PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Interaction Administrator Importing (IAExport .CSV file)

Posted 05-06-2019 04:23
    Edited by Naveen Sunkara 05-06-2019 04:59
    Hello, team,

In Pure connect,
    In interaction Administrator, we have an option to export all configuration to CSV file.   
    I have attached the image below as for our reference.
    CSV file
      In the same way is there any option to import all configuration data through CSV file. Please let me know 
    #Implementation.

------------------------------
    Naveen Sunkara
    The Customer Experience Lab

• 2.  RE: Interaction Administrator Importing (IAExport .CSV file)

Posted 05-06-2019 11:27
    Naveen,

No way to import configuration through this CSV file but Genesys does have a production called Interaction Migrator which allows you to export parts, or the complete, CIC configuration. You can use this for backups or use it to migrate to another CIC server or environment. Note that if you use it in migrator mode it puts _migrated after a bunch of configuration items, not the end of the world but if you are OCD like me this makes me go back through the configuration and remove the _migrated configuration items. I haven't used the backup mode before but I believe the backup option does not do the _migrated thing, however it does require you restore the configuration to the exact same server.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 3.  RE: Interaction Administrator Importing (IAExport .CSV file)

Posted 05-06-2019 11:48
    Is there a way to get a preview/attachment of the data that is exported to CSV?  It would be helpful to see if the process provides a clean, readable data export.  Just the column headers would be very helpful.

Barry Farrington
    Long Term Care Partners, LLC

• 4.  RE: Interaction Administrator Importing (IAExport .CSV file)

Posted 05-06-2019 11:59
    Hello Mark Tatera,

Completely agree with you that we can use Interaction Migrator to take backup and restore. 

But can any one give a idea where we can use this CSV configuration file taken from CIC-->File-->Export or what is the purpose?

Advance thank you for your guidance.

Manash Kumar

• 5.  RE: Interaction Administrator Importing (IAExport .CSV file)

Posted 05-07-2019 13:44
    Edited by Paul Simpson 05-07-2019 13:45
    Hi,

I am a little unclear as to what you are actually asking here....

Regarding the "Export..." option, this allows you to create a file which contains your entire configuration as a text-compatible file. DIrectly, this doesn't really serve a purpose (as I understand it) however you could (relatively easily) write some software to analyse the resulting file and produce documentation on your setup. (For example, you may want a graphical representation of User <-> Workgroup dependancies. Or perhaps your IVR setup.) The export would allow you to obtain the raw data for external analysis.

If you want to export and import (perhaps to  backup, or to move to new harware, or to initially set up a test environment to mimic your production one) then Migrator is the tool to use.

It's worth noting that the resulting Migrator file (in common with a lot of "proprietary" formats these days) is actually a standard compressed archive of XML files. You can rename it with the extension ",zip" and then decompress it. You can even (as long as you are careful and accept the risks involved....) edit the XML files, re-compress, rename back and then import. (So, for example, you might want to export your production environment, "process" the file(s) to change the line configurations, remove large number(s) of users, change the MAC addresses assigned to Managed IP Phones and so on, then import into your Development / Test environment.)

It all depends on what you want to achieve....

Paul Simpson
    Senior Technical Instructor

• 6.  RE: Interaction Administrator Importing (IAExport .CSV file)

Posted 05-08-2019 04:35
    Hello Team,

There is an option in interaction Administrator we can  Exporting configuration data only through (CSV file).
    Exporting
    By using migration we can do. without using migration can we perform this task importing same CSV file to interaction Administrator. Go through the below image in Advanced Interaction Dailer we are having both Import/ Export Configuration option so Please help me if any option is available in Interaction Administrator are not.

Importing Exporting

Note: if really there is no option to import the configuration data (CSV) then what is the use of giving export option Please clarify this also.

Thank you.
    Regards,
    Naveen Sunkara

• 7.  RE: Interaction Administrator Importing (IAExport .CSV file)

Posted 05-08-2019 09:46
    Naveen,

As mentioned above there is no way to import that CSV into the system. This option has been in the system for a very long time. I suspect this use to be used as a troubleshooting function so support could get your entire IA configuration, now they just ask for registry exports. If you want to export and import configuration you must use Interaction Migrator. It's probably worth noting there are CSV import options for very specific configuration items such as users and stations.

That import/export configuration option you are looking at is specifically for the Interaction Dealer configuration. Looking at the tree you will see that is defined under Advanced Interaction Dialer.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 8.  RE: Interaction Administrator Importing (IAExport .CSV file)

Posted 07-15-2019 13:20
    It is possible to import IA container data, but it requires third-party products. Instead of advising you to completely move to a different application, it might make sense to explain which type of configuration you would want to import (for example, you can already import user data).

You would never import all IA data, especially on a production environment. 

The tools / application I'm referring to is more for DR-sites or DTA(P)-environments.

At 3Fiftynine impossible is just a challenge

We provide kick-ass products on top of Genesys platforms

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources