PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Use TLS1.2 when run Database Tool from Setup Assistance

Posted 06-26-2021 06:51
    Hello Community,

I need to use a secure ODBC connection with TLS1.2 between CIC and MSSQL Database "2016", but while running Setup Assistance for the first time during the implementation, I can see an error message that SSL Security Error as shown below

I followed all the instructions mentioned in PureConnect Security Features Technical Reference for the required steps to enable TLS 1.2 on the CIC server and SQL Server with Native Client 11 (Pg.28) by generating HTTP certificates and import it to MSSQL MMC Console ...etc.

I'm not sure actually if Setup Assistance support TLS 1.2 or not but I can't pass the initial steps to create the I3_IC database while enabling TLS1.2 on MSSQL Server.

Your advice is highly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

#Implementation
    #Integrations
    #Security

------------------------------
    Youssef Atef
    Jathwa Technology Solutions

• 2.  RE: Use TLS1.2 when run Database Tool from Setup Assistance

Posted 06-26-2021 09:38

I ran into this a while back and was told by support that setup assistant does not support TLS.  This means that from the CIC server, you'll need to enable one of the legacy protocols for client side communication and on the sql server you'll need to enable SSL server settings.

We generally use the IIS Crypto utility for this instead of editing the registry directly.

The good news is that once you're done with the initial setup of adding the database, you can revert both endpoints back to TLS only.  

I had really hoped they would have resolved this by now.

AARON LAEL
    State of Utah

• 3.  RE: Use TLS1.2 when run Database Tool from Setup Assistance

Posted 06-29-2021 08:32
    I have encountered the same issue but was hoping it was because I am still on an older version (2018r2) and this would go away once i updated.  May I ask what version of CIC you are running?

Christopher Becker
    State of Michigan - Oakland County - WRC

• 4.  RE: Use TLS1.2 when run Database Tool from Setup Assistance

Posted 06-29-2021 10:15
    That last time I had to set up a server and ran into this issue was on 2019 R2.  I'd be surprised if Genesys ever addressed this with the current (and recent) backburner status of PureConnect, though.

AARON LAEL
    State of Utah

• 5.  RE: Use TLS1.2 when run Database Tool from Setup Assistance

Posted 06-30-2021 08:53
    So TLS1.0 was suppose to no longer needed in 2019, but when I upgraded to 2020 R2 last year I ran into that issue and was told we are hitting SCR IC-154614. There is no information on that SCR so i am not sure exactly what the problem is.

Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

• 6.  RE: Use TLS1.2 when run Database Tool from Setup Assistance

Posted 06-30-2021 13:00
    I also ran into the issue in 2020R3 Patch 2. Back in 2019 I was told that the underline issue is related to setup assistant using osql.exe to execute scripts. OSQL.exe was released in 2000 and does not work with TLS 1.2. Until Genesys fix that, we'll continue running into the issue.

John Sweet
    TSYS - Interactive Services

• 7.  RE: Use TLS1.2 when run Database Tool from Setup Assistance

Posted 07-05-2021 19:07
    @Christopher Becker I'm running the latest PureConnect 2021R2 which seems didn't solve this issue, Genesys support said that we are hitting SCR IC-154614 but not yet resolved.

I followed what @Aaron Lael mentioned which helped me bypass the Setup Assistance SQL part for the base I3_IC Database Installation.

But now I'm facing another issue with the UDL file for Interaction Dailer as you might know we should use "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server" ​ which doesn't support TLS1.2 and when I'm using MSSQL Native Client 11.0 instead, the UDL test connection is succeeded but from the ODS it shows error as below,

Would appreciate your advice gents if faced with this issue before.

Thanks​ in advance,

Regards,​​​​

Youssef Atef

• 8.  RE: Use TLS1.2 when run Database Tool from Setup Assistance

Posted 07-06-2021 08:39
    Hi Youssef

Do you have the MSSQL Native Client 11.0 installed on both the CIC and the CCS server?

Thank you,

Scott WilliAMs
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

• 9.  RE: Use TLS1.2 when run Database Tool from Setup Assistance

Posted 07-06-2021 08:45
    Edited by Youssef Atef 07-06-2021 08:46
    Hi Scott,

Yes, I do installed on both CIC and CCS Server.

I have 3 environments (Pre-Production and Production and DR) and all of them are stuck on the same issue.

Kind Regards,

Youssef Atef

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources