PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Interaction Connect / Interaction desktop Client

Posted 11-16-2020 03:12

Dear Community

I am testing the Interaction Connect Client at present.
    but  when I start and log on in  Interaction desktop Client and use Sip Soft Phone as a wks, the SSP is starting by itself and is up and running .
    (as long as the SSP was provisioned one time)
    When I start and log on in Interaction connect Client and use Sip Soft Phone as a wks the SSP is not up and ready. I have to re- start the registration process. 
    Any recommandation  how to change that process, makes it easier to handle for Agents?

best regards
    Horst

#SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Horst Eppich
    Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH

• 2.  RE: Interaction Connect / Interaction desktop Client

Posted 11-16-2020 05:45
    Have you though about creating a rule that starts SSP automatically when the machine starts, I imagine this would make things easier for the agents.  After they have logged in for the first time, the information is automatically saved in the browser.

Also, I believe you could achieve this with a small script, that you could place on the desktop, and instruct the agents to start Interaction Connect from there.  The script would then run the SSP, and then open the browser to Interaction Connect.

Egill Palsson
    Advania Sverige AB

• 3.  RE: Interaction Connect / Interaction desktop Client

Posted 11-17-2020 02:26
    ​Thanks for reply,
    Sure idea is that SSP starts automatically when the machine starts but if so the network adapter should be considered, Agents could work form home (VPN) in the campus with Ethernet or WIFI..
    how can I create a rule ?
    Yes I agree an additional script might be an option but on the other side additional "doing" for the Agents pretty sure some might be able to handle some not.
    I prefer sometehing like skype..you start it and everything is ready...that is what our costumer expects.
    Some Agents missing the "toast" pops not up, any idea ?
    best regards
    Horst

Horst Eppich
    Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH

• 4.  RE: Interaction Connect / Interaction desktop Client

Posted 11-17-2020 07:27
    There are various ways of doing this depending on your type of VPN for example.  You have a lot of parameters to choose from and use in this regard.

But you could use TaskScheduler to create a VPN connection as soon as the machine starts.
    https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/12444-task-scheduler-create-new-task.html

Then you could use the same program to start the SSP, or even just use GroupPolicy
    "Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Logon\Run These Programs at User Logon"

Egill Palsson
    Advania Sverige AB

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources