PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Has anyone integrated PureConnect to SalesForce?

• 1.  Has anyone integrated PureConnect to SalesForce?

Posted 05-26-2021 20:41
    We are integrated PureConnect to SalesForce and are having a problem with Screenpops.
    Do not know what the internal URL or parameters should be set to for the screenpop.
    Its not working, and don't know what we are doing wrong.
    Calls are working, just not the screenpops.
    #Implementation
    #Integrations

------------------------------
    Lisa

• 2.  RE: Has anyone integrated PureConnect to SalesForce?

GENESYS
    Posted 06-03-2021 14:57
    Attention everyone. I sent the replies to this post to moderation because sharing and requesting personal information is strictly prohibited according to our Community's Rules and Etiquette.

I'll be reaching out to everyone individually, but please refrain from sharing and requesting personal information.

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Genesys Community Manager

• 3.  RE: Has anyone integrated PureConnect to SalesForce?

Posted 06-10-2021 14:30
    Hey Matt,

We are having similar issues with what Lisa Gray and her company is encountering when using Salesforce Lightning with PureConnect, the problem being is that the screen pops are not working.  We have been using Salesforce Classic for over 5 years and the screen pops work perfectly.  However, we just started two new programs with using Salesforce Lightning (with PureConnect), the first in our company to use Lightning version, and neither of these two programs have the screen pop working.

Would you be able to share on what are you seeing that could be causing this issue?

Please let m know if you need any other additional information.

Thank you,
    Bernard Pulopot

Bernard Pulopot
    RESMED

• 4.  RE: Has anyone integrated PureConnect to SalesForce?

Posted 06-10-2021 14:50
    So I'm struggling to get answers to this problem.  I see alot of other's having the same trouble but no fixes.  I struggle to get anything from Genesys.  When I've reached out via a ticket to support, they say "it's pointing to a SalesForce issue".  We've had a troubleshooting session with SalesForce and they flat out say they can not assist as this is a 3rd party package and we need Genesys Support.  I have reached out to our Account Rep, I have escalated to Genesys and I am not getting results.  I am extremely frustrated as I'm being told that I should have a paid engagement with Genesys, so I'm going down that road as well.  But again, it's not fast to do that.  My question is Why Is Genesys allowing people to buy the licenses, and not providing support for this?  I have asked about what is the proper version of the SalesForce Genesys Package for the connector piece as well and I'm not getting anything back from Genesys on that either.

Lisa Gray
    Elevate Credit Service LLC

• 5.  RE: Has anyone integrated PureConnect to SalesForce?

GENESYS
    Posted 06-10-2021 15:26
    @Bernard Pulopot and @Lisa Gray,

Let me poke around and see if I can find any kind of an update for you. I understand your frustration.

Cheers,

Matt​​

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Genesys Community Manager

• 6.  RE: Has anyone integrated PureConnect to SalesForce?

Posted 06-05-2021 19:28
    Hi Lisa,

I noticed that other respondents also said they are having trouble with Screen Pops.
    I checked my SF integration that I mentioned previously and found that on 24 March, 2021 the popups stopped working on lightning, after having worked for over a year.
    The comment in the customer's ticket said "since the latest Google Chrome update", but I'm starting to suspect it might be a Salesforce issue.

Our customer has come back saying they are waiting for Salesforce Summer '21 release on 12 June and they expect a fix in that release. I don't know if they know a fix is coming or if they are hoping it is coming.

Cheers,

• 7.  RE: Has anyone integrated PureConnect to SalesForce?

Posted 06-07-2021 18:07
    Richard - do you have any more details about the fix in the June 21 image?  We upgraded our QA environment for that and re-tested with our on-premise PureConnect and it still isn't working.

Lisa Gray

• 8.  RE: Has anyone integrated PureConnect to SalesForce?

GENESYS
    Posted 06-11-2021 09:35
    Edited by Matt Lawson 06-11-2021 09:49
    Lisa - We are sorry for the experience. I have gone through the Case that Elevate Credit raised and understand that Browser Console logs have been shared too. PureConnect is in touch with Salesforce to figure this out. Looks like even with Summer'21 release, this issue hasn't been resolved. Whether this has got to do with Salesforce settings or Screen Pop configuration on PureConnect or a browser issue, I don't have an answer right now. I have reached out to R&D to get this validated locally as soon as possible.  

I am in touch with the Account team on Salesforce side and they have committed to assist. While we do not know with absolute certainty the root cause, I will be keen to look at Salesforce response on this. You can reach out to me in the community.

Sai Prem M
    Genesys - Employees

• 9.  RE: Has anyone integrated PureConnect to SalesForce?

Posted 06-11-2021 10:22

Great thank you, I'll pass that on to the team

Elevate

Lisa Gray
    Manager, Network Engineering

P (817) 231-7522 | Elevate.com
    4150 International Plaza, Suite 300
    Fort Worth, TX 76109

Privileged and Confidential. This e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain privileged and/or confidential information. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify me immediately by a return e-mail and delete this e-mail. You are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail and/or any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited.

• 10.  RE: Has anyone integrated PureConnect to SalesForce?

Posted 06-11-2021 16:26
    Edited by Andrew Wooster 06-11-2021 16:30
    Is everyone trying to do the URL hacking to enable the screen pop in Salesforce?  Salesforce changed the way their URLs are built for Lightning only  a while ago and caused this to not work.  They supposedly reverted the URL back a few releases ago, but we use Apex code for our screen pops so I don't know if it is working again or not.

Andrew Wooster
    Genesco Inc.

• 11.  RE: Has anyone integrated PureConnect to SalesForce?

Posted 07-23-2021 09:30
    Hi Lisa, 
    Have you been able to get it work in the meanwhile?

We're having Pureconnect with screenpops setup with Salesforce Lightning, it pop's to a custom visualforce page in our case. It's still a PoC for us, but it seems to work fine, even with variables filled with data from an incoming call.

Through our Genesys partner we got in touch with someone from Genesys had a few suggestions, and those seem to work. See page 53 from the PureConnect for Salesforce admin guide (https://help.genesys.com/pureconnect/mergedProjects/wh_tr/desktop/pdfs/salesforce_integration_cic_ag.pdf). In case you're using Lightning, at the value here you need to put the entire Salesforce URL, not only 'apex/VFPageName'. So for example: https://mydomain--test.lightning.force.com/apex/VFPageName

Niels Keuning
    De Persgroep Publishing NV

• 12.  RE: Has anyone integrated PureConnect to SalesForce?

Posted 07-23-2021 12:09
    Just wanted to provide an update, this has been resolved.  Our Salesforce group misconfigured the CTI URL with the webproxy server information.  This caused the whole application to be unstable, caused problems with our webserver and caused screenpops not to work. Thanks everyone for your assistance along the way.

Lisa Gray

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources