PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Windows 2019 Server OS for Int. Connect and Web Chat

Posted 09-28-2021 10:38
    All,

We are standing up a new greenfield PureConnect environment. We're curious if anyone is running Windows 2019 for their servers hosting Interaction Connect and/or other web applications (web chat)?

From looking at Testlab, it appears only Windows 2016 OS and IIS 10 is supported. Since we're building new VM's in the next few weeks, want to be sure we target the proper OS version. We'd rather go with Windows 2019, but if it isn't supported or hasn't been tested then we'll obviously go with Windows 2016. From what I can tell it appears IIS 10 is part of Windows 2019 as well.

Thanks,
    #DigitalChannels
    #PlatformAdministration
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Shane

• 2.  RE: Windows 2019 Server OS for Int. Connect and Web Chat

Posted 09-30-2021 03:20
    Same boat here, all servers i order are now 2019 versions.
    only thing we could do is nudge Genesys to support 2019 asap :-)

it will (almost) always work, but what about support...

Vincent Heijmans
    BMW Group Munich

• 3.  RE: Windows 2019 Server OS for Int. Connect and Web Chat

Posted 09-30-2021 13:50
    I heard somewhere that the hold up is that Micro$oft have discontinued support for Silverlight in later releases, so if you are using components that make use of that....

My advice (even when TestLab says you're good to go) is always to test this stuff in a test environment first.

HTH

• 4.  RE: Windows 2019 Server OS for Int. Connect and Web Chat

Posted 10-01-2021 02:06
    IIS is not the only Webserver supported by Genesys. Our systems are using Apache. From my point of view it's more simple to setup Interaction Connect with Apache than IIS. And it's less OS dependent.

Andreas Tikart
    Fiebig GmbH

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources