PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  IVR Call Record

Posted 06-29-2018 10:06
    Hello PureConnect Brain Trust,

I have recently setup our system to record IVR calls and all calls are being recorded, but to listen to those calls you have to go through the Interaction Recorder within ICBM.  When you use Interaction Detail to search for those calls, it shows no recording, is there a way to have Interaction Detail know that there is a recording for that call? Do i need to configure something else so they are linked?

IVR call record setup
     - Proactive Recorder is enabled on the Line configuration, with the Include Early Audio (IVR and ACD Wait)
     - Build out a Recording Policy for Inbound calls on that line.

#Call Recording
    #IVR Recording​​

------------------------------
    Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

• 2.  RE: IVR Call Record

Posted 06-29-2018 11:24
    Did you bounce the line after you enabled proactive recording?  I know with other line configuration settings you have to right click the line and go to Set Active -> No and then Set Active -> Yes before they will take affect.  This should be done after hours.

Thanks,
    Andrew

Andrew Wooster
    Genesco Inc.

• 3.  RE: IVR Call Record

Posted 06-29-2018 12:32
    I did not, proactive recording is a configuration that takes affect immediately according to documentation, and it is working calls are being recorded and i am able to use Interaction Recorder to pull up and listen to the calls.

The problem i am seeing is that when you search for the interaction through interaction detail, the call shows up, but it is showing no recording, even though there is a recording. I am trying to figure out if there is other configuration that is needed to have the recording tied to the interaction so the recording is visable within Interaction Desktop

Thank you,
     Scott

Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

• 4.  RE: IVR Call Record

Posted 09-15-2021 12:11
    Hi Scott!

OK, so this is just a theory, but stay with me...

Have you set up a Recorder Policy to record these calls?

Proactive recording means that it records all calls and then only keeps the ones it is told to. The idea being that if the "trigger" (say. Analyzer detecting the agent dropping an F-Bomb) happens later in the call, you actually have the call recorded from the start.

What I think may be happening is that it is recording these calls, but if your policies are set up to record all calls to a particular Workgroup / Station / User then any that abandon in the IVR (possibly including if they were in Queue, but not yet assigned, but I'm not certain) then Recorder sees no reason to keep the recording and deletes it.

Try setting it to record all calls on the line (in the Policy) and see if that helps.

Like I said though - just a theory, I'm not a Recorder expert!

• 5.  RE: IVR Call Record

Posted 09-15-2021 09:00
    Hello Scott,

You just saved my life, thank you very much for this post!

Anton Karelin
    Jet Infosystems

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources