PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  .NET Framework - Can I go too far ?

Posted 12-11-2019 10:08
    As of today, the latest .NET release for public is .NET Framework 4.8

We are on CIC 2018 R3. Just this past week, I've updated 2 of our servers from 4.5.1 to 4.5.2, but now I'm being told that the 4.5.2 I have installed needs a 4.5.2 security update on top of that.

Instead of spending hours coordinating 4.5.2, and 4.6.1, etc...  I'd rather just go to the latest and greatest across all of our CIC servers.

I checked the software requirements page 
    https://help.genesys.com/cic/mergedProjects/wh_tr/mergedProjects/wh_tr_installation_and_configuration/desktop/software_requirements.htm
    And I've looked around the Genesys Test Labs pages as well.

The web pages say .NET 4.5.2 or later is needed for 2018 R3.
    I guess my question is, am I to assume that 2018 R3 has been verified on .NET 4.8 ?  
    I wish the wording was different and said "2018 R3 has been verified on the following .NET versions 4.5.2, 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.7"

I'm thinking that I may just want to play it safe and stick with .NET 4.7.x, since it's included on the ISO image anyway.

Any thoughts ?  or is there a link I may have missed that would address .NET compatibility. 

Thank you in advance,
    -Bill

#Implementation
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    William Wyszomirski
    Excellus Health Plan Inc

• 2.  RE: .NET Framework - Can I go too far ?

Posted 12-11-2019 11:33
    Bill,

As you probably figured out since .net 4.8 is released after CIC 2018  R3 was released you will probably never get confirmation that .net 4.8 will work with 2018 R3. A while back I asked Genesys about how they validate other applications against CIC and they basically said they will check the current version but won't  do full testing on new versions of supporting software as its just too much to try to coordinate between all the different version numbers of multiple applications. In theory .net is supposed to be backwards compatible but I personally wouldn't risk it. The link you provide appears to indicate that you need to use .net 4.5.2 for 2018 R3 so if I were supporting the system I would stick with 4.5.2. You are probably going to find a whole slew of security updates for .net as Microsoft seems to push them out regularly.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk. If my comment helped you or solved your problem please consider marking my comment as best answer.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources