PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  SolarWinds Monitors

Posted 11-03-2020 10:34
    Has anyone used SolarWinds to monitor their servers, services or subsystems related to PureConnect and can give some advice/guidance on how to best do so?

Thanks,
    Andrew
    #ArchitectureandDesign

------------------------------
    Andrew Wooster
    Genesco Inc.

• 2.  RE: SolarWinds Monitors

Posted 11-04-2020 09:47
    I used SolarWinds for SNMP many years ago (CIC 3.0ish).  I have also used LogicMon and am currently setting up Science Logic.  I always worked with the monitoring guy to load the MIBs and setup monitors and alerts.  I trended CPU and memory for all of the subsystems, but really only looked at IP and Notifier.  I also monitor server role (primary/backup).  On the media servers I monitored the number of sessions.

Hope this helps.

Tim Cannon

• 3.  RE: SolarWinds Monitors

Posted 11-05-2020 09:35
    Edited by Chris Mayo 11-05-2020 09:39

Andrew,

We have tested with many 3ed party monitoring solutions over the years but have landed on OpManager by ManageEngine. The flexibility and pricing structure are both very attractive. We have a full monitoring offering and have setup extensive SNMP and Event log triggers, as well as the base polling and critical host metrics.

It is a very manual process and it took us some time to get it all cataloged, and we are still adjusting it regularly. I would definitely recommend you consult with someone familiar with monitoring strategies as this can be quite a daunting task. There are many, many things to consider, and the depth to which you 'monitor' will play a big part in the effort.

Thanks,

Chris Mayo
    Director, Technical Services
    Altivon, a ConvergeOne Company

• 4.  RE: SolarWinds Monitors

Posted 11-10-2020 14:39
    So there is only really one pressing issue that we now need to monitor for after a new implementation of redundant SIP paths coming into our contact center.  Unfortunately, the design was not done well and there is a possibility if one of the SIP lines goes down, we will now have to manually fail over to our backup PureConnect server.  The only way for us to know this without being notified by the carrier is when an agent attempts an outbound call and the "State" is set to "Disconnected [No IP Resonse:SIP - Remote system not responding]".  This is due to one SIP path being hard coded to our current primary PureConnect server and the 2nd SIP path hard coded to our current backup server.  I know I can see this in the InteractionSummary -> CALLEVENTLOG column but the since this field cannot be indexed, the query is taking a long time to return results.  Does anyone have a good way of monitoring for this error that we could use with SolarWinds to trigger an alarm?

Andrew Wooster
    Genesco Inc.

• 5.  RE: SolarWinds Monitors

Posted 11-11-2020 11:18

Andrew,

First let me say that the SIP "lines", or paths, should be coming in through an SBC so they should be 'state' aware and able to always locate the active PureConnect core server. What you may want to consider is adding a SIP Proxy server to manage this as it is state aware to the active server.

I am not aware of an SNMP trap that can be monitored for this specific event. When your SIP line is down, is there an endpoint you could poll that stops responding? This is likely your best option to monitoring for the SIP line availability short of writing something custom. For example, if there is an IP address for an endpoint on the failing SIP path that becomes unavailable when the service is down, poll that endpoint.

Interaction SIP Proxy is the answer, adding state awareness to the design.

Chris Mayo
    Director, Technical Services
    Altivon, a ConvergeOne Company

• 6.  RE: SolarWinds Monitors

Posted 11-11-2020 13:11

I agree we needed an SBC but the initial design in my opinion was flawed and the push to get this in before our busy season forced our hand.  We do have 2 signaling IPs for each path, I will reach out to our carrier to see about polling those to determine if the path is up or not.  We are going to be putting in a SIP Proxy, utilizing our media servers, but that will be post busy season.

Thanks,
    Andrew

Andrew Wooster
    Genesco Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources