PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  In-Queue Hold Music - Looking for Recommendations

Posted 02-10-2020 14:18
    Good afternoon!

I'm looking for recommendations on improving the type of in-queue hold music that our Attendant IVR apps are currently using.  When we moved from Premier to PCC, we took the simple route and just used the audio that was originally supplied to us.  That was six years ago.  Times have changed and now, the current hold music is need of change.

I know that Attendant can use things such as an iTunes playlist or other external music services (i.e.; Spotify) to create hold music.  I'm looking for any recommendations that you may have found to be widely accepted by your client base that can also be easily administered in Attendant and is also cost-effective.

As of now, I'm looking at CallQX (administered by GM Voices).  Is anyone currently using them?  And if so, have you had success with them?

Any feedback that could be provided would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #Integrations
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Barry Farrington
    PureConnect Administrator
    Long Term Care Partners, LLC

• 2.  RE: In-Queue Hold Music - Looking for Recommendations

Posted 02-11-2020 10:16
    Barry,

It's been a long time since I looked into this but what I was always told way back is that there are laws which prevents you from playing music on the phones without paying royalties. A easy way to get past this is to pipe in a radio station but of course then you run the risk of playing ads for whatever from the radio station. To the best of my knowledge you have 2 options. One is to buy music from a 3rd party, there are a few out there which slice up different genres of music and pay the royalties or whatever so that you can use them for hold music. The other option is to go find your own Royalty free music and use that.

I've had customers use the service before, I don't remember who they used but a quick google search brings up a few companies who offer this. You can also do a search for royalty free music which will bring up websites where you can buy music. Keep in mind that the phone really compresses music so please please PLEASE test the hold music before pushing it out so you ensure it does not sound horrible. If you are going to do instrumental music less is more, notice how the built in CIC hold music consists of 1 or 2 instruments at a time.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk. If my comment helped you or solved your problem please consider marking my comment as best answer.

• 3.  RE: In-Queue Hold Music - Looking for Recommendations

Posted 02-11-2020 12:25
    Hello,

Within our organization we went with Steaming Media services to provide Sirius for our customers.  It has been a very popular move and the server configuration appears to be fairly simple as far as the physical connection from Sirius to our MOH server.  We have had issues with the volume and recently discovered (information was not provided by the tech who created the physical connections) that the volume is controlled by an amp versus the GUI or the server audio controls.
    If it is within your budget, I highly recommend streaming.

Tina Yocum
    NorthWestern Corporation

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources