PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Ring phone when callback alerts the agent

Posted 07-16-2019 12:28
    Hi,    

I found an older post on this but wondering if there has been any updates since then.

I'm wondering if there is a way to ring the agent's phone (like an inbound call) when the agent is sent and alerted for a callback.   We have all thin-client workstations that do not have speakers for a .wav alert and are finding that the agents quite often miss the toast alert..

thanks!
    Craig.
    #Handlers
    #Omni-ChannelDesktop/UserInterface

------------------------------
    Craig Andree
    SECURIAN FINANCIAL NETWORK

• 2.  RE: Ring phone when callback alerts the agent

Posted 07-16-2019 13:17
    This can still be done with handlers.  You can trigger from the ACD Post alert customization point, filter media type for callback and then pull back the assigned user's station info and place a call on behalf of the station to the callback number in the callback by looking at the attributes.

There are some caveats to consider, though, such as what you will do for the agents if the callback call is unsuccessful.  We use the feedback from the place call toolstep to trigger some status changes (to non user selectable statuses) that help us prevent/report on users who are trying to sit idle while assigned a callback.  I know this is a vague description, but if you are familiar with handlers, it should give a rough idea of one way this could work.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources