PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Consult Transfer with Attendant Profile

Posted 11-22-2019 16:48
    Hello,
    Can we do an Consult transfer with attendant Profile?

We assign the Skills for calls based on the IVR Selections. In case user selected a Wrong option Representative Needs to Transfer the calls to Right Skill Agent.
    We have Created an Attendant Transfer Profile where we Reset the Skill and Transfer the call to the Right skill person in work group.

Issue that we are encountering is Blind Transfer is working but Consult Transfer is Not working.

Can anyone help with this? what could be an issue?
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)
    #PureConnect QA Episode

------------------------------
    Anagha Chandere
    Southwest Business Corp.

• 2.  RE: Consult Transfer with Attendant Profile

Posted 11-23-2019 21:21
    The rule of thumb is that a consult transfer should only be used when the agent needs to speak with the transfer recipient before completing the transfer. Genesys does not support consult transfers to an IVR... unless something has changed and they have fixed the behavior recently.

David Currier
    cpi.solutions

• 3.  RE: Consult Transfer with Attendant Profile

Posted 11-27-2019 09:26
    Anagha,

As David has pointed out Genesys only wants you using consult transfers if the agent actually has to talk to the destination first. What behavior are you experiencing? I believe if the consulting agent uses the IVR to transfer the call to the correct destination if the consulting agent waits for the connect with the second agent then the call should transfer properly. Obviously this is not ideal since the consulting agent will be unavailable just sitting on hold waiting for the second agent to answer.

Now you can get consult transfers to IVRs to work but its a lot of work and you are going to have to play cat and mouse with bugs the agents discover by using the IVR in an unexpected way. Overall I would not suggest you attempt this.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk. If my comment helped you or solved your problem please consider marking my comment as best answer.

• 4.  RE: Consult Transfer with Attendant Profile

Posted 12-03-2019 18:20
    Thank you Mark, when we do an consult transfer to profile call is behaves like an Blind Transfer.

Anagha Chandere
    Southwest Business Corp.

• 5.  RE: Consult Transfer with Attendant Profile

Posted 12-03-2019 18:17
    Thank you David

Anagha Chandere
    Southwest Business Corp.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources