PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Unrecognized DTMF

Posted 01-27-2021 06:59
    Edited by Wayne Rhodeback 01-27-2021 14:54
    I have a PureConnect system that suddenly started ignoring DTMF

I've checked everything.
    I see the DTMF in a capture from the MediaServer, and can hear it in the audio stream.
    I've actually captured calls where DTMF doesn't work multiple times, then it takes and the caller enters their 15 digit affinity card number, and my handler returns their card balance correctly.

I finally figured out the pattern. I can only get DTMF to work if I remove a prompt at the schedule level above the call flow. A prompt that has been there since the beginning of the COVID pandemic.

That is how they are operating now. Take the prompt out, it's fine. Put the prompt in, it's broken.

#SIP/VolP
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Wayne Rhodeback
    Astute, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Unrecognized DTMF

Posted 01-27-2021 17:11
    Edited by Wayne Rhodeback 01-27-2021 17:15
    The prompt is 8bit, 8khz, mono .wav. The prompt was added back when COVID started, and has always played fine..
    This is normal Attendant OOTB functionality.
    The prompt is playing at the Schedule level, and then drops into a menu.
    I can see and hear DTMF in the packet capture. It seems as if PureConnect just isn't ready to deal with it.

Wayne Rhodeback
    Astute, Inc.

• 3.  RE: Unrecognized DTMF

GENESYS
    Posted 01-28-2021 04:56
    So, this prompt is set as the Profile Greeting on the profile, correct?
    If you open Attendant and go to this profile, then click on "Configure Speech Recognition" button at the bottom and click the "Disable Speech Recognition" check the box then test again, does the same problem still occur?

https://help.genesys.com/pureconnect/mergedprojects/wh_iat/desktop/custom_inbound_call_profile.htm > see "Speech Recognition Frame" at the bottom of that page.  Not sure if this is it, but worth a quick test.

Drew Drew Bisson
    Chief Architect
    Genesys - Employees

• 4.  RE: Unrecognized DTMF

Posted 01-29-2021 07:26
    Speech recognition isn't enabled on that schedule.

Wayne Rhodeback
    Astute, Inc.

• 5.  RE: Unrecognized DTMF

GENESYS
    Posted 01-29-2021 09:54
    Did you test once with the prompt in place (such that the problem is reproducible) AND the "Disable Speech Recognition" checkbox on the Profile (not the schedule) checked, thereby disabling speech recognition which is otherwise enabled by default for dial by name?

Just curious if that test makes any difference.

Drew Drew Bisson
    Chief Architect
    Genesys - Employees

• 6.  RE: Unrecognized DTMF

GENESYS
    Posted 02-03-2021 21:46
    Any luck with this?  Does the IP log show the prompt play step getting hit?  (Any errors logged?)  Have you tried reproducing while debugging in handlers go see it get to that point and see if it is taking some kind of failure path?

Drew Drew Bisson
    Chief Architect
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources