PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Time in Status

Posted 07-21-2019 04:29
    Hallow, 
    we have 10 Agents who answering  incoming interaction, Agents are worked for 8 hours per day with one hour break, i have two question if any one face it before or can help on:

- time in status start from zero every time agent change his status, so at the end of the day the agent cant know how much time he/she spend in break or in available status. so is there any way to force the counter to continue count and not to reset  to zero for break status.? 

- another thing is can i changed the agents status automatically when the agents log-off or  log-on ?

Thank You ..
    #Handlers
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Mohammad Ali
    Senior Technical Consultant

• 2.  RE: Time in Status

Posted 07-22-2019 10:19
    Hey Mohammad!

Ok, as far as I am aware, the short answer to your first question is "no". However there are reports you can run....

For the second question, the answer is slightly more complex. Each Status has an attribute named "Persistant". When an Agent logs out, if their current Status is "Persistant" then they remnain in that Status. If not, they are returned to the last Status they used that was. When an Agent logs in, there isn't an out of the box method to set the status automatically.

Of course, with Handlers, this default behavior can be changed.....

HTH

• 3.  RE: Time in Status

Posted 07-23-2019 02:24
    Hi Paul , 
    thanks for your replay, 

can i now in witch handler i have to change? 

Regards

Mohammad Tawalbeh
    Fourth Dimension Systems

• 4.  RE: Time in Status

Posted 07-24-2019 10:34
    Mohammad,

I don't think there is a system handler or customization point by default which fires off on user status changes. I think you will have to build a complete custom handler with the initiator "User Status Monitor Initiator". 

Here is the info on the initiator from the help file:
    User Status Monitor Initiator
    This initiator watches for an event generated by a CIC Client user changing his or her status. For example, a user might change their status from Available to Do Not Disturb.

Initiator Properties Page
    For more information on the relationship between the parameters on the Initiator Properties page, see Introduction to Initiators.

Notification Object Type
    User

Object ID
    Select {all}.

Notification Event
    Select Status.

Outputs
    User ID
    The user id of the agent who changed his or her status.

First Name
    The first name of the agent who changed his or her status.

Last Name
    The last name of the agent who changed his or her status.

Status Text
    The current status that resulted from the change. This might be 'Available' or 'Do Not Disturb'.

Status Key Text
    An unlocalized version of the status message. In a future release of CIC, there will be a localization mapping table for each of the keys. This will be used to display the appropriate string to an end user based on the user's Local settings.

Status Change DateTime
    A date time value indicating when the status changed.

Date String
    The date information contained in the status, such as a return date.

Time String
    The time information contained in the status, such as a return time.

Extension
    The agent's extension.

DND Indicator
    The Do Not Disturb indicator. True if the status is a DND status. False if the status is not a DND status, like Available.

Logged In Indicator
    A value of 1 (one) will be returned if the user is logged in, and a value of 0 (zero) if the user is not logged in.

From Server Flag
    This output parameter is for internal user only, and it may be removed in a future release.

Station Id
    The station Id where the agent changed his or her status.

Error Flag
    Any error information passed in with the event.

DND Indicator
    Indicates whether this status is configured as a DND status in Interaction Administrator.

ACD Indicator
    Indicates whether this status is configured as allowing ACD calls in Interaction Administrator.

Forward Indicator
    Indicates whether this status is configured as a Forward status in Interaction Administrator.

On Phone Indicator
    Indicates whether this status is configured as an On Phone status in Interaction Administrator.

Previous Status Key
    An unlocalized version of the previous status message. In a future release of CIC, there will be a localization mapping table for each of the keys. This will be used to display the appropriate string to an end user based on the user's Local settings.

Previous Status
    The user's previous status.

Previous Status Change Datetime
    The time when the status was changed before the most recent change.

Exit Paths
    Start
    This step always exits through the start path.
    ​

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 5.  RE: Time in Status

Posted 07-24-2019 10:53
    Edited by Chris Mayo 07-24-2019 10:55
    Great suggestion Mark.

Slight caution here; I have used the User Status Monitor Initiator in the past, but very carefully. This can get very noisy in a busy system, especially if there are automated status changes for your call center agents. It is critical to very quickly identify the specific status change your looking for quickly, and exit eth handler as soon as you can. For example, if you're looking for status "On Break", check the new status and exit immediately if it <> "On break".

Efficiencies here will be required if any scalability is needed.

Chris Mayo
    Director, Technical Services
    Altivon

• 6.  RE: Time in Status

Posted 07-25-2019 11:57
    Chris brings up a good point. In the past when I rolled this out I added decision logic at the top of the code to try to limit the impact to the system. Depending on how busy your system is you could have problems. I did think about this last night and I bet you could do this pretty easily with an IceLib application which could be modified to only set up status watches on the few users you would want to do this for. This way you are offloading the work of this to an application running somewhere vs on the CIC server itself. You could probably do something with a client plugin as well.

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 7.  RE: Time in Status

Posted 07-22-2019 13:47
    Mohammad,

It sounds like you are looking for a WFM/RTA product which would keep track of the agent's time and allow them to see in real time if the are doing the activity they should be. As Paul mentions I also don't believe there is any way to stop the timer from resetting each day. I suppose you could create a plugin for the client or something if you didn't want to go full RTA where there is just a start and end timer. I think there are applications out there that already do this, although it would not be tied to the phone system at all.

For your second question I think you would be best served to do this in handlers to change statuses as I was never a fan of changing persistent settings on the built in statuses. It becomes a nightmare to manager if you have business users who should be able to be logged out and available who now lose this ability if you change available to a non-persistent status. If you do this check in handlers you could keep off of a role or something so only users who have a specific role would have their status changed with log out/in.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

• 8.  RE: Time in Status

Posted 01-23-2020 07:58
    Edited by Mohammad Ali 01-23-2020 07:59
    Hi Mark,
    thanks for your help on this, 
    this what i did :
    - i create a counter Addins that will start count once the agent start the interaction desktop. and it will reset if interaction desktop exit. now i want to enhance this counter so if there any way to pass the login/logout  or the current agent status detail to this Addins this will be perfect.

- for the secant question i create a handler as you mentioned and its work fine .

Thank You

Mohammad Abd-Alrahman
    Fourth Dimension Systems

• 9.  RE: Time in Status

Posted 01-24-2020 09:34
    Mohammad ,

Thanks for the follow up letting us all know how you solved your problems, glad I could help.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk. If my comment helped you or solved your problem please consider marking my comment as best answer.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources