PureConnect

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Office Telephony on PureConnect

• 1.  Office Telephony on PureConnect

Posted 7 days ago
    Edited by Subhash Srivastava 7 days ago
    Dear Community Members,

I am looking for some reference material/use cases for implementing Enterprise telephony on PureConnect.
    already browsed through many documents available online/Genesys Portal but couldn't find anything concrete.
    Please help if you have some inputs to share.

Regards,
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Subhash Srivastava

• 2.  RE: Office Telephony on PureConnect

Posted 7 days ago
    Dear Subhash,

What type of implementation are you planning to implement with PureConnect platform? Can you please provide more details?

As per my experience you can use PureConnect with Cisco UCM and you can register Cisco IP Phones to PureConnect. Then you will have a chance to run Call Center and Business Users at the same time.

Thanks,
    Regards
    Cenk

Cenk Gunduz

• 3.  RE: Office Telephony on PureConnect

Posted 7 days ago

​Dear Cenk,

Thanks for your response.

CUCM and CIC integration is already in places using SIP trunk in between.
    Actually, I am looking for replacing CUCM with PureConnect and planning to migrate all users on PureConnect.

Subhash Srivastava
    Shinsei Bank, Limited

• 4.  RE: Office Telephony on PureConnect

GCAP Member
    Posted 6 days ago
    Subash,

As you have noticed there isn't much documentation targeted towards Enterprise specific implementations.  You decide how you want to implement the user experience.

Specific things to look for in the documentation are:

Operator Add-On (https://help.genesys.com/pureconnect/mergedProjects/wh_qr/desktop/pdfs/client_desktop_operator_console_qr.pdf) , Call Coverage, and Monitored Appearances.  These are things that help facilitate the work that an executive assistant or receptionist might perform.
    Mini-Mode, I found that some business users prefer that view of the desktop.
    Create and curate custom contact lists and speed dial lists for use by different groups.
    While none of these have loads of documentation, you can read up and use them to decide what level of training to provide.

Lessons that I learned:
    Make sure that the default user has the fewest security  right possible (none is best).  This allows you to assign entitlements with greater granularity (especially status messages allowed).
    Keep the instructions as simple as possible.  Most enterprise users don't use the application often enough to become proficient at using the many features in interaction desktop.
    Folks in the E/C-Suite just want a stand alone phone on the desk rather that having to login to the client to receive calls.

Tim Cannon

• 5.  RE: Office Telephony on PureConnect

Posted 6 days ago

​Hi Tim,

Thanks for your response.
    I will check the information as you suggested.

Basically I don't have any concerns for the users who want to use it with Interaction Desktop login.

I need some idea about configuring those phones as stand-alone phones & assigning DID's to them.

one way I found it by using DID/DNIS configuration option in IA and then mapping it with station extension defined under IA -Stations.

However, I am not sure, if this option would be able to display the DID on phone itself.
    May be I need to add description in SIP file for the phone to display the desired DID number.

I will try various options and if you have anything more to suggest, please update.

Regards,
    Subhash Srivastava

• 6.  RE: Office Telephony on PureConnect

Posted 6 days ago
    Hi Subhash,

You are on the right track which you can use DID/DNIS options to forward calls to the specific stations with specific DID numbers. And of course the caller number is displayed on the phone screen.

I am also agree with Tim, especially majority of the enterprise users prefer to use the phone itself on their desk instead of using Interaction Desktop application on their PC. Actually there are some configurations for the clients to forward calls to the Desk Phones or mobile phones (Follow-me Option etc..) either PC/Laptop is or application is off.

You should give it try some options and you will probably have some questions and come back here to discuss with us for the best practical way.

Thanks,
    Regards

Cenk Gunduz

• 7.  RE: Office Telephony on PureConnect

Posted 5 days ago
    Edited by Subhash Srivastava 5 days ago
    ​Hi Tim & Cenk,

Thanks a lot for your inputs and confirming the I am on right track to achieve the required functionality.
    As suggested, I will go ahead and try out these options in our development environment & get back with updates.

Regards,
    Subhash Srivastava