PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Unable to Open Interaction Administrator

Posted 12-10-2021 08:55
    We have one supervisor who is not able to open Interaction Administrator, they get the following error: "Failure to connect to Notifier because the server certificate could not be verified.  To connect please use the administrator utility GenSSL to add this server's certificate."

We have ran the C:\Program Files (x86)\Interactive Intelligence\ServerManagerApps\GenSSLCertsU.exe utility but it didn't create the certs.  When I check the location for the certs, there aren't either folders created for our 2 PureConnect servers.  I opened a ticket with support (weeks ago) and they have not helped at all.  Their suggestions; Try running the app as an Administrator (didn't work), run the GenSSL (didn't work), and check the role assigned to the supervisor (I gave the supervisor the Administrator role and still didn't work).  So I was hoping someone here might have an idea?  I am able to log on to this PC and open IA without any issues.  The only real change to the supervisor is their Active Directory user name changed about 6 months ago due to marriage.  Before this, she never accessed IA, but now she needs it to be able to update an Interaction Processor/Table.

Thanks,
    Andrew
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Andrew Wooster
    Genesco Inc.

• 2.  RE: Unable to Open Interaction Administrator
    Best Answer

Posted 12-10-2021 11:12
    The certs referenced live in two possible places, the C:\program files… location in the application directory and inside the c:\users\%username% directory.

if you turn the IA logging for the user up to 100 then replicate the error, you'll see the path(s) its trying to pull the cert from and failing.

Generally, deleting the existing certs so they can be regenerated is enough, but in your scenario it sounds like their may also be a local permissions issue relating to Windows.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah - comments on this forum reflect my own personal opinions\observations and are separate from any entity I am otherwise involved in.

• 3.  RE: Unable to Open Interaction Administrator

Posted 12-10-2021 11:43

Thanks!  I can't believe support didn't call out the c;\users... location, that fixed it.  Typical support, open a case in November and get terrible suggestions on how to fix it and all they had to do was review the logs and tell me the correct location.  Normally I would have reviewed the logs myself first but was in a hurry and figured I would rely on support for their guidance, huge mistake.

Thanks,

Andrew

Andrew Wooster
    Genesco Inc.

• 4.  RE: Unable to Open Interaction Administrator

Posted 09-20-2023 18:12

Hi Andrew, Hope you are doing well.

Could you please share the steps you have applied to fix the issue, I am facing the same.

Best Regards,

Sajed Salah
    Fourth Dimension Systems LLC

• 5.  RE: Unable to Open Interaction Administrator

Posted 09-21-2023 10:50

Between the back and forth between myself and Andrew, all of the information needed to resolve this issue is present if not spelled out step by step.  Is there some part of this process specifically that you are stuck on?

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah - comments on this forum reflect my own personal opinions\observations and are separate from any entity I am otherwise involved in.

• 6.  RE: Unable to Open Interaction Administrator

Posted 22 days ago

Hello Aaron. 

So you go to either path that is identified on the local machine or server where that cert is being called on, and then remove that cert. Once that cert is removed try logging into Interaction Admin once more and it will create a new cert is that correct? Also, will this cause any issues on the server side if that cert is deleted?

Thank you,

Burton Schilling
    Northwestern Energy

• 7.  RE: Unable to Open Interaction Administrator

Posted 22 days ago

You absolutely should not be deleting anything certificate related on the server side.  The point is to remove the client side certificate, which could be in the program install directory, or the user's Windows profile.  The application logs will show you the path of the certificate that is causing the problem, if this is the actual issue.

Aaron Lael

• 8.  RE: Unable to Open Interaction Administrator

Posted 22 days ago

I agree with you on that, but I have seen that error show up on the server side when trying to load interaction admin. However, if you run as Admin on the server side it will work just fine. Which I think is a little weird that it will work that, and not just running it normally. 

Thank you,

Burton Schilling
    Northwestern Energy

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources