PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Custom dialogue with drop down list when client button presses

Posted 03-05-2021 08:03

Hi All, 

My objective is that when an agent press on a custom client button in interaction connect, I want a dialogue window (similar to the one that appears when pressing on "Transfer" button or the wrap up codes) to be shown to the agent with a predefined text that the agent click and then it append the text to the custom Handler that I already built to send SMS. 

Why I need such thing is that, one of our customer has a predefined Text Messages "SMS" (more than 15 templates) and it's not practical to just add all these templates as client buttons rather I'm trying to achieve such thing with more practical way thus, if there is any other alternative I would really appreciate it. 

Regards, 

Hussein Alshamiri 

#Handlers
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Hussein Alshamiri
    Hadef Information Technology Co.

• 2.  RE: Custom dialogue with drop down list when client button presses

Posted 03-05-2021 09:34
    need to look at a custom add-in with ICElib

ryan hedlund
    Stericycle

• 3.  RE: Custom dialogue with drop down list when client button presses

Posted 03-06-2021 04:45
    Hi Ryan, 

Thank you for sharing such tips, but as far as I know custom add-in is only for adding new view to the interaction connect! and is that's not the case cloud you please shed more info about it. 

Regards, 

Hussein Alshamiri

Hussein Alshamiri
    Hadef Information Technology Co.

• 4.  RE: Custom dialogue with drop down list when client button presses

Posted 03-08-2021 08:54
    Hussein,

ICELib is a .Net API which can be used for writing custom applications as well as plugins to Interaction Desktop.

The web-based (REST) version is called ICWS and could be used to build extensions to Interaction Connect, as you suggest.

Alternatively, have you considered using the built-in Response Management functionality? Whilst it may not give you 100% of what you specify, it may be sufficient and, since it's Out of the Box functionality, would require considerably less customization and be much easier to support.

HTH

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources