PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Custom Eic_RemoteName Attribut on Interaction Desktop

• 1.  Custom Eic_RemoteName Attribut on Interaction Desktop

Posted 10-31-2019 12:57
    Hello

When i set Eic_RemoteName attribut on Handler and i tranfert a call to an Agent ( interaction Attendant ), i get a good display name but if i tranfert a call to a Workgroup ( interaction attendant ), i get a wrong display name on interaction Desktop.

Have you idea for how i can force to use the custom Eic_RemoteName of my Handler please ?

Best regards
    Salim
    #Handlers

------------------------------

Dimension Data France

• 2.  RE: Custom Eic_RemoteName Attribut on Interaction Desktop

Posted 10-31-2019 13:54
    Hi Salim,

Are all these in the same Attendant Profile? if not on the Profile that transfers to the workgroup, do you have a Set Attribute step that is re-naming the Eic_Remotename?

Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

• 3.  RE: Custom Eic_RemoteName Attribut on Interaction Desktop

Posted 10-31-2019 18:15
    Thank you for your answer Scott,

I développe a Handler search Customer name on a table and assign it to Eic_RemoteName.

On Attendant, i call my subroutine and i route call to workgroup but i ttry to add set attribut, the Eic_RemoteName displied on Interaction Attendant is wrong.

If i try to route call to an Agent, I get Eic_RemoteName well.

I'm not sure but like tranfert to workgroup change Eic-RemoteName attribut.

Thank you

Salim Nouh
    Dimension Data France

• 4.  RE: Custom Eic_RemoteName Attribut on Interaction Desktop

Posted 11-01-2019 13:37

when it is transferred to the workgroup how is the name wrong? Is it the original name prior to your update or is it something completely different?

Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

• 5.  RE: Custom Eic_RemoteName Attribut on Interaction Desktop

Posted 11-01-2019 15:47
    Thank you Scott,

When i tranfert call to workgroup,, i get the  name similar to "Profile attendant name" on interaction Desktop.

When i tranfert call to a user, i get my Eic_remoteName correctly.

Thank you Again

Salim Nouh
    Dimension Data France

• 6.  RE: Custom Eic_RemoteName Attribut on Interaction Desktop

Posted 11-04-2019 08:12
    ​Hello Salim,

It works well on my systems, we use a "node attribute" to set Eic_RemoteName value and we transfert the calls to Workgroups.

Maybe you should try to use Eic_ClientMsg attribute too. This attribute is used by the "pop-up" in Interaction-Desktop.

lionel Florence
    HELPLINE

• 7.  RE: Custom Eic_RemoteName Attribut on Interaction Desktop

Posted 11-04-2019 11:19
    Thank you Lionel,

You set attribut on Handler or on Attendant please ?

For me i set attrbut on Handler :

And i transfert Call to workgroup on attendant :

I get profile name on interaction Desktop but if i transfert call to an Agent i get the name well.

Thank you

Salim Nouh
    Dimension Data France

• 8.  RE: Custom Eic_RemoteName Attribut on Interaction Desktop
    Best Answer

Posted 11-05-2019 10:08
    Salim,

I'm going to guess that the system is overwriting the remote name attribute when the call is transferred to a queue. Your answer is probably burried in this technical reference https://help.genesys.com/cic/mergedProjects/wh_tr/desktop/pdfs/RWP_Lookup_TR.pdf

Take a look at the Attribute TR and look at Eic_RemoteName. There is a note about priority of setting attributes and this may fix your problem: https://help.genesys.com/cic/mergedProjects/wh_tr/desktop/pdfs/attributes_tr.pdf

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk. If my comment helped you or solved your problem please consider marking my comment as best answer.

• 9.  RE: Custom Eic_RemoteName Attribut on Interaction Desktop

Posted 11-05-2019 10:52
    Hello Mark

I used "Eic_RemoteNameCopy" and add column "Customer_Name" on IA with "Eic_RemoteNameCopy" Attribut.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards
    Salim

Salim Nouh
    Dimension Data France

• 10.  RE: Custom Eic_RemoteName Attribut on Interaction Desktop

Posted 11-05-2019 11:09
    Instead of trying to mess with the Eic_ attributes I just grab the contents of the Eic_ attribute where it looks like I want it, and assign it to a new custom Attribute.  This will not change going through, and you can use that just as welll as the Eic attributes. And then you just create a column just like you did for Eic_remoteNameCopy.

Egill Palsson
    Advania AB

• 11.  RE: Custom Eic_RemoteName Attribut on Interaction Desktop

Posted 11-05-2019 11:28
    Egill,

This could work as well but I suspect the reason to change the remote name is so that the new name is stored in the database automatically. You could then query the call history by name and pull back previous interactions. Now you could also store this alternate attribute in the custom string fields in the database and get the same functionality without having to mess with system attributes.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk. If my comment helped you or solved your problem please consider marking my comment as best answer.

• 12.  RE: Custom Eic_RemoteName Attribut on Interaction Desktop

Posted 11-07-2019 15:07
    Ok if that is the case, I would probably try manipulating the Attribute very late in the process, for example in CustomACDPreAlert, there you can debug, and then check if any other Attribute contains the info you want, and from there just re-populate the attribute.  That is if I am not misunderstanding what the issue is.  I recently had the same issue that this attribute was changing on transfers, so I just manipulated the attributes like this and it has worked great since.

Egill Palsson
    Advania AB

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources