PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Interaction Scripter/Internet Explorer

Posted 11-09-2021 15:50
    We use Interaction Scripter (.NET Version) and our Desktop team is decommissioning Internet Explorer. It is my understanding that Scripter uses and IE window embedded within it. Has anybody else using Interaction Scripter experienced any issues after having IE removed from users workstations?
    #AskMeAnything(AMA)
    #Omni-ChannelDesktop/UserInterface
    #Outbound
    #PlatformAdministration
    #SystemAdministration
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Michael Bishop
    UnitedHealth Group/Optum

• 2.  RE: Interaction Scripter/Internet Explorer

Posted 11-11-2021 09:45
    Michael,

I dont have the answer to this, but I have that same question, so will follow this thread.  We are also looking at testing Edge for Business which supposedly has an IE11 mode.  In some cases, we do some manually scripting that pops to an external browser window outside of Interaction Scripter, and still uses some classic ASP, which does render correctly in modern browsers (with some code refactoring).  We are hoping that the Edge IE11 mode will help with this, but have the same question about the pages that render directly in the Interaction Scripter tabs.

-------------------------------------------
    Josh Zets
    Incept
    ------------------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Interaction Scripter/Internet Explorer

Posted 11-11-2021 10:48
    John,
    Thanks for the reply. I am glad others have this concern because Genesys doesn't seem to have any answers. We are currently using IWP (even though it is EOL) and I can confirm that it DOES work in Edge IE Mode as it requires Silverlight. I know that is different that Scripting, but I just wanted to throw that out there for others who might have that question.

Michael Bishop
    UnitedHealth Group/Optum

• 4.  RE: Interaction Scripter/Internet Explorer

Posted 11-12-2021 09:20
    We asked support about this some time ago. The official response:

We support scripter.net as an application. It does still require Internet Explorer to run. If Microsoft not supporting IE is a concern, then you have to move to connect.

Stephen Edwards
    DialAmerica
    Sr Systems Engineer

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources