PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Polycom ip6000 Error

Posted 11-07-2019 05:34
    Hi,

We are currently changing our conference phones to be managed through Genesys. We have the Polycom ip6000 but struggling to get it up and running. Two things I have come across is 1. Line 1. *** (Not Registered) and 2."URL calling is disabled".

Anyone that can help me get up and running would be a life saver!
    #SIP/VolP

------------------------------
    Atif Mirza
    Arvato Limited

• 2.  RE: Polycom ip6000 Error

Posted 11-07-2019 09:55
    Atif,

URL calling is disabled is usually indicating the phone is not registered to the CIC server. Are you configuring these phones as managed phones or unmanaged phones? If managed do they show up to date in managed phone container in CIC? What version of CIC are you running? Assuming the CIC server is managing the Polycom phone do you have the model IP6000 in the drop down?

All of these suggestions are assuming you have a managed IP phone. Have you confirmed that the phone is actually provisioning to the CIC server, if it provisioned you should see log files in the phones folder within the CIC logging directory showing what the phone is doing. If there is no mac address log file in the phones folder then chances are the phone is not provisioning properly. Do you have direct access to the phone, when you reboot it does the phone show that it was able to connect and download its configuration or does it indicate some other type of error on the phone? Lastly how is the phone registering to the CIC server, is there by chance a proxy sitting between the phone and the server? If there is a proxy the proxy must be managed by the CIC server otherwise the authentication will fail as by default every managed phone has a user name and password it must pass to the server to register.

This can be done regardless of if the phone is managed or unamanaged. You can also turn up SIP Engine to notes and then look in the SIP engine log to see if the phone is actually registering to the CIC server. You should be able to do a find on the station name and see the registration request come through, you will also be able to see what the CIC server sends back to the phone. If the server is rejecting the request there may be an answer in the SIP engine log, otherwise you will need to look in TS server to see why the server is rejecting the registration request.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk. If my comment helped you or solved your problem please consider marking my comment as best answer.

• 3.  RE: Polycom ip6000 Error

Posted 11-07-2019 10:30
    Hey Mark,

That's a lot of info... thanks! I'll have a check through all of the points mentioned above and come back to you. They are managed IP phones.How do I access this phones folder? I know how to do it on phones that are connected to desktops but not a standalone phone like this.

Atif Mirza
    Arvato Limited

• 4.  RE: Polycom ip6000 Error

Posted 11-07-2019 10:42
    Atif,

The phone logs are on the CIC server. Depending on how your CIC server is installed the CIC log path is usually on the D drive or the E drive but it could really be anywhere. The default will be D:\I3\IC\Logs\yyyy-mm-dd\phones. If you can't find the folder you can check the logging path by opening ININ Trace Configuration, select Tools menu > Set Trace Root Path... At the top of the window that pops up will show you the current value of ININ_TRACE_ROOT which will be where the logs are stored.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk. If my comment helped you or solved your problem please consider marking my comment as best answer.

• 5.  RE: Polycom ip6000 Error

Posted 11-07-2019 10:39
    Manage to see the logs in the phone:

1107153351|sip |*|03|SipUserRemove 0
    1107153351|sip |4|03|doDnsListLookup(udp): doDnsSrvLookupForARecordList 'voIpProt.SIP.outboundProxy' found no records
    1107153351|sip |4|03|Registration failed User: colt-02784-pstn.gb.sd.caas.local, Error Code:480 Temporarily not available
    1107153351|app1 |*|03|Ctx [0] Registered [false]
    1107153352|sip |4|03|doDnsListLookup(udp): doDnsSrvLookupForARecordList 'voIpProt.SIP.outboundProxy' found no records
    1107153352|sip |4|03|Registration failed User: colt-02784-pstn.gb.sd.caas.local, Error Code:480 Temporarily not available
    1107153356|sip |*|03|User removed
    1107153416|cfg |*|03|RT|Changed prov general
    1107153416|copy |*|03|Server 'caasprovision.caas.local' said '3111-15600-001.updater.ld' is not present
    1107153416|cfg |*|03|Prov|Starting to update 3111-15600-001.updater.ld
    1107153416|copy |*|03|Server 'caasprovision.caas.local' said 'updater.ld' is not present
    1107153416|cfg |*|03|Prov|Starting to update updater.ld
    1107153417|cfg |*|03|Prov|Starting to update 3111-15600-001.sip.ld
    1107153419|copy |*|03|Server 'caasprovision.caas.local' said '000000000000-license.cfg' is not present
    1107153419|copy |*|03|Server 'caasprovision.caas.local' said '0004f2f92bbc-license.cfg' is not present
    1107153419|cfg |*|03|Prov|Setting device parameters from configuration files.
    1107153419|cfg |*|03|Prov|Finished updating configuration
    1107153424|sip |4|03|doDnsListLookup(udp): doDnsSrvLookupForARecordList 'voIpProt.SIP.outboundProxy' found no records
    1107153425|sip |4|03|doDnsListLookup(udp): doDnsSrvLookupForARecordList 'voIpProt.SIP.outboundProxy' found no records

Atif Mirza
    Arvato Limited

• 6.  RE: Polycom ip6000 Error

Posted 11-07-2019 11:01
    Atif,

We can see from the log snippet your provided that the Polycom phone is sending its user ID of colt-02784-pstn.gb.sd.caas.local to the server. However from the log I can't tell what you are actually registering to. I don't think CIC uses the voipPort.SIP.outboundProxy setting but instead uses voipPort.server.1.address to indicate which server the system should register to. Maybe a little further up in the log it will show which server the phone is attempting to register to.

I'm not sure what scenario CIC will send back a 480 temporarily not 
    available as I normally see a 401 forbidden but I have some ideas. What steps did you take when you attempted to migrate the Polycom phones over to the CIC server? You may want to reset the Poycom phone to default (you can do this from the phone's admin menu) and let it reprovision to the CIC server to see if this magically fixes the issue. I suspect the user ID is not a valid user ID for your CIC server. Usually your user ID from a managed phone is a GUID. I'm betting the phone is holding on to its previous configuration. 

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

• 7.  RE: Polycom ip6000 Error

Posted 11-07-2019 15:00
    Have you checked your Option 160 records?  Almost everytime we have had problems with Polycoms it is because it can't find the provisioning server.  You should check the DHCP records for Option 160, and check that it points to the IC servers.

Egill Palsson
    Advania AB

• 8.  RE: Polycom ip6000 Error

Posted 11-18-2019 08:26

Hi Egill,

Thanks for the response. It looks like it was in fact pointing to the correct servers but for some reason it was redirecting to somewhere else (see logs below). Not sure if it was a manual error whilst setting up the phones or a setting that Genesys had control of but all is well now! Thanks for everyone's responses. 

N PolycomConfig::get_override_cfg() : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>

<!-- Application SIP Mink 4.0.8.2058 31-Aug-16 11:28 -->

<!-- Created 08-11-2019 15:20 -->

<WEB_CONFIG>

<OVERRIDES

reg.1.server.1.address="caasprovision.caas.local"

/>

</WEB_CONFIG>

13:38:14.7142267_0000 Provision.Config 0x14d8 10.30.86.22 IP6000 Polycom 

Atif Mirza
    Arvato Limited

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources