PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

How to retrieve Agent Location and best place Customization point) to do it.

• 1.  How to retrieve Agent Location and best place Customization point) to do it.

Posted 08-21-2019 13:52
    Hello team,

Under users> configuration tab>  there is a Location filed that we can <g class="gr_ gr_24 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar multiReplace" id="24" data-gr-id="24">assigns</g> a location created under <g class="gr_ gr_23 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar only-ins replaceWithoutSep" id="23" data-gr-id="23">regionalization</g> section to users. Oddly enough there is are no reporting available for this important filed.  

<g class="gr_ gr_85 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" id="85" data-gr-id="85">also</g> <g class="gr_ gr_76 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar only-ins replaceWithoutSep" id="76" data-gr-id="76">location</g> is not an available <g class="gr_ gr_172 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" id="172" data-gr-id="172">attibute</g> of the interactions.<g class="gr_ gr_236 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Style replaceWithoutSep" id="236" data-gr-id="236"> I</g> think I need to add the location <g class="gr_ gr_28 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Style multiReplace" id="28" data-gr-id="28">manually  to</g> an attribute that can be later added to custom reporting fields. My question is if anyone knows the tool I can use to retrieve the agent locations and what is the best customization point to use in designer to do that?

Any help will be appreciated.

#Handlers

------------------------------
    Kamyar Yazdani
    Aria Solutions

• 2.  RE: How to retrieve Agent Location and best place Customization point) to do it.
    Best Answer

Posted 08-21-2019 13:58
    The location field is available in directory services as an attribute of the User named "Location".  If the attribute isn't present on the user, they are in the default location.  This means you should be able to retrieve this value with handlers once you have identified your user via a directory services lookup.

As to where you perform this lookup, it sort of depends on what information you want to capture.  ACD post alert would give you an interaction that has been accepted by an agent, but you have to decide what you want to do if they transfer the call.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah

• 3.  RE: How to retrieve Agent Location and best place Customization point) to do it.

Posted 08-21-2019 14:36

Hi Arron,
    Thank you for the info. very useful. I am not very familiar with DS tools. would I use the lookup tool? ACD post alert that you suggested <g class="gr_ gr_236 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_disable_anim_appear Grammar multiReplace" id="236" data-gr-id="236">have</g> a p_sAgentQueueId. can I used that in the lookup tool?
    something like this?

Key Type:"User"
    Search Attribute Type:"Queue Identifier"
    Value to use in search:p_sAgentQueueId
    Perform leading substring comparison?<g class="gr_ gr_462 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Style replaceWithoutSep" id="462" data-gr-id="462">:true</g>
    Perform case insensitive comparison?<g class="gr_ gr_463 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Style replaceWithoutSep" id="463" data-gr-id="463">:true</g>
    Compare based on Keypad Mappings?<g class="gr_ gr_464 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Style replaceWithoutSep" id="464" data-gr-id="464">:false</g>
    Attribute type:"Location"

Kamyar Yazdani
    Aria Solutions

• 4.  RE: How to retrieve Agent Location and best place Customization point) to do it.

Posted 08-21-2019 14:42
    You'd want to use the System tool "Get Ds Attr".  I'd recommend looking at the help page for the tool as it provides insight into how to retrieve some paths that will be helpful.  Also, if you aren't aware, on the server itself, you can run "dseditu" to bring up a UI for the directory services structure so you can explore it and see the attributes available under each container.

If you have the user queue, you'd just need to trim that to just be the agent's username.  This is likely going to take a little trial and error in your development environment to get exactly what you want.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah

• 5.  RE: How to retrieve Agent Location and best place Customization point) to do it.

Posted 08-21-2019 15:05
    oh very nice, I will give it a try, I had no idea about the dseditu command. very useful.

Kamyar Yazdani
    Aria Solutions

• 6.  RE: How to retrieve Agent Location and best place Customization point) to do it.

Posted 08-23-2019 09:36
    Kamyar,

You should probably use the lookup tool for this location value instead of GetDSAttr. This is in the help file from GetDSAttr:

This System tool retrieves data from an attribute in a key in CIC's Directory Services (DS). You should use GetDSAttr when you can't retrieve the value with the Lookup tool. While the Lookup tool can only retrieve values from certain predefined keys, GetDSAttr can retrieve values from all keys, including keys you have created yourself. GetDSAttr cannot return any value in your registry, only those within HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Interactive Intelligence\CIC\Directory Services\Root.

The lookup tool will allow you to get location, the example you have above should work. I don't know why Genesys suggests GetDSAttr should not be used but I suspect perhaps the lookup items are less intensive to the system than using GetDSAttr.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 7.  RE: How to retrieve Agent Location and best place Customization point) to do it.

Posted 08-23-2019 15:23
    I ended up using Get Ds Attr and it worked well. I set the DSPath to "\\Gannett Dev\\Production\\Users\\" & SubstStr(p_sAgentQueueId, "User Queue:", "")
    getting location from user object are you recommending to use a lookup tool instead? 

I noticed if the location is not set for an agent (<Default Location>) nothing is returned. so something to keep in mind.
    I attached my CustomACDPostAlert.ihd in case someone was interested. 
    I

Kamyar Yazdani
    Aria Solutions

• 8.  RE: How to retrieve Agent Location and best place Customization point) to do it.

Posted 08-23-2019 11:16
    Edited by Paul Simpson 08-23-2019 11:16
    Locations (part of Regionalization) are mainly used to optimize performance across WAN links. Things like CODEC selection, Media Server selection, Outbound Line Group selection  and so on.

Basically, Locations refer to endpoints and devices, this is the reason an Interaction doesn't have a location as such. If you examine the Interaction to determine which line it arrived on, THAT would have a location ;-) (Oh, and that can be reported on using OOB functionality.)

HTH

Paul Simpson
    Senior Technical Instructor

• 9.  RE: How to retrieve Agent Location and best place Customization point) to do it.

Posted 08-23-2019 15:28
    Hi Paul,
    been a long time :) This client has big workgroups that have agents with different locations. ( you can also set location on user objects)  and they wanted to be able to see some kind of reports on activity per location. it is not a multi-site environment. so we thought this would work.

Kamyar Yazdani
    Aria Solutions

• 10.  RE: How to retrieve Agent Location and best place Customization point) to do it.

Posted 08-23-2019 17:28
    Hi Kamyar!
    Indeed....
    Anyway, I think I misunderstood your requirement. In your post, you mentioned not having "Location" as a Call Attribute, I was trying to explain you you can derive it, if needed ;-)

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources