PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  I3_License_External_Call_ports

Posted 05-08-2020 00:02
    Hello All,

I have a question regarding "I3_License_External_Call_ports" if you can help me understand.

we have 130 I3_License_External_Call_ports and now with high load on our calls we are seeing that new calls are getting dropped and in ICB we get this message "Disconnected [No Available External Call Ports]"

I need to know what is the propose of this license and what should we increase if I need to have more calls entering the IVR.
    do I just need to increase this license or I have to increase other licenses like Basic session and advanced basic sessions?

thanks in advance.
    #AskMeAnything(AMA)

------------------------------
    Ibrahim Alhadi
    Ghassan Alsulaiman Furniture Co. (IKEA Saudi Arabia)

• 2.  RE: I3_License_External_Call_ports

Posted 05-12-2020 10:50
    Hi Ibrahim,

Its hard for an outside person to say yes or no to purchase more licenses,  as you know the need of your system better then others, but here is some things that might help you identify if and what you might need to increase if you choose to increase I3_License_External_Call_ports.

License naming is confusing, Items shown on renewals documation don't always match to the same name when looking at licensing in IA or ICBM. So to clarify  I3_License_External_Call_ports  is a basic session and  i will just refer to basic session in my outline below.

A general rule of thumb is that your Basic session  = Advance Session + Dialer Session + Conference Sessions. This is because Advance Session, Dialer Sesion and Conference Session get added to the basic session in certain situation. Here is a overview of how these licenses work together.

Basic Session:  All calls in and out of your system grabs this license.
    Advance Session License:  This is added on top of Basic session for any call requiring ACD routing or custom Handler
    Dialer Session License:  This is added on top of Basic session  for Dialer outbound initated calls
    Conference Session License:   This is added on top of Basic session for an call into the Interaction Conference System. 

Hope this helps

Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

• 3.  RE: I3_License_External_Call_ports

Posted 05-12-2020 15:13
    Edited by Ibrahim Alhadi 05-12-2020 15:13
    Hi Scott,

Thank you for your reply, this made it clear to me now.
    Just to be sure, allow me to ask this;

In our scenario, we want everything as it is but we want to allow our customers to reach the IVR and wait for the next available agent to answer.
    example; today we have (110 Advance Session, 130 Basic Session, 27 Conference Session, and 165 Media Session ). 
    I have less than 27 agents in one shift, and I am expecting 380 calls from the customers.

If I understand correctly, I will only need to purchase (250 Basic Session and 215 Media Session) to meet my requirement?

Thank you in advance.

Ibrahim Alhadi

Ibrahim Alhadi
    Ghassan Alsulaiman Furniture Co. (IKEA Saudi Arabia)

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources