PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  ipTTY / Accessibile Solutions

Posted 02-15-2021 22:26

Hello folks,

Our contact centre remote, like many of years, due to COVID-19. Prior to that, we had an old analogue telephone connection setup with an ancient TTY machine to accomodate customers requiring that service. It isn't used much anymore, but we'd like to keep that service going and are looking for options to do it electronically/via SIP/VoIP. 

ipTTY was recommended to me by Genesys sales reps. They were explaining that I need to have my POTS TTY line ported over to the company used with our Genesys system, then route it to the IP based TTY solution. Their exact words were to "Point the DID sent to your analog phone to your SIP switch. Setup a call ground with your SIP switch and assign ipTTY skilled agents to it. Have the single inbound DID that used to point to your analog phone bank now point to your call group with the ipTTY extensions assigned to it." We were a little confused on next steps, so we reached out to Genesys for assistance but they said they were unable to offer any whatsoever.

So my next step is to reach out to the group! How did you handle this issue? Anyone using ipTTY? How did you do the back-end config?

MANY thanks in advance,

Cody

#Telephony

------------------------------
    Cody Dzik
    City of Winnipeg

• 2.  RE: ipTTY / Accessibile Solutions

Posted 02-18-2021 07:56
    Hello Cody,

Have you already found a solution? I do not have experience with ipTTY but from what I understand based on some quick research you'll need to have an ipTTY phone and the rest is configuring the system as you would receive a normal call.

Dieter Wijnen
    Telenet BVBA

• 3.  RE: ipTTY / Accessibile Solutions

Posted 07-27-2021 18:15
    Hello community - Hoping there might be some others that can chime in on this thread.  Anyone else able to recommend a ipTTY device and/or talk about lessons learned when working through a similar challenge?

Raymond Hicks
    Sutter Health

• 4.  RE: ipTTY / Accessibile Solutions

Posted 09-01-2021 12:38
    We have been using ipTTY with PureConnect for years.  In our scenario, on ipTTY PC is shared. (A handler sends an email to staff if the call stays live for 20 seconds to mitigate some of the telemarketing calls)

Setup was pretty straight forward. Station in IA with an extension and user name/password. ipTTY registration was on port 5060 

I can dig up the configuration notes if anyone is still looking

David Clemens
    The Manitoba Public Insurance Corporation

• 5.  RE: ipTTY / Accessibile Solutions

Posted 09-01-2021 12:43
    Hi David,

This is great news to hear someone local has ipTTY running with PureConnect. We would love to see the configuration notes. If you want to contact me directly, my email is cdzik@winnipeg.ca

Thanks,
    Cody

Cody Dzik
    City of Winnipeg

• 6.  RE: ipTTY / Accessibile Solutions

Posted 11-20-2021 22:13
    I just set up 2 iptty phones for a demo, as we had a client interested.

We ended up not going forward with it all, but it is a simple config.

ryan hedlund

• 7.  RE: ipTTY / Accessibile Solutions

Posted 08-10-2022 13:12

Hi David,

Thanks so much for the posting! If the configuration notes are still available, we would love to see them and continue the conversation started by Cody. If possible, please contact me directly at alekhi@winnipeg.ca.

Thanks!

Amit Lekhi
    City of Winnipeg

• 8.  RE: ipTTY / Accessibile Solutions

Posted 06-22-2022 11:52
    HI All,

We are being asked to setup TTY quickly. It looks pretty straight forward if it was a dedicated line, but our TTY number is the same as our Main Number so thinking there will be some key that will need to be queued off of so the IVR phones it is TTY. Anybody have any experience with the configuration on that front?

Also phone did you by for IP TTY?

Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources