PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Outbound concept

Posted 04-20-2021 10:09
    Hello everybody,

I'd like you to explain of outbound concept in PureConnect. Because I'm new in this topic.

As I read docu, there can be just one mode active at one time. Manual or Automatic.

If customer need to switch between modes, one need two license files and based on requirement load appropriate one.

E.g. if one want to call records from campaign manually, before running campaign need to load license file

with 3_FEATURE_MANUAL_CALL_ONLY_SERVER license.

if one want to call records from campaign in predictive mode, before running campaign need to load license file

without 3_FEATURE_MANUAL_CALL_ONLY_SERVER license.

Is my meaning correct? Or there is any workaround to have just one license file and switch between modes somehow?

Thank you very much for explanation

Best regards

Pavel

#AskMeAnything(AMA)
    #Outbound

------------------------------
    Pavel Broska
    Alcasys Slovakia a.s

• 2.  RE: Outbound concept

GENESYS
    Posted 04-20-2021 11:46

Hi Pavel,

Manual and Automatic refer to the ability to use schedules to determine when a campaign is on or off. Once a schedule has been created and attached to the campaign, turning the campaign to automatic will allow the campaign to automatically move the campaign from off to on/scheduled calls per the schedule configuration. You may also manually turn a campaign on or off through IA/ICBM without the use of a schedule.

The different feature licenses (I3_FEATURE_MANUAL_CALL_ONLY_SERVER or I3_FEATURE_DIALER_BASE andI3_FEATURE_DIALER_ADVANCED)  determine if the server can dial predictively(DIALERBASE/ADVANCED) or not(MANUAL_CALL_ONLY). It's important to note that applying the manual call only server license turns the Outbound Dialing Server(ODS) to a Manual Call Server(MCS). Once a server becomes an MCS server, it cannot be turned back to an ODS server.  An MCS can only dial preview campaigns(no predictive functionality). An ODS can Dialer predictive, power, and preview campaigns. 

I hope that helps!
    Eric

Eric Berkshire
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources