PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Interaction Desktop - Templates Question

Posted 07-14-2020 09:34
    Hello - 

I have an open question pertaining to templates in Interaction Desktop.  How "static" or "dynamic" are the templates currently?  

Example: An agent is given limited access to certain views, but can the agent re-arrange the views, or do they remain static based on the template design?

I know that templates is something that is being worked on for Interaction Connect (which we are using as a cloud customer).  I do see a significant benefit to having this feature, but if the views are too locked down, I can see this being viewed as a detriment to the functionality.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated - Thanks!
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #Roadmap/NewFeatures

------------------------------
    Barry Farrington
    PureConnect Cloud Administrator
    FedPoint
    fedpointusa.com

• 2.  RE: Interaction Desktop - Templates Question

Posted 07-14-2020 09:39
    Templates just provide the base starting point you want for all of your agents.  Their permissions will determine what they can do beyond that as far as adding other views, changing views.  If you only want your agents to be have the template and nothing else, limit that with permissions and possibly remove the customize client security right.

You should experiment with this a bit to see if this will give you the desired effect(s) before rolling anything out, though.

AARON LAEL
    State of Utah

• 3.  RE: Interaction Desktop - Templates Question

Posted 07-14-2020 09:45
    Hi Aaron - the issue right now is that we're on Interaction Connect, which does not support templates.  I know it's a future enhancement, but just wanted to understand how templates in desktop works today.

Barry Farrington
    PureConnect Cloud Administrator
    FedPoint
    fedpointusa.com

• 4.  RE: Interaction Desktop - Templates Question

Posted 07-14-2020 16:17
    A second consideration is the distinction between "Client Templates" and "Client Configuration Templates". It's very easy to get the two confused....

As @Aaron Laelsaid, Client Templates act more as a "Starting Point" or "Reset Point" (if you're a gamer, I guess a "Respawn Point"!!!) for the layout of the client. You have no ability to lock the client down with them.

Client configuration templates affect the client configuration dialog box and can be used both as an initial setting and as a method to lock certain settings.

My understanding (I may be wrong here) is that both will eventually be supported for Connect, but I have no information on timelines, I'm afraid.

HTH

• 5.  RE: Interaction Desktop - Templates Question

Posted 07-15-2020 12:13
    We usually disable the Customize Client right when an agent is new and push them a template that gives them what their job requires. We have call only agents that will obviously not have email and chat views in their template. Media 2 agents have a little more and Media 3 get a little more in their template. Once they are familiar with Desktop we give them a bit of customization training and add the Customize Client right. When they get the right we explain that if you mess it up, we aren't going to get it set back up the way you like it, we are just going to re-push the base template and you have to re-customize. But to Aaron's point you either have the right or not, it isn't real granular.

Alex

• 6.  RE: Interaction Desktop - Templates Question

Posted 07-20-2020 11:00
    I'd like to add this; client configurations also get saved within client templates, meaning to say, if you have a  certain check box checked off in your client configuration when you save a template, that configuration will be set for the agent when you push out that template to them, I'm not sure if that'll override the Client Configuration Template or the other way around if there's a conflict, but client configuration within the client template definitely takes affect, so keep that in mind, we learned this the hard way... :)

Eliezer Stekel

• 7.  RE: Interaction Desktop - Templates Question

Posted 07-20-2020 18:12
    HI Eliezer!

That, I wasn't aware of, but it's good to know!

Thank you.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources