain that we cannot see any attributes(If already there kindly let me know May be I couldn't find it).

This issue specially with Social Media interactions as Call, Email and web chat i can check it from ICBM but Social Media cannot. I had to do debug handlers to find the attributes.

Also how to reset to default layout after modifying the Layout.

Regards

Mohammad

• 22.  RE: Interaction Connect Pain points

Posted 07-21-2020 08:42
    Hi Bishay,

I'm only stumbling on this thread now, understand it is open a while. But if I can add some to your list that would be great!

Most recent difference:
    When using Interaction Desktop and viewing a workgroup queue or user queue tab, it is possible to right click on an interaction and look at the interaction log by going into the Properties (where you can view Notes or Log)

In Interaction Connect - the only place that you can view the log is if you have an agent in as a monitored appearance. To get similar functionality in Int Connect to view the log in the workgroup queue or user queue tab would be good!

Thanks,
    Marian

Marian OConnell
    Wren Data Ltd.

• 23.  RE: Interaction Connect Pain points

GENESYS
    Posted 07-22-2020 03:53
    Hi Marian,

I have added this to the wishlist. Thanks for the feedback.

Bishay Bishesh
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources