PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Activate or Deactivate a workgroup through Handler

Posted 09-18-2019 09:45
    Hi, 

Is there any tool/Handler or way we can activate/deactivate a workgroup through Handlers?

Use case: 

In case of emergency a particular workgroup should be deactivated. 

#Handlers

------------------------------
    Raghav Gupta

• 2.  RE: Activate or Deactivate a workgroup through Handler

Posted 09-18-2019 10:07
    Hi Raghav,

I guess you want to stop Interactions from being delivered to workgroup(s) if there is an emergency.
    We have implemented this using attendant, where we have an emergency profile, that will be activated based on logic like an attribute (emergency) is set and it will play a message to the customer and ask them to either call-back or leave a message.
    The attribute can set by different methods, but we use a combination of structured parameters, handlers, and attendant profiles to toggle the emergency switch. This can be done for whole call-centre or specific lines/workgroups.

Regards

Vineet Kakroo
    FIL Investment Management Ltd

• 3.  RE: Activate or Deactivate a workgroup through Handler

Posted 09-19-2019 06:24

Hi Raghav,

I don't think any such case like activate/deactivate a work-group, but you can activate/deactivate a agent in a work-group.

In case of emergency below logic you can try,

Step 1 : Emergency case store in any variable.
    Step 2 : Check True/false condition.
    Step 3 : If it is true before call transferring change the work-group name to which you would like to transfer. Ex : Workgroup Queue : XYZ in attributes. 

So that call will be transferred to your desired work-group.

Thanks.

Venkoba Adeshappa
    Philips Electronics North America

• 4.  RE: Activate or Deactivate a workgroup through Handler

Posted 09-19-2019 09:57
    Raghav,

I think your best option would be to use an attendant schedule for this. If maybe you are all in handler and don't use attendant you could set the workgroups to custom and then add logic in CustomIVRWorkgroupQueue that if some structured parameter, IA table, or server parameter is set in a specific way to not allow the call to initiate ACD processing. Keep in mind that if you change the ACD workgroup to custom then you have to initiate the ACD processing for calls that should go to queue. Remember too that you should figure out what you are going to do with these calls, depending on requirements simply hanging up on the caller may not be ideal.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 5.  RE: Activate or Deactivate a workgroup through Handler

Posted 09-19-2019 13:49
    I'm afraid you will need to provide more background information.

1. I am assuming that you simply want to prevent interactions entering its queue during emergencies?
    2. What about interactions already in the queue?
    3. Is this just one Workgroup, or several?
    4. How are you setting of the process that puts the system in an Emergency state?
    5. How are interactions entering the queue in the first place?
    6. What should happen to interactions that try to enter the queue?

Assuming this is all about Attendant, then your best bet is to create an Unplanned Schedule. This is exactly what it is for. You create a different menu structure (which does not offer options to enter the "deacativated" workgroups, and possibly plays messages to callers indicating the emergency status. It is possible to then switch the unplanned schedule on with a Handler (I believe) althogh whether you would want to do it this way depends on your answer to question 4.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources