PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Restrict remote number

Posted 11-06-2019 07:56
    Good morning,
    Is there a way to restrict the number entered at login in a Remote Number setup ?
    As an example, the agents would be able to enter a north america number but not able to enter an oversea number.
    Thanks in advance.
    #Omni-ChannelDesktop/UserInterface

• 2.  RE: Restrict remote number

Posted 11-06-2019 10:08
    Alain,

You can set up remote stations and define the number so you can lock down remote workers to specific numbers. I know this doesn't completely solve for what you are asking for. You may have to modify the system handlers to add a check in place to catch remote station calls and prevent calls to numbers you don't want. Of course this would not stop the agent from logging in, they just wouldn't be able to get calls. I suspect you wouldn't be the first customer to ask for this customization, maybe go check out the ideas webpage to see if there is an existing idea you can vote on.

Thanks,

------------------------------
    Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk. If my comment helped you or solved your problem please consider marking my comment as best answer.

• 3.  RE: Restrict remote number

Posted 11-12-2019 06:43
    Hi Mark,
    Thanks for the suggestion, but not possible to modify the system handler.
    Not much around this on the ideas web site unfortunately.
    I might suggest something.
    -Alain

Alain LeBrasseur
    438-888-1297
    Quovim C3
    Montreal, Quebec
    Canada

• 4.  RE: Restrict remote number

Posted 11-11-2019 16:53
    Hi,

I need to do some checking, but I know that you can restrict Phone Number Classifications for Forward, Follow Me, TUI etc. I am going to test to see if any of these affects Remote Number for a station. (Or you could test it too - let me know if you do and I won't duplicate the effort!

Otherwise, at the current time, you will probably have to go with Mark's suggestion.

• 5.  RE: Restrict remote number

Posted 11-12-2019 06:45
    Hi Paul,
    Not affecting at all. 
    Looks like there is just no way to restrict a user from entering any number as remote number or even remote station.
    Will suggest something into ideas. We'll see.
    Thanks for the reply.
    -Alain

Alain LeBrasseur
    438-888-1297
    Quovim C3
    Montreal, Quebec
    Canada

• 6.  RE: Restrict remote number

Posted 11-12-2019 08:19
    Hello Alain,

There are some limitations based on the user rigths and the number classifications used in the dial plan. We use to have difficulties with our first remote agents based in another country then France. It was possible to them to enter any number (german numbers) but the system use to block the "non local" calls. We have fixed that by changing th user rights.

lionel Florence
    HELPLINE

• 7.  RE: Restrict remote number

Posted 11-12-2019 12:59
    Hey, Lionel!

Did you restrict under general classifications, or the ones for TUI / Forward / Follow-me?

• 8.  RE: Restrict remote number

Posted 11-12-2019 13:00
    I'm not certain (but based on Lionel's response) it may be that the restrictions doesn't actually happen until after you log in (and possibly try to use telephone) as opposed to preventing you entering the number.

• 9.  RE: Restrict remote number

Posted 11-13-2019 02:43
    Edited by Lionel Florence 11-13-2019 02:46
    You are right : the user can connect but the system will never try to reach him. This is very confusing as you don't have any warning or alarm displayed to the user.

lionel Florence
    HELPLINE

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources