PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Genesys Support - Issues

• 1.  Genesys Support - Issues

Posted 11-11-2020 03:17
    Hey everyone, 

Has anyone here noticed a massive decrese in Genesys support times in the last 1-2 months?

I have a couple of tickets with them, two of which I just closed myself because I had not gotten any response for two weeks, despite asking for updates, and it not being overly complicated tickets either, because I managed to find workarounds myself.

It feels like something has changed drastically and for the worse!  Since I started using support in 2013, I have always gotten very fast replys to all my tickets and inquiries, and usually from the same group of names.  But now, it is all new names, and very slow response times.

Just wondering if anyone here has been seeing the same thing happen?
    #AskMeAnything(AMA)

------------------------------
    Egill Palsson
    Advania Sverige AB

• 2.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

Posted 11-11-2020 03:40
    Hi Egill,

I agree with you as I have had very similar experience with Genesys support for the last few months. I have been chasing on updates etc and it takes days to respond and then too the response is not precise to the question and we have to ask more questions.

Regards

Vineet Kakroo
    FIL Investment Management Ltd

• 3.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

Posted 11-11-2020 03:48
    Ok, thanks for the reply,  in a way I am relieved to see it is not just me :(  But this is really not good.

Egill Palsson
    Advania Sverige AB

• 4.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

Posted 11-11-2020 04:16
    I just got an answer to my complaint with Genesys, and it looks like this change is here to stay :(

As a part of the agreement, Infosys will position Genesys contact center solutions as its lead customer experience offering. In addition, Infosys will leverage and support R&D, Cloud operations, and product support for Genesys PureConnect™, while Genesys will retain and manage sales, marketing, customer success, partner success and technical account management, professional services and education functions for this solution."

Egill Palsson
    Advania Sverige AB

• 5.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

Posted 11-11-2020 04:19
      |   view attached
    Here is the offical announcement!

Egill Palsson
    Advania Sverige AB

Attachment(s)

• 6.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

Posted 11-11-2020 09:24
    I too have had the same experience just this past week.  The tech kept asking for "logs" and I would ask "which logs" and they would respond with "logs".  Terrible...

Andrew Wooster
    Genesco Inc.

• 7.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

Posted 12-10-2020 01:30
    Same here, engineer responded to my ticket with the wrong information after I have provided all the requested logs.

And followed up for 3 weeks straight only to be told that the engineer is now doing research on the ticket.

And worst part, escalating these tickets does not help anymore. Support is in an appalling state and something needs to be done urgently.

Mpho Mashau
    Pivotal Data (Pty) Ltd

• 8.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

Posted 11-12-2020 03:22
    Hi
    I think it safe to say that this transfer to Infosys has not gone well. 

Response times, quality of response and time to resolution have all gone out of the window.

Not a happy customer.

Simon Oakes

• 9.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

Posted 11-12-2020 07:55
    Just adding another log to the fire here, the last support incident I submitted was asking a question about station connection timeouts, and the agent immediately asked for logs and could not clarify what logs they wanted or even point me to one of the basic triage articles.

The fact that Genesys feels it is appropriate that the loyal/paying customers must suffer in this transition is unacceptable.  Per that PDF that was shared, it looks like InfoSys is handing the "R&D" for the platform as well.  It would be great to know what the last version of PureConnect + patch was before this transition, because I do not have a lot of faith in the revisions under the new agreement.

AARON LAEL
    State of Utah

• 10.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

Posted 11-12-2020 12:56
    @Aaron Lael, we are currently working with station connection timeouts issue.  We are seeing Polycom Desk phone/SIP Softphone of remote agents get "disconnected" after some idle times. In summary, we adjusted the SIP Register Interval to be shorter with the idle timeout that has been disconnecting the phones. We are now monitoring the CIC server resources to see if there is an impact after the SIP Register Interval adjustment.  I am wondering if you get any traction or solution on your issue from Genesys.​

-Sanjaya
    Sutter Health

Sanjaya

• 11.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

Posted 11-12-2020 12:58
    Sorry if I added to any confusion, my question was just about the timeout of setting up station connections when using remote number.  Sorry, it wasn't applicable to your issue.

AARON LAEL
    State of Utah

• 12.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

Posted 11-12-2020 13:29
    It is not the same issue that we are troubleshooting.  Thank you for the reply.

Sanjaya

• 13.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

Posted 11-13-2020 07:23
    Astute is one of the original I3 Partners. I've been working with CIC since 1.2.
    Never have I seen the failing of Support like I see now.

I have always been a champion for CIC. But honestly, the fact that I don't have anyone there to cover my back when I need it makes me think twice before recommending the product. I don't like exposing myself to failure when their support is failing me.

Wayne Rhodeback
    Astute, Inc.

• 14.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

Posted 11-13-2020 08:58
    Echoing the sentiment of Aaron and not wanting to throw more logs on the fire, but has anyone had an issue with support being in another time zone? I get tickets that seem to not get updated until after hours (my time) and I cant seem to catch the tech assigned to talk to them live. If i try and get another tech it seems all they can do is send an internal note to the primary, they do not attempt to resolve a thing themselves.

Alex

• 15.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

Posted 11-13-2020 09:40
    Yes, I have seen this problem occasionally in my tickets, but at least you usually get any kind of reaction within 24 hours. 

Also I think with this new arrangement, support will now be operating ONLY in India, which means, time delays due to timezone difference are here to stay :(

Egill Palsson
    Advania Sverige AB

• 16.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

Posted 11-13-2020 09:48
    Hey @Wayne Rhodeback I am with you.  Suddenly it is like all the security we currently have with support is just ripped away, I too am worried what will happen if we run into any kind of incident with the system.  Because based on what we have been seeing in the past few weeks, things really bad. And I am currently doing a new implementation of PureConnect :( 

If this is their way of Forcing everyone to the Cloud, I don't think it is going to work.  This goes to show that they will simply roll all over you as a customer, and you have no say in the matter.  So I will probably be exploring other cloud solutions when it comes to it :(

Egill Palsson
    Advania Sverige AB

• 17.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

Posted 11-13-2020 10:24
    Another Telecom Group i am a member of was contacted by Genesys to ask why more PureConnect Customer were not moving to Genesys Cloud. With that and this move of offloading PureConnect i would have to agree with @Egill Pálsson think this is an attempt to push the PureConnect "Hold outs" ​off the system ​.

My CEO and CIO have not ben happy with Genesys finding many of there stances, Downsizing fee and big support increases, less then customer friendly. This will probably put the nail in the coffin for Genesys and have us look else where for a new system as well. If we do go cloud, it will not be with Genesys.

In the meantime, people that are having support problems, might look at going with a Gold partner. They have Escalation Paths they can take which can greatly help support. We Recently had to escalate a ticket i had and it got over to a Genesys Engineer which was able to resolve our issues quickly.

Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

• 18.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

Posted 12-16-2020 04:00
    Yes, I have faced this issue with my recent active case.

Its really shocking that the support is on this level.

Mohammed

• 19.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

Posted 12-16-2020 04:15
    Does anyone have information about the hours that the InfoSys engineers are working? If they are also working from 9AM till 5PM in India, there is only a 2hours and 30 minutes overlap with the business hours in our timezone. Previously when Genesys or we asked something ,there was an overlap of 8 hours as the support was within the same timezone.

Dieter Wijnen
    Telenet BVBA

• 20.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

Posted 11-13-2020 11:23
    I agree Pure Connect Support has declined dramatically, directly coinciding with the InfoSys development.
    I have been a "Die Hard"  Interactive Intelligence CIC evangelist,   since deploying CIC 2001.  We began as a Direct customer, but in the early days ININ support was weak, then for a period of time many direct customers tier 1&2 support issues were outsourced to Alliance Systems of Plano Texas, that improved significantly, but as that relationship evolved support declined,  out of frustration we converted from "Direct" to "In-Direct" we had  a great little partner based out of Wisconsin, but as "Big Bad Genesys" changes continued many of the Smaller partners have been forced to sell off there Genesys Business, or be acquired, most of which have gone to Avtech.
    As Dr, Brown began the PureCloud product hundreds of ININ staff were reassigned to PureCloud, and support suffered tremendously!  But after time improved again, than a year or so before the Genesys acquisition, I watched dozens and dozens of key,  long time staff leave ININ, like lemmings to the sea!  I new changes were a brewing.  Once again support took a hit.  After the acquisition, support began to improve,  and until recent support was pretty good!   I am now in a new role at a much larger company, that has been a CIC customer since the CIC 1.2 days!  We still have a bit of clout with Genesys, we are a direct customer.  Tickets now are slow and communication is horrible, it is obvious by the tech's names, their poor English skills, and several chats where the rep has explicitly stated they are in India.  I agree with others here, most of the techs have little or no knowledge!   I have gone thru our Genesys account rep to escalate a few tickets, the last after a ticket was not even acknowledged after 6 days, than using the chat feature inside of the ticket, I was told the case owner was on vacation for a week and nothing could be done!

Our Genesys Account Manager has provided us an email distribution list/address that is forwarded to 20+ key Genesys manager most of which are U.S. based,
    I have had great success with this.    I wish I could share it here, but we have been given very explicit instructions from Genesys not to share this address. 

It does seem very apparent that CIC's days are numbered!  Being a BPO of Contact Center services, I believe, at this time, there is no Cloud solution that will meet our needs.  Additionally analysys, by my current company, my past company and input from 2 different Genesys partners, the breakpoint for cost for CIC Premise and GenesysCloud(akak PureCloud)  is between 30 to 36 months, where premise becomes more economical.  

Doing my best to enjoy the roller coaster ride, and see what the future holds.....      maybe an open source solution.......

Pete Schroeder
    American Customer Care, Inc
    pschroeder@accare.com

• 21.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

GENESYS
    Posted 11-13-2020 18:05
    Edited by David Girard 11-13-2020 18:05

We greatly appreciate this feedback and it's a great way to communicate with us!  The partnership between Genesys and InfoSys is strategic for both companies and jointly we are committed to provide the highest levels of support for you, our Genesys partners and customers.  As part of this strategic partnership between our two companies, many of the senior level Customer Care support resources you've been working with for years, have become part of the InfoSys team.  They are and will be leveraged to continue supporting the Genesys PureConnect customer and partner base. 

If there are specific cases you'd like to escalate, that process remains the same.  Please use the following distro (CCPureConnectManagementAttention@genesys.com) to escalate your case to get visibility with the leadership team.  

Again, thank you for the feedback and we remain committed to working hard to give you the best support experience that we can.

Dave Girard
    VP, Customer Care
    Genesys - Employees

• 22.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

Posted 11-16-2020 06:32
    Thanks a lot for the input  @David Girard

It would be of comfort for many of us to know ​when you expect to be running support at the same level as before?  Because as you can see, many of us are quite worried.

Also, basically all tickets I have had with you over the years, excluding a few, have usually gotten quick replies and have been one of the biggest and easiest selling points for me and many of our customers.

Do you suggest we escalate all tickets that don't receive a reply other than "Thank I will be looking into that case for you....... etc", and then nothing for a couple of days?  Usually we get straight away, which logs are needed and what we need to provide to support, but I feel we are being led on by the lack of communication from you guys.

At least just tell us that the transition did not go that well and it is taking a MUCH longer time to get it up and running again.  I think we deserve to get truthful answers from Genesys at this point.  Because for the price tag being put on the solution, the lack of response and even having to specifically escalate normal tickets is really a weird thing.  At least if support is to suffer in the horrible way it is doing, you should at least be doing something to compensate the customers who are relying on the continued support and assistance from Genesys.

Egill Palsson
    Advania Sverige AB

• 23.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

Posted 12-09-2020 04:12
    Hello Dave,

I don't think there is any point in escalating almost every PureConnect ticket that we have created. We are not only facing a very slow response from the PureConnect support, but once we get one, the quality of the answer is very low. The logs aren't even being analyzed as they should. Just a filter on error and the error is copied over to the case as an answer. 

You mention that may of the sensior level customer case support resources have become part of the InfoSys team, but I'm seeing that almost all resources that I've worked before with are now working on the Genesys Cloud team. I think most partners already see what the future of PureConnect will become, just no statement from Genesys yet to confirm this.

Kind regards,

Dieter Wijnen

Dieter Wijnen
    Telenet BVBA

• 24.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

Posted 12-09-2020 14:53
    I just had a wonderful :( experience with support.  Told by tech to delete server parameter which according to the CIC Server Parameters TR doc

"DO NOT MODIFY THIS PARAMETER THROUGH INTERACTION ADMINISTRATOR" 

Tried to chat, 1st chat disconnected by the agent without saying a word, 2nd chat was told to "CHILL" by the tech.  I just want to point out here that I was not irate in any way with this tech, no idea why he told me this.

Then decided to call, 5 times, on the first 4 calls there was a terrible echo and the tech couldn't hear me.  5th call had a good connection but the tech told me to wait until the case owner came back to work, he was off for the day.  So it seems more and more that being a direct PureConnect customer is not the way to go.  I guess this is Genesys' way of telling us to move to the cloud or basically get 0 support...

Andrew Wooster
    Genesco Inc.

• 25.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

Posted 12-09-2020 16:11
    AS far as support goes, things just seem to be getting worse and worse!

In regards to the escalation distribution email address, I have found/connected many of the recipients of the distro list on LinkedIn of those many have updated their profile to show they are now employees of InfoSys, and several are actively looking for a new job.  Not a good sign!

Similar to when Genesys first acquired ININ many senior key people left, many of the key ININ staff went to https://sharpencx.com/ and others to  competitors of Genesys/ININ

We can not operate like this for any extended period of time!

At this point I would much prefer that Genesys notify us that PureConnect is going away and we can begin the process of finding a new platform!  

My comments do NOT reflect that of my company, but my personal observations, as experienced customer working with the CIC/PureConnect product for 20 years.   But my observations will be clearly communicated to the decision makers!

Pete Schroeder
    American Customer Care, Inc
    pschroeder@accare.com

• 26.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

Posted 12-09-2020 17:44
    I have had a ticket open since 11/10. All I want to resolve is why are two Media Servers not applying the the correct DSCP markings on the outbound RTP streams. I was told to get the "Big 4" logs. Why?

I sent a packet capture from a Media Server showing the markings weren't applied.
    I received the following on 11/17:
    "Okay, thank you for letting us know but I think, if it will alright with you... can we investigate a failing call so we can determine what is causing the issue because we can't just provide resolution, without looking at it, I hope you understand.".

On 11/27, I received:

Initially, may we know on which device did you capture the packets.

Then, if I understand it correctly, you said that it was already fixed - what did you change?

After the issue had been resolved, have you tried to run the packet capture again it the same device and could you confirm if the dscp tagging also changed.

I didn't say it was fixed. I don't have any idea where that came from!

Six days ago, I receive:

Would it be possible to test a new call and capture from a gateway and a media server. We just want to compare and see if the issue already persist in the gateway before it reaches the media server.

I don't have access to the SIP Gateway. But the capture from the Media Server I supplied shows EF on the packets from the gateway, and CS0 outbound to the Gateway.

I give up! I don't know what to do anymore. I run into issues with other things, and I don't event want to contact Support anymore.
    I've been doing a lot of work in Amazon Connect lately, and though it's no PureConnect by any means, their support is stellar!

Wayne Rhodeback
    Astute, Inc.

• 27.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

GENESYS
    Posted 12-10-2020 02:45
    Wayne, you may have already looked at this, but wanted to point it out.  DSCP settings for the media server are mentioned on page 87 of the tech ref.  https://help.genesys.com/pureconnect/mergedprojects/wh_tr/desktop/pdfs/media_server_tr.pdf

There is a "NOTE:" section
    If Interaction Media Server detects different DSCP values between received and transmitted RTP packets, it writes a warning in
    the Event Log of the host Windows server. This feature is available only if Interaction Media Server uses the PureConnect QoS
    driver, which is installed by default. This feature is not available with Windows Policy-based QoS.

• Is this a packaged Media Server or software only installed on your own hardware? 
    • Have you verified the PureConnect QoS driver is installed? 
    • Do you see warnings in the Windows Event Log?  (complaining about DCSP?)  

While you are double checking QoS settings.  I would also verify you have these two values set.  Should be specified regardless, but likely to be relevant if there are multiple NICs:
    "RtpAddressLocal": IP address that Interaction Media Server uses for RTP audio processing.
    "RtpAddressLocalMask": Subnet mask for the IP address that you specified in the RttpAddressLocal box

Sorry if you have already done all this.  Just trying to help.

Drew Drew Bisson
    Genesys - Employees

• 28.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

Posted 12-11-2020 05:53
    Hello to everyone.
    Expect of details of my own frustration how the things with support goes this days, in general I have a same thoughts and feelings here emphasize by  @Egill Pálsson @Wayne Rhodeback​​ @Peter Schroeder @Dieter Wijnen and all of you.

And I do not feel any relief realizing that situations is the same for all of us, just confirmation that I'm not getting paranoid. Unfortunately it's the sad truth how this product is treated, although I also believe, like someone here already wrote, that selling of the PureConnect and additional licenses are still in high demand.

Regards
    ​​

Раско Радојевић
    Rasko Radojevic

• 29.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

GENESYS
    Posted 12-11-2020 14:11
    Andrew.  First off, let me say that I agree this is absolutely unacceptable and we have taken immediate actions with that Engineer.  I want to express my since apology, and this is definitely NOT the Customer Care experience we thrive to offer and have taken swift, appropriate actions with this individual.    

Dave Girard
    Genesys - Employees

• 30.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

Posted 12-10-2020 12:13
    Edited by Eliezer Stekel 12-10-2020 12:20
    Hi,

Guess I'll add my 2 cents on this topic.

In the recent weeks I reached out to Genesys support twice, once the issue was about stats in ICBM getting stuck and not updating, the other issue was more complex, both times I felt like the engineer had no clue what I was talking about, after explaining over the phone (on a very bad connection to an engineer who was clearly struggled with understanding me) our issue with ICBM stats which should be very basic to anyone familiar with PureConnect, I got the first update to the ticket a few hours later asking me to explain the issue in detail.... not sure what detailed explanation other than the stats aren't moving might be needed to understand this issue, horrible experience.

Is it only me, or does anyone else get the feeling that Genesys made a conscious decision to treat PureConnect and it's users like a step child they can't wait to move out of the house?

Are they expecting us to move over to PureCloud simply because they see more of a future (businesswise) in cloud vs. on-premise?

To me the route they're taking makes no sense, especially when rumors are that in 2019 they sold more PureConnect than anything else.

Eliezer Stekel

• 31.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

GENESYS
    Posted 12-10-2020 14:38
    Genesys is definitely committed to continuing to improve and support PureConnect.  I do recognize a recent impact to Care.  Those concerns and the experience from our customers is recognized and we have a very solid plan to improve so as to consistently provide the quality and responsiveness our PureConnect customers are accustom to (and to improve beyond our previous bests).  I am not an official spokes person, but I have been around for quite a while (16 years).  I am just trying to share my perspective and reassure where I can that what you have seen recently is not the new normal.  I think the candid feedback in this thread is valuable, and I assure you it has been heard and great priority and focus is being applied.  I am confident over the next several weeks customers are going to see early improvements and in another month or two I think folks will have restored confidence and feel escalating to be less necessary.

Drew Drew Bisson
    Genesys - Employees

• 32.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

Posted 12-10-2020 15:13
    Eliezer, I've been noticing for some time that SessionManager seems to cache things excessively. I've been able to fix stuck stats in ICBM by bouncing SessionManager, or performing a Switchover.

I've had instances where I would add a queue column in Administrator, and add that column to ICBM's display. I would add a second queue column, and it doesn't appear in the list of columns in ICBM. Bounce SessionManager, and there it is.

I've had multiple times where a user's media type was changed, the user activated in another workgroup, but can't take the new media type. Put them back the way they were, and they're fixed. Bounce SessionManager, they're fixed.

I've had to this multiple times, even during peak hours. At lumber Liquidators, I've had 4 instances of changes to users that resulted in them unable to receive ACD calls. They're available and activated, but the ACDServer log says no available agents. Again, bounce SessionManager or switchover, and they're good. 

My theory is the caching isn't always reflecting reality, and there are no other ways to fix it other than SessionManger restart or SwitchOver.

Wayne Rhodeback
    Astute, Inc.

• 33.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

Posted 12-10-2020 15:42
    Wayne,

I can't comment on all of your issues, but relating to the Custom Queue Columns in ICBM, I have noticed that if they are created when ICBM is already running, they often don't actually show up until you restart ICBM. Slightly less drastic than bouncing SM or performing a Switchover!

This may, or may not solve it for you, of course.

HTH

• 34.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

Posted 12-10-2020 16:18
    Thanks @Wayne Rhodeback, we ended up doing a switchover that night and that solved it, then I closed the ticket with support... :)​

About adding custom columns, restarting ICBM usually solved that me.

Eliezer Stekel

• 35.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

Posted 12-11-2020 06:47
    We have exactly the same problem.

There are no replies to our critical cases and even escalation does not work anymore.

This is so far the worst level of support that I saw in my entire 20 years of experience with Genesys.

What makes things even worse is that Genesys started increasing yearly maintenance by 5% every year. We got customers who pay 22% YM and now they started asking 5% more making a total of 23,1%. There's more to it; next year they will ask for 5% more and so on.

Our customers say that:  While the support and new solutions are degraded in PureConnect the YM keeps increasing. There is no other competitor who asks for this much yearly maintenance and keeps increasing it.

We and our customers are really frustrated with what is currently happening. It is spoiling the trust and loyalty between us and our customers that took us years to build. Two of our customers have even started evaluating other on-prem solutions. We are slowly losing our control :(

Thanks,
    OKTAY KEMAL
    CCR

• 36.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

Posted 12-11-2020 11:44
    Edited by Abdullah Elsheikh 12-12-2020 09:28

Hi All,

We also face the same issue here, we always open the ticket as the last step after much internal work and troubleshooting,

so if the last step not useful and helpful this will impact on customer experience with Genesys at all, Also Customer pay high rate for Genesys as it's more stable and has very quick support,

Working with Genesys for many years and their support was great but not it's not, Hope Genesys checked this issue and solve it soon.

Best Regards
    Abdullah Elsheikh
    Hadef Information Technology Co.

• 37.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

GENESYS
    Posted 12-11-2020 16:24
    Edited by Guillaume Lardeux 12-11-2020 16:24

The PureConnect customer service that some of you have experienced recently fell short of our standards. I apologize for the frustration and dissatisfaction it produced. Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts about it here.

Rest assured Genesys remains committed to PureConnect and to the success of all our customers and partners. We are implementing remediation plans with all due speed. Although we already have taken appropriate actions to begin addressing your concerns we still have much to do. We will not rest until we restore the high level of service you deserve and regain your confidence in us.

Sincerely,

Guillaume Lardeux,
    SVP & GM, Genesys PureConnect

• 38.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

Posted 01-15-2021 16:52
    Guillaume, thank you for the response. I'm hopeful your words ring true soon. 

Thanks.

Corey Blosser
    Wolters Kluwer United States Inc., on behalf of its affiliate, CCH Incorporated

• 39.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

Posted 01-22-2021 09:25
    Well, it happened. I have a major problem and had to call Support.
    I have a customer whose system is suddenly ignoring DTMF. Nothing changed on the PureConnect side.
    After racking my brain for hours, I finally resorted to calling.

Today, 2 days later, I have not heard anything.
    Life's great in the new reality!

Wayne Rhodeback
    Astute, Inc.

• 40.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

GENESYS
    Posted 01-22-2021 10:05
    Edited by Drew Bisson 01-22-2021 10:09
    Wayne, you are a very experienced engineer, so if any of these ideas have already been examined and are too rudimentary, please don't take it wrong.  I know this is not your first rodeo.

Some things to check.  In the SIP messages is it RFC 2833 for DTMF?  In a packet capture do you see the traffic being delivered?  In TsServer, do you see the audiohub trace listening for digit?  Actually, to back up a second, in IP log do you see the toolsteps executing to get the digits?  Is this setup using VXML/ASR?

What are you doing to work around the problem right now?  Are Attendant profiles just going direct to queue?  (100% failure with no DTMF recognized.)

Is there a Dev CIC server in the environment and is it also having the same problem?  Also if you switchover, do both IC servers on the pair have the problem?  Same question with different media servers.  (Are there SIP lines and media servers in different regions with different carrier connections or one centralized location and PSTN connection, just to see if the problem is in one location/carrier or all.)

If you call out to an external 1800 number can you navigate it's IVR with DTMF (might validate that RFC2833 is right on both sides).

Lastly (shot in the dark) have you restarted everything (Media Servers and CIC Servers)?
    Maybe just as a test, create a new SIP line and try through it.  That's all I have off the top of my head.  If you and I can't figure it out, I am sure Care and/or R&D will and hopefully at that point it will have been worth the wait, though hopefully not, too long.

Drew Drew Bisson
    Chief Architect
    Genesys - Employees

• 41.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

Posted 01-25-2021 09:46
    I've checked everything.
    I've actually captured calls where DTMF doesn't work multiple times, then it takes and the caller enters their 15 digit affinity card number, and my handler returns their card balance correctly.
    I finally figured out the pattern. I can only get DTMF to work if I remove a prompt at the schedule level above the call flow. A prompt that has been there since the beginning of the COVID pandemic.
    That is how they are operating now. Take the prompt out, it's fine. Put the prompt in, it's broken.

Wayne Rhodeback
    Astute, Inc.

• 42.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

Posted 01-25-2021 15:50
    I opened my ticket January 20 at 10:33 AM.
    I updated the ticket on January 22 at 11:36 AM. I uploaded the big 4, and packet captures of calls.

It is now January 25 at 15:48 PM. I have not heard a single word from anyone. This is very near a system down, and I'm not receiving any support. 

Wayne Rhodeback
    Astute, Inc.

• 43.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

Posted 01-26-2021 10:03
    @Wayne Rhodeback

Genesys has put PureConnect customers in a bad spot so the best we can do is help each other and would suggest creating a new discussion about your issue​ to give it visibility to everybody, instead of buried in this thread. I am sure the collective body would be able to provide insight or suggestions. 

Thank you,

Scott Williams

• 44.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

Posted 01-27-2021 08:58
    Does anyone have any insight to determine if the support issues are also affecting customers on Cloud and Engage, or is PureConnect the true focal point of where the support impacts are being felt?  I would be very curious to know.

Barry Farrington
    PureConnect Cloud Administrator
    FedPoint
    fedpointusa.com

• 45.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

Posted 01-27-2021 14:53
    Well, after a week of waiting, Support finally asked a question about my ticket.
    I thought failing DTMF would warrant faster response than a week.

Wayne Rhodeback
    Astute, Inc.

• 46.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

GENESYS
    Posted 01-27-2021 16:22
    Didn't you have a work around identified?  It wasn't a week to respond to a Prod Down priority case, not that anyone wants to wait a week for any case response, but we severity definitely does affect triage and prioritization.  Prod down would have been phone calls and waiting on a case note update shouldn't really apply.  If it were a prod down emergency, I am certain Care would work immediately to recover the issue to ensure the business could take and receive calls. 

I know there has been many additional resources brought in for PureConnect Care and from internal metrics we are seeing some signs of improvement of those efforts.  I expect it will still take some time to get back to the response and resolution time performance we would expect.  Shortly after that I expect we will exceed even our former performance.  I do hope Care is able to identify the root cause and resolve the prompt/dtmf issue quickly. 

Is there anything special about the prompt when you can reproduce the problem?  Is it 8bit, 8khz, mono .wav?  Any custom handlers where this is a sequence of plays where flush audio step might be an issue or extended get digit?  If this is normal Attendant OOTB functionality, it seems very strange.  I would perhaps try (as a test) swapping the prompt with an OOTB hold music or something to just isolate and rule out any .wav formatting issue.  I don't know why that would affect the DTMF detection, but if you have correlated the problem reliably to a prompt plan, changing that prompt would be something to try.

TsServer log should show both the play and then the listening for digits actions being added to the audio hub.  Curious if there are any errors or warnings around that.  Is this VXML/ASR/TTS, or just standard Attendant?

Hang in there, Wayne.  Our Care experience will get better.

Drew Drew Bisson
    Chief Architect
    Genesys - Employees

• 47.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

Posted 01-27-2021 17:05
    I started a new thread outside of here for better visibility:
    PureConnect

Wayne Rhodeback
    Astute, Inc.

• 48.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

Posted 02-03-2021 16:21
    Hello Egill,

I noticed a significant downturn in receiving appropriate technical support from Genesys Support.

Hopefully the level of service gets better.

Paolo Dela Cruz
    Hawaii Pacific Health

• 49.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

Posted 02-03-2021 21:25
    I opened a ticket with Support on 1/20, for a production system that was not responding to DTMF. 
    On 1/20, they responded with "thank you for contacting us".
    On 1/22, I uploaded the big 4 logs and packet captures of good and bad calls, without being requested to do so by Support.
    On 1/27, Support was trying to figure out the two different calls, which was good and which was bad.
    I explained the same day.
    On 1/28, the ticket was updated with "Thanks for the update, Please do allow us to add our Handlers team to look into the Case further."
    That was the last communication, as of 2/3.

Don't know how much bigger than DTMF failure the problem has to be to get a response.

Well, I just found out today that we're losing Lumber Liquidators as a PureConnect customer. They're moving to another phone system, but they didn't say what it is. They've been a CIC customer for 10+ years.

So now it begins.

Wayne Rhodeback
    Astute, Inc.

• 50.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

Posted 02-04-2021 03:09
    Edited by Dieter Wijnen 02-04-2021 03:11
    Hey Wayne,

The support is indeed still not at a level that is acceptable. Example, we log an issue with  support about a certain function (Currently our customer is not able to manage their users in ICBM. ) that is not working as expected in ICBM. 

27/01 - Case opened as High.
    27/01 - Update that we may receive a response within 24 hours.
    29/01 - As I still didn't receive a response I asked if the 24 hours where business hours or actual hours.
    31/01 - Request for a list of logs not including ICBM logs. They did request an interaction ID... This reply was on a Sunday at 11:30 PM my timezone.
    01/02 - Provided all the requested logs;
    03/02 - Request to provide again logs including ICBM this time. 

As this is taking too long I've analyzed the logs myself and I'll just provide support the analysis so that they can directly ask their development about the issue. As our team is now spending much more time to analyze logs ourselves and there is a large overhead in updating tickets to almost beg for an update from Genesys I hope Genesys will not increase the maintenance fee until their support is again at the level it once was.

Kind regards,

Dieter Wijnen

Dieter Wijnen
    Telenet BVBA

• 51.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

Posted 02-04-2021 03:53
    Hey Dieter,

Nowadays, PureConnect Support is a place that can provide you support if you can prove that you do not need it. :)

By the way, did you try contacting your Partner Success Manager for help?
    Well, we tried, many times indeed, and they usually reply in a week or two after sending multiple email reminders. Sometimes they even don't.

But honestly, don't bother as they won't be able to help you as well. In summary, all they say is "It is what it is".  I really wonder what's their job description as for sure it is not helping us the partners. It really looks cool to have their titles posted in PowerPoint slides, but unfortunately, so far they did not help us with any situation we faced. I hope our ship comes in before our dock rots.

Thanks,
    OKTAY KEMAL
    CCR

• 52.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

Posted 02-05-2021 12:16
    Dieter,

Have you checked for SCR IC-159341?  We have seen this issue at several customers and a patch update (Depending on release)

SCR: IC-159341
    Product: xIC
    Resolution: FITC
    Built in version: 2021r1, 2020r4 Patch 3, 2020r3 Patch 9
    Description: Non master administrators cannot delete objects from IA.
    Details: Addresses issue introduced to Admin Server that would incorrectly evaluate ACLs for administrative operations.

Blayne Mathieu
    Technical Account Manager

• 53.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

Posted 02-18-2021 07:30
    Hey Blayne,

This indeed solved the issue! Great! I was unable to find the SCR previously due to incorrect keywords that I used in my search. The customer was only impacted for managing users in ICBM by a none-administrator user, so searching on ICBM/users didn't provide a result. Did you open a case with support for this issue? Just wondering why we needed to collect logs 2 times (first time they didn't provide the entire list of what they actually needed) wait for two weeks to have the answer to the issue provided on the community forum.

kind regards,

Dieter Wijnen

Dieter Wijnen
    Telenet BVBA

• 54.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

Posted 02-05-2021 12:38
    @Dieter Wijnen

We just went through a renewal and the increase was 11% over last years. My CEO was not happy so now we are exploring other systems.

Scott Williams

• 55.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

Posted 02-18-2021 07:19
    It's now the 18th of February, and I still am right where I've been since January 20th. After a rather "forceful" update from me on the ticket February 9th, I received "My Sincere apologize on the delay in providing the update, we are checking with our handlers team internally and we are waiting for the response  from them, we will update you once we have an update from them. The inconvenience caused is deeply regretted." from Support on February 13th.

If it weren't for the fact that taking the prompt out of Attendant got it working, this customer would be gone! This customer who just this week, spent another $27,000 in new licenses!

Wayne Rhodeback
    Astute, Inc.

• 56.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

GENESYS
    Posted 02-19-2021 10:06
    Wayne, I'm reaching out to via email and am bringing in a member of our Customer Care management team so we can work to get this resolved for you.

Scott M. Thomas
    Genesys - Employees

• 57.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

GENESYS
    Posted 02-19-2021 12:22

Reading the posts above, it is clear the last few weeks have been frustrating for those who have not experienced the support they deserve and that remains unacceptable. Based on these posts, and information gathered from 1:1 conversations with several of you, we are making some systemic changes to improve your support experience – which is our #1 priority.

Scott Cravotta has recently been appointed to lead Customer Success and is manically focused on improving the support experience for our PureConnect customers and our hope is to earn back the confidence and trust you have placed in Genesys .

I have asked Scott and members of his Customer Success teams to share an introduction and update on details of their programs with this community.

Sincerely,

Guillaume Lardeux,

SVP & GM, Genesys PureConnect

Guillaume Lardeux
    Genesys - Employees

• 58.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

GENESYS
    Posted 02-23-2021 12:26

Thanks Guillaume for introducing me and hello everyone, I am really looking forward to working with you in my new role.

We're committed to restoring the trust you have placed in us and we're making key changes to address issues.  Since starting in my role leading Customer Success, I've been focused on getting this right for you. Here are a few of the many steps that we are taking to improve your experience:

1. A hyper focus on improving basic case management to improve first response times, shorten time to resolution and reduce the backlog.

2. Increasing the quantity of frontline support resources while also improving the proficiency of resources to increase the quality of our service.

3. Members of our Customer Success and Partner Success teams will take greater ownership of the company-wide resolution activities to assure you are supported as we continue our efforts to improve the support experience.

Members of my team are monitoring this thread and will be reaching out and offering assistance while also providing updates on our efforts.

I hope you will start to see improvements on our key measures each day; however, we know it will take time for you to experience all of the improvements we are making.

We are working hard to earn back the trust you've placed in us when you joined us as a customer or partner and we truly appreciate the partnership.

Sincerely,

Scott Cravotta,
    Executive Vice President, Genesys

Scott Cravotta
    Genesys - Employees

• 59.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

Posted 02-24-2021 14:49
    Edited by Daniel Brewer II 02-25-2021 06:49
    -------------------------

• 60.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

Posted 03-15-2021 12:34
    So this thread has been active for 5 months now, with comments all over world...I wonder if we should be glad or sad knowing that we're not the only ones that escalated the ticket 6 times and in three weeks of silence from all sources @ Genesys we just receive a GDPR consent question followed by more silence.

Hermina Cosic
    Frontline Solutions

• 61.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

GENESYS
    Posted 03-15-2021 12:58
    Hermina, I'm reaching out to via email and am bringing in a member of our Customer Care management team so we can work to get this resolved for you.

Scott M. Thomas
    Genesys - Employees

• 62.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

Posted 03-17-2021 11:47
    If this can help (but it can't), we had/have the same issues, same problems and same feelings... (and we are a very very long partner with Genesys/inIn)

Good luck

Sergio P
    Bizmatica Sistemi S.p.a.

• 63.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

GENESYS
    Posted 03-17-2021 12:13

Sergio,  Thank you for posting here in the community.  As has been shared by other members of the Genesys team we understand the frustration and appreciate the patience that our customers have shown as we are working each day to improve the situation.  If you have a specific care case that I could help with feel free to reach out to me at scott.m.thomas@genesys.com.  In my role as the Global Leader of our Partner Success Management team, we want to assure all of our partners are successful in working with our teams and I'm happy to help advocate for you.  I can also work with my regional leadership team and the Partner Success Manager for Bizmatica to assist as well and provide updates on what we are doing to improve.  

Regards.

Scott 

Scott M. Thomas
    Genesys - Employees

• 64.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

Posted 03-25-2021 09:16
    Edited by Matt Lawson 03-25-2021 09:23
    Since I am the creator of the very big thread, and since it was created about 3 months after I started seeing a huge decline in support, and  finally, since it has now been additional 4 months of crappy support I feel I need to address this again!

I mean no disrespect to any of the wonderful Genesys employees who also feel this is affecting them negatively, and who have taken the time to comment on this thread.  But this so called "customer service" you are offering, is SO BAD, that I can't even begin to put words to it.

My failure here is actually believing/trusting that things were getting better.   But knowing that my customer was going to Go LIVE on the PureConnect system on the 26th of March, gave me reason to believe that sending in a ticket 16 days earlier gave me plenty of time with something as straight forward as Single-Sign on/Kerberos issues.  But what do you know, launch day is tomorrow!!!  And I have received very little communication from Genesys Support. Initially I was thrilled, I actually got a request for logs the same day, and I uploaded them as soon as possible.  Then I don't hear anything for 5 days!  And I send in a request for update, then again on March 16th! And then they tell me something is wrong with the logs........which in all fairness was correct, so I re-uploaded them on the 18th.  And it has now been silent since.  Despite sending an email to a lot of people inside Genesys, not one response or reaction to my ticket.  And I have a meeting today, where I need to suggest we delay the Go-live!!   This is so [screwed] up on so many levels, I just can't fathom it.  I don't very easily use swearwords, and I apologise [swear words were removed due to a violation of ethics].  But this is so beyond unacceptable.

You just keep promising and promising things will get better, but they are not getting better!  I suggest Genesys, starts looking into how to compensate their customers and partners for this messed up situation.  Where is the justification in the sky high Maintenance and support fees when there literally isn't any support!!

I have been so happy with PureConnect, for many years, as previously stated.  The friendliness of the support staff and quick resolution times made it very easy for me to sell the products and keep customers interested.  But this is now gone.  I feel I have lied to my customers.

We are, I think a big community, using PureConnect, and many of us have built a reputation by offering the great Product that PureConnect is, because we had the support of Genesys if something needed attention.  Now this is no longer the case.  I dare say we have a huge influence on our customers, and our customers are those that eventually will start transitioning to Cloud.  But how we have been treated by Genesys support in the past 6 months, gives us no incentive to recommend any Genesys products going forward.  And our word has value to our customers.

I think we are all tired of the excuses, that this is taking time, and things are being done to expedite and improve the experience.  But to us, the partners and end-users, this is not at all our experience, and things have not improved at all since 6 months ago, I am sorry to say.

Egill Palsson
    Advania Sverige AB

• 65.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

GENESYS
    Posted 03-25-2021 09:26

Egil - I want to thank you for also reaching out to me and others directly via email.  As I responded to you in my email.  We understand the frustration.  I understand when you have an important case that is not getting attention, no words or actions on our part is going to prove to you that things are getting better.  However, I can assure we have seen some improvements recently and we have a core leadership team meeting everyday reviewing progress being made in this new model of Product Support.  I'll be sure that we elevate this issue with our teams.  I have asked our internal Product Support leaders to personally escalate the case you brought to my attention and we will be following up as progress is made on this case.  

Regards

Scott

Scott Thomas
    Genesys - Employees

• 66.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

Posted 08-04-2021 01:03
    Edited by Jason Chester 08-04-2021 01:19

I found this thread as I was frustrated by Genesys Support (or lack of) 

I'm also glad to hear that its not just me who have this lack of support, fortunately I've been able to navigate my way through via workarounds although we did have a P1 incident and managed to get some proper support guys based out of the US, this might have been because it was 9 PM in Australia and for me to keep reiterating to the level 1 support that Prod was down!

My 2 cents : I've logged multiple cases and responses times have been over a week or so since logging before I hear back for a basic support response. The level of frustration increases when trying to call them, I will either receive one or more of the following:
    - Inaudible or difficult to understand or they struggle to understand the problem.

- Unable to resolve or find someone within support who can help. Case owner is busy or not available.
    - Calls go silent when placed on hold (or hangup)

- Lengthy response times from submission of ticket to resolution.

I'm in Australia so I'm not sure if that determines what support resources are available but regardless its very hard to justify at this moment to pay so much for support.

-- David Taing 

• 67.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

Posted 08-04-2021 02:56
    Hi David,

Part from the fact that most engineers from Genesys PC Support are now incompetent on a technical level, it seems that they are missing the basic soft skills you would expect:
    - Often when being connected to an engineer I do not even get an "Hello, how can I help you?" It's just silence untll I ask if someone is on the line. 
    - Calling at all hours for a case and not taking in account the normal business hours from my timezone. I do not want to be called at 11:30PM about a P3 incident with almost no impact. 
    - Just copy & past from an internal resource, not reading the information themselves. This is based on the amount of time I got a response that had nothing to do with my case.
    - Asking for logs from the Genesys Engage platform while my cases are for PureConnect.

Calling into support is a pain! If you finally get connected to someone, and not get disconnected for whatever reason, you almost can't understand the person on the line. Very bad audio quality and delay. 

If you now read the announcement of the Genesys and InfoSys partnership on the following page https://www.genesys.com/blog/post/fueling-innovation-with-partnerships it reads as a bad joke... 

"As a market leader with a reputation for operational excellence and 95% customer retention rate, Infosys adds capabilities to Genesys, which will propel advantages for businesses currently leveraging the Genesys PureConnect solution."

Dieter Wijnen
    Frontline Solutions

• 68.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

Posted 08-04-2021 04:38
    We have several serious topics open now with genesys pureconnect support, as repeating SCR numbers coming back in newer versions.
    you can imagine  the kind of discussions and repeated requests for logs... as I was the reason for the log of that SCR number to begin with....
    ow boy ow boy... its getting worse every months.. and the list of things that are open with support is ever growing..

Vincent Heijmans
    BMW Group Munich

• 69.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

Posted 08-04-2021 23:28

Hi Dieter & Vincent,

I totally agree with your points and I am also finding the same. 

Having also recently discovered the InfoSys partnership, I really hope this improves both on a technical level and on a general basic soft skill level.

Just like you Vincent, we had more and more support issues and got no where, so I avoided any further support calls and took the drastic measure of rebuilding the environment

I just pray this thing keeps ticking.

-- David Taing

• 70.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

Posted 08-05-2021 00:26
    Line allocation and such

Daniel Brewer II
    First Investors Financial

• 71.  RE: Genesys Support - Issues

GENESYS
    Posted 08-05-2021 08:59
    Thank you for your continued feedback.  Genesys remains committed to our PureConnect customer base and will continue working hard to focus on the areas where there are opportunities for improvement.  We realize we aren't there yet, but continue committed to working with our Partners at InfoSys to support you (and our entire PureConnect customer base) at the level you expect from us.  This is an ongoing commitment and process, and are working daily with the teams to drive improvement.  If at any point you have a case that needs escalated, please use the following email address that has leadership visibility (CCPureConnectManagementAttention@genesys.com).

David Girard
    VP, Product Support

Dave Girard
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources