PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Check Agent Availability in Workgroup

Posted 09-10-2019 05:12
    Hi All,

I have to check whether any agent is available in a work-group or not.
    If yes, then need to check agent skills and proficiency for the same, for example whether agent is having 'xyz' skill or not and whether this skill proficiency is in range of 20-80.
    How can I do this using handler/designer?
    #Handlers

------------------------------
    Rahul C Tyagi
    Accenture India

• 2.  RE: Check Agent Availability in Workgroup

Posted 09-10-2019 08:42
    Rahul,
    This can be done in Handlers using Custom ACD, although it sounds like you are trying to duplicate some aspects of the built-in functionality. Can you expand on your use-case so we can better advise?

• 3.  RE: Check Agent Availability in Workgroup

Posted 09-10-2019 09:53
    Hi Paul,

Here is the use case:
    1. Check which language customer has selected in IVR, Language1 or Language2.
    2. Check if an agent is available in a workgroup (eg. WG1). Workgroup is configured as 'custom' in Interaction Administrator.
    3. Then check whether agent of that workgroup WG1 is having Skill1 (for Language1) or Skill2 (for Language2)
    4. If Skill1 is there, transfer the call to workgroup WG1. That is, call will land to agent.
    Or,
    If Skill2 is there, then we need to check this skill proficiency. If Skill2 proficiency is in between 80-100, then transfer the call to workgroup. That is, call will land to agent with Skill2 proficiency range 80-100.
    5. If no agent is available for Skill2 with proficiency range 80-100, then check if any other agent is available for Skill2 with lower proficiency range 0-80. If yes, then transfer the call to this agent.

Rahul C Tyagi
    Accenture India

• 4.  RE: Check Agent Availability in Workgroup

Posted 09-10-2019 13:37
    Rahul,
    This looks like you are trying to duplicate the standard functionality. If you take steps 4 & 5 together, then you have the whole 0-100 covered, so ACD will select the agent with the highest skill proficiency. I cannot see how splitting it in this way will benefit you.

Say, I have 2 Agents, A has proficiency 90 and B has proficiency 70. Using your methodology, then if A is available, step 4 will route the call to Agent A, if not then step 5 will route it to B. If neither is available, then it will wait. Depending on exactly how you configure step 5, if the call is waiting and Agent A becomes available, then they may not get it!! If, however you simply route the call to the Workgroup using built-in functionality, then if A is Available, they will get it, otherwise B will get it. If neither is available, it will wait for one of them. The only situatio in which B MIGHT get a call when A is available is if they have been idle for a long time, but you can always exclude the agent idle from the ACD calculation. You don't even need Custom ACD or Handlers to do this....

I'm also unclear why Language 1 and Language 2 are treated differently?

If this won't work for you, can you take a step back and explain what you are actually trying to achieve with this solution (higher level overview)?

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources