PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  how to Manage the Skills from ICBM?

Posted 11-13-2019 18:00
    All,
    Is there any way we can manage the skills  From ICBM instead of Interaction Administrator?

We have WFM team and we want to Limit the Admin access to limited people, so were trying to figure out if there is way that we can manage the Skills with Proficiency from ICBM.
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #ConnectwithaCustomer(NEW)

------------------------------
    Anagha

• 2.  RE: how to Manage the Skills from ICBM?

Posted 11-14-2019 11:39
    The short answer is, no.

You can use Admin-Access to restrict what they can do in IA, but I suspect that this may still not be granular enough for what you need.

Another option would be to write your own skills-management application using ICELib or ICWS. I fins a lot of student who take the ICELib training with me use it to write a password-rest utility for the helpdesk, but I guess you could also create a custom Skills manager.

HTH

• 3.  RE: how to Manage the Skills from ICBM?

Posted 11-22-2019 11:29
    Thank you Paul. for us its an  choice for Creating a skill or creating a workgroup where single group handles the multiple type of call.
    If we go based of Work group then Supervisors are not very happy to keep tabbing through all workgroup. If we create the skills and they want to change the people frequently  then its pain. We dont want to give access to Supervisors for Admin.

Thank you For Suggestion. I will look in to this.

Anagha Chandere
    Southwest Business Corp.

• 4.  RE: how to Manage the Skills from ICBM?

GENESYS
    Posted 11-14-2019 12:15

Hi Anagha - 

Unfortunately, Supervisors can only view/display skill set information for agents within ICBM.  In later releases, the functionality was added to view both proficiency and desire to use settings.  But to actually manage, that functionality isn't there.

More history of this feature can be found here:

https://pureconnect.ideas.aha.io/ideas/COPLA-I-4

Ideally, this will be added to Interaction Connect, and those with appropriate permissions will be able to manage skills from that application.  But I don't believe that is on the official roadmap yet. 

Thanks,
    Trent.

• 5.  RE: how to Manage the Skills from ICBM?

Posted 11-22-2019 11:30
    Thank you Trent!

Anagha Chandere
    Southwest Business Corp.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources