PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  CCS/ODS communication

Posted 08-13-2019 10:57
    Hi All,

I recently placed our CCS server into a switchover configuration, and the switchover function is working great. The issue i am running into is when i am running on the backup CCS server (new Server) none of the dialer function works, IE Testing, Recycle, Rest. on the CCS server Event Logs i see SSL Negotiation failed with an eventID of 10022. Genesys seem to have closed down the EventID search fucntion ININ used to have, so i am not able to get more information. There isn't much in the notifier logs on the CCS server, s

I am pretty sure this is a Cert issue, but i am not finding much information on cert setup with ODS/CCS. I have compared the Certs on the working server to the non-working server and they all seem to be there. I also don't see any cert exchange between the ODS and CCS, so i am unsure of what cert would be missing.

I do have a ticket open with support, i just like to troubleshoot in tandem so i can expand my own knowledge.

Thank you,
    Scott
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #Security

------------------------------
    Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

• 2.  RE: CCS/ODS communication

Posted 08-14-2019 10:06
    Scott,

Lets start with the easy stuff which is easily missed when setting up a CCS. If you pop open IC System Manager do all subsystems show as started? The one in particular we are interested in is DialerTranServer. If this subsystem is stopped we are going to have to troubleshoot why it is not running. I'm going to assume this has never worked and the easiest reason DialerTranServer is not running is because the SQL tools were not installed. Take a look at the install guide page 14 and 15 to make sure these steps were followed: https://help.genesys.com/cic/mergedProjects/wh_dlr/desktop/dlr_pdfs/dialer_icg.pdf

Assuming this was not the problem or this didn't fix it I would first look at the dialer log on the CIC server to see if it gives any indication of what was wrong, chances are it will just reference some vague reason this is not working. Next stop would be dialertransserver log on the CCS server which should show us what was attempted and why it failed. Alternately if you don't see the request getting all the way to dialer tran you may need to go up a step and look at the notifier log on the CCS to ensure the request got to the CCS server. Bottom line dialer, notifier, campaign server, or dialer tran server is going to give you more detail as to why this is not working.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 3.  RE: CCS/ODS communication

Posted 08-15-2019 12:48
    Hey, Scott!

Out of interest, when you say "none of the dialer function works" does that include being able to access the configuration through IA?

Another thing to look at is the setting in Server Parameters for "Campaign Server". When you added the second CCS, did you update this? It might be worth making sure you have a pair of DNS entries (same name, one for each CCS) and then setting the parameter to that DNS entry (not the actual server name). Restart IC and see if it helps.

No promises, but......!

• 4.  RE: CCS/ODS communication

Posted 08-15-2019 13:10
    Hi Paul, Mark;

The issue has been resolved. Looking over the document Mark linked to me, i notice it said you need to install 2008 R2 ODBC driver. As this was Server 2016 i installed the CCS application on, i did not load that ODBC driver thinking the default driver would work. Once i installed the 2008 R2 ODBC driver everything worked

I am not sure if this is because the original UDL file was built on Server 2008 R2 and used that driver or if the 2008 R2 ODBC driver will always be required. I will find that out in the next month or so as i attempt to move the UDL file to use Native Client 11. If i am able to move to Native Client 11 successfully it would point to the issue being caused by UDL file was originally built using the 2008 R2 ODBC Drive.

Scott Williams

• 5.  RE: CCS/ODS communication

Posted 08-16-2019 09:26
    Scott,

Someone posted on here a few months back (or maybe longer I can't remember nor find the post) about trying to use the Native Client 11 with dialer. I don't think they were able to get it working at first but with some tweaking of some sort they finally got it working. You may want to spend some time searching the forums to see if you can find the old thread.

I did some casual reading about the different ODBC drivers and it looks like the one dialer uses has more theoretical throughput than the other newer clients. This was of course all documented in that old thread I can't find. I would suggest if you want to try something that is not specifically called out as supported in the installation guide you run it by your VAR/Genesys to make sure it will be supported. The last thing you want to have happen is everything looks good for a while then a couple months elapse and all of a sudden dialer stops and your VAR/Genesys won't support your configuration since you are using ODBC drivers that are not supported.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 6.  RE: CCS/ODS communication

Posted 08-19-2019 16:04
    Hi Mark,

That was my post.  Genesys told me it would only work on Server 2016 R2 as i was on server 2008 R2 at the time.

Scott Williams

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources