PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  IceLib error creating a session

Posted 08-24-2020 17:16
    Hi, 

I'm working on an add in for Interaction Desktop using IceLib. When I create a session (session = new Session();) I get the following error.

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you

#Implementation
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Sean McGrath
    Avtex Solutions, LLC

• 2.  RE: IceLib error creating a session

Posted 08-26-2020 13:12
    Sean,

Client Tap add-ins do not work the same way as "regular" ICELib applications.

Instead of instantiating a Session Object, you are passed an IServiceProvider object in the constructor for the main add-in object. You can then use this to get things like Queue information.

Can you explain what you are trying to achieve and we may be able to provide more detail...

• 3.  RE: IceLib error creating a session

Posted 08-28-2020 08:38
    Hi Paul. Thanks for responding. I have since gone the route you noted above doing the following:

_session = serviceProvider.GetService(typeof(Session)) as Session;

But it's returning null.

What I'm looking to achieve is to use the session to get some details of the logged in user and station and then use that to pull some details out of the interaction summary table.

Thank you.

Sean McGrath
    Avtex Solutions, LLC

• 4.  RE: IceLib error creating a session
    Best Answer

Posted 08-31-2020 17:19
    Hi Sean,

OK, so from the Client Add In Quick Reference:

In order to be able to use the Session, you must have the IceLib license I3_FEATURE_ICELIB_SDK. Inside your Add-In, you have access to the IServiceProvider and as long as you have the IceLib license, you can get the session out of the service provider.

protected override void OnLoad(IServiceProvider serviceProvider) { var session = (Session)serviceProvider.GetService(typeof(Session)); }
    Make sure that in your visual studio project that you are NOT copying the IceLib dlls
    to the Addins folder. Doing so will cause a duplicate, and possibly different version of the dlls from what the client uses and can cause the .GetService method call to return null.

So, I can only assume that either you are calling at the wrong time, you don't have the IceLIB license, or you are accidentally copying the dlls and they're an incorrect version.

HTH

• 5.  RE: IceLib error creating a session

Posted 09-09-2020 08:13
    Hi Paul, 

Sorry for the delayed response. I have the IceLib license so I'll check on the other items you noted. Thanks for your help. 

Regards.

Sean McGrath
    Avtex Solutions, LLC

• 6.  RE: IceLib error creating a session

Posted 09-16-2020 09:29
    Hi Paul, 

IceLib dlls in the addins folder was the problem. Thank you for your help. 

Regards.

Sean McGrath
    Avtex Solutions, LLC

• 7.  RE: IceLib error creating a session

Posted 09-16-2020 20:06
    I'm glad you were able to resolve the issue!

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources