PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  System Hang Up after Transfer

Posted 10-02-2019 13:37

Hi, 

Please help me find out the cause of high number of System Hang Up after Transfer and how to avoid this. We had 423 System Hang Up after Transfer and marked as abandoned. 

Thanks in advance! 

#Outbound

------------------------------
    Rechelle McConnell
    CHRISTIAN BROADCASTING NETWORK

• 2.  RE: System Hang Up after Transfer

Posted 10-03-2019 10:24
    Rechelle,

Where are you seeing this? I assume you are looking at the dialer disposition report but want to double check. From here I would probably get one of the interaction IDs and follow the call through Dialer and IP to see why the system is hanging up.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk. If my comment helped you or solved your problem please consider marking my comment as best answer.

• 3.  RE: System Hang Up after Transfer

Posted 10-08-2019 13:46
    I agree with Mark on this. Also, try calling one of the numbers that were hung up on manually and see the result. 
    Another thing I would try to do a simulated call with that number in the dial plan to see what route it is taking. 
    From there you can see if it hitting the correct path and the system can actually route the call out.

Micheal McComber
    Sutter Health

• 4.  RE: System Hang Up after Transfer

Posted 10-10-2019 13:44

Hi Mark and Michael,

I noticed when I ran the query from Call History Table for abandoned calls, I saw huge number... 400 to 500 abandoned calls just in one day. That alarmed me so I did my investigation and found out that majority of those (System Hang Up after Transfer) are coming from 2 different campaigns. 

I sent a ticket to our vendor and they wanted to turn up logs in our servers, IP etc. Before we did that... I did further investigations... I called those phone numbers and they are active(ringing) then... I listened to some of the calls (recording)... All calls went to Answering Machine and agents left a message. This gave me the hint that the agent was dispositioning the calls and something is wrong with the wrap up code behind that scripted code.. 

I worked with our Scripted Developers and did some testing (before and after code changes). Found out that the scripter wasn't using the correct method for AMC. The code was looking for wave file... but those campaigns are set to leave a live message to the AMC. 

We are doing great now! Found the issue and fixed it.

I appreciate all your help. 

Rechelle McConnell
    CHRISTIAN BROADCASTING NETWORK

• 5.  RE: System Hang Up after Transfer

Posted 10-10-2019 14:17
    That is great news. Keep posting questions and we will keep assisting where we can

Micheal McComber
    Sutter Health

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources