PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Handler for ACD Queue hold music

Posted 09-21-2020 14:37
    Hello all,

We are using Attendant for our IVR but I'm trying to build a handler that functions as a hold music/ad player while a caller waits for an agent. The handler will play a mix of hold music and voice ads (wavfiles) and also to make position in queue announcements while a caller is in an ACD Queue waiting for an agent. I'm not sure which customization point to edit to create this. I'm just learning handlers and I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Chudi
    #Handlers

------------------------------
    Chudi Igboemeka
    Start Communications

• 2.  RE: Handler for ACD Queue hold music

Posted 09-21-2020 15:22
    Hi Chudi,

Is there a reason you do not use the Queue Operation Steps that are built into the Attendant?

Right click on the workgroup Transfer IVR Step--> new Operation and look for the Queue Operation "Play A Message to Caller". There you can select what you want it to play, Position in Queue, Estimated wait time, Custom message (Audio File you have), Audio Source (Hold Music) or External Audio Source.

Thank you,
     Scott

Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

• 3.  RE: Handler for ACD Queue hold music

Posted 10-09-2020 10:40
    Yes. I want to use a timer to control how long the hold music plays rather than using the length of the audio file. We are currently using Attendant to play the hold music and position in queue as you described above.

Chudi Igboemeka
    Start Communications

• 4.  RE: Handler for ACD Queue hold music

Posted 10-12-2020 16:43
    Like Scott mentioned before, when you select "Audio Source" or "External Audio Source", it gives you the option to set the "Timeout" so it doesn't play the entire audio file but just for how long you want it to play.

Andrew Wooster
    Genesco Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources